“Most disgusting hotel I have ever been in!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Westgate Motor Inn & Liquor

Westgate Motor Inn & Liquor
Ranked #90 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
“Most disgusting hotel I have ever been in!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

Do not stay here it was the most disgusting room I have ever been in. They made us pay up front which should have been my first clue then refused a refund when we complained. We slept in are vehicle as this was the only place in Edmonton that we could find with a room available . The room looked as if it hasn't been cleaned in months.

• Stayed February 2013
5 Thank Crystalj18

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Mississauga, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

Judging by some of the more positive reviews, I have to assume that there are a few 'nice' rooms and then there is the one that I got. It was ominous enough that I had to kick the door really hard just to get into the room, but what lurked behind that door was truly ghastly. Dirty sheets and carpet, inexplicably wet floors, sunken mattress and and a tear-inducing stench that has haunted me since that night. I got a powerful vibe that many 'illicit amorous transactions' had taken place in the bed where I was to sleep. I would have turned a blind eye if the room had been super cheap, but it wasn't really a huge bargain staying there. If you're casually traveling through the area, you're better off spending the extra $20 at a clean hotel or at least demanding one of the 'good rooms' here.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank vermeer555
Belleville, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012

Rooms are filthy - Blood stains on the pillow cases, cigarette burns on the blankets, nasty towels (I used my own) I literally slept in my sleeping bag on top of the linens, Staff lies to get you to stay. I asked for a room with a kitchenette but they don't have any even though they advertise to the fact. What they call a room with a kitchenette is a room with a mini fridge, a microwave and a 1960's hot plate. They also refuse refunds. There are many scumbag people loitering around this motel like drug dealers and prostitutes! The liquor store attracts all kinds of losers to this motel.
I was awakened at 5am by a bum from across the street (rest-ez motel) begging for money. Their rates are crazy high considering what a dump this place is, no matter how close to the casino or the west Edmonton mall is. You can hear the drunks arguing and fighting in this place and nothing is done about it!
Abby S is actually a staff member who lives here and wrote that review so do not believe a word she/he has written. You would be better served staying anywhere but here. Never again!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms in this pigsty
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
7 Thank Rocco M
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

Just returned from a 2 night stay here. Very close to West Edmonton Mall, very nice, modern, clean and comfortable rooms. The front desk staff are friendly and helpful. The maid did a great job tidying up our room each day! The location was great for us. We will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Beds are really comfy.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Abby S
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

I would first like to start off by saying, dirty old oil rags are not used for hand towels nor bath towels. You should get some new linens. I found this hotel to be the dirtyest hotel I have ever stayed at. I also didnt enjoy all the "ladys" comming in an out making our stay that much more enjoyable, yelling about stolen wallets. DONT STAY HERE.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank ashley l
edmonton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

I stayed at this motel and it is so remote from "classy'--maybe if you're drunk. lollol What breakfast ??unless it's booze from the liquor store on the premises. I wasn't even offered a coffee that they sometimes had brewing sooo hospitality NOT. What furniture ? the TV is 100 years old kept breaking down. The mattress had holes. The dressers are from Grannies attic----- chipped so badly it tears up your clothes. certainly not classy The fridge by the sink ancient, built in under the top burners was soo old and left dirty. it didn't even work anymore.----for show only. So they had a cheap bar fridge that was frosted up (I defrosted that and nothing could fit in there anyway). Definitely fire the cleaning person.to start with.
I was soo peeved with the uncleanliness of this dump and I stayed there in Nov 2012 so I say you got your motels mixed up. The only thing good I can say is the bedroom was roomy but that's all you had was the bedroom and bathroom. .

Go to Rest EZ across the street. The cleaning ladies are awesome. The linen is half decent for their rates. which are way cheaper than Westgate.. It's very quiet. If there is a disturbance it's dealth with swiftly. The bedroom is separate from the kitchenette area which actually has a real stove and refrigerator. Feels more like home. It has a sofa bed for extra person as well.

Room Tip: Stay away unless you're used to dirt.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank classylady947
THAILAND
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2010

For $70 a night it is difficult to find anything other than a dirty old road-worker rat hole of a room that stink of stale beer and butts. Worest than any "3rd world" hotel that I have been to. Westgate,on the other hand is exception to the Alberta norm,it is fair value for the canuck-buck. the only thing that pissed me off was the sleight of hand performed by the front desk clerk who gave me the $20 key deposit back but then added it on to my bill later. I didn't discover this until months later when I was already home on the other side of the world.
Kind of a 'low-ball' way to make money..... anyways, if you stay here pay cash for the deposit and room. Don't trust the little man at the front desk.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple