“Good budget hotel close to West Ed Mall.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
West Edmonton Motor Inn
Ranked #85 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed here with my husband a couple of times after travelling down from Fort McMurray. We were after a cheap but decent hotel that was close to West Ed Mall-after all we wanted to save our spending money for shopping/eating/drinking...and West Ed Mall is the main attraction of Edmonton - so if you missed that then you have really MISSED out!! The hotel is not perfect but both times we have found everything to be clean and the staff to be friendly. The basic free breakfast is a bonus start to the day. It's not the Taj Mahal but when you're shopping all night and eating and drinking in Bouban St (@ the mall), then you only need a place to sleep.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OZtraveller00001

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I made the sad mistake of staying at this sad excuse.for.a.motel thermostat didnt work carpets stunk and were stained ... Then 5 days later still no return on my security deposit ... Which i.shoukd have had days ago.... Be warned its a bug infested crap hole that will rip you off

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Steve M
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The people at the front desk were nice during our stay. They gave us a new room and recommended an excellent restaurant for dinner and upon first entering the room seemed fine although vents were dusty. Woke up several times during the night unable to breath due to my allergy to dust so it was more dusty than it looked. Upon our return home we both were covered in itchy red bumps! Turns out they're bed bug bites! They bite the fleshy parts and will bite in rows so there is no doubt. Now we only drove to Edmonton, stayed over night, and drove back the next morning and they were definitely not from our car. I do hope this was just an unfortunate isolated incident at this motel but as of the other day they were refusing to take responsibility or to reimburse us for our one night stay which is really the least one would expect.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank wannagoonvacay
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I called these guys after arriving in town to confirm that they had rooms and were in fact pet friendly- the man on the phone assured me they had plenty of vacancy and told me to come on over. After driving across town (not the easiest feat with a trailer and two grumpy cats ) we parked and I got out to check in. The first thing I noticed was two huge signs saying "NO CATS" in block letters. I told the man at the desk I had cats but had already called to confirm to which he replied "you said pet! Cats are not pet! Dog is pet!" In broken English. When I told him I had I just driven across town he started to laugh. Very nice customer service; very professional. I walked out and went right next door where they rented us a nice clean room no problem.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Aeolson1
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Nothing about this place is good. The service was terrible, the rooms were dirty and not made up until 6 pm on 2 days out the 3 days I stayed. The complimentary "breakfast" is a joke - stale bread, weak coffee and day-old mini-muffins. When I complained about the room and service, they refused to refund my 2 remaining pre-paid days.

They also charge extra ($10-$30 per night) if you don't like the room they assign and try to change it.

There are many other motels within 1/2 km at comparable prices. Go anywhere else !!!

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel ! There are many within 1/2 km.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Kent V
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Disgusting. Stains on the bedding. Cigarette burns in the bedding in a no smoking room. Room stank of a mixture of smoke, cat pee and god knows what else (and cats not allowed so don't know why it smelt of them). Got in late and left very very early. Very expensive too.

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank FionaGaff
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Upon arriving after midnight, after having vehicle problems was greeted by a very unhelpful staff member, very rude, appeared to not be able to speak a word of english either.

I cannot believe he puts a young clean couple in such a nasty filthy room. There is writing in the walls in the bathroom. Will be attaching photos upon check out,

The ceilings got mould on them, there is no smoke detector, and the bedding smells like really bad B.O. There is dust un the vents, you cannot breathe at all.

I honestly made the biggest mistake by saving ten dollars, now I am up all night writing a review!!!! This is awful, and i highly recommend AVOIDING THIS HELL HOLE!

DUNGEON/ CROOKED OWNERS/ CITY HEALTH INSPECTORS SHOULD BE CHECKING OUT THIS NASTY PLACE!

Room Tip: Avoid Place, Do Not Stay Here
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business