“Great place to stay close to Edmonton Mall good price &excellent customer service!”

West Edmonton Motor Inn
West Edmonton Motor Inn
Ranked #87 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2010

We were happy we stumbled upon this motel,they even had a free breakfast,easy access to Edmonton Mall. Very accommodating owners, good since I got sick and had to stay in one day, very nice people!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
WESTEDMOTOR, Manager at West Edmonton Motor Inn, responded to this review, 6 September 2010
Thank you for your kind review. We greatly appreciate your business and look foward to welcoming you back soon.

West Edmonton Motor INN Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Fort McMurray
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2010

Very disappointed in our recent stay,when we booked our room we told them that we have a dog they responded thats ok we accept pets, but there is a 10 dollar charge which we agreed on this is normal for most motels. After we had checked in we took the dog out in the courtyard on her leash to walk around with her little bag just in case she did her business we would clean up. The owner of the motel approached us and said we can't have this kind of dog out around the front of the motel. We had to go around the back of the motel to walk her. We found this upsetting discriminatory against the dog this is a $3000 show dog. Upon checkout the front desk lady said I have a note from the owner that I have to check the room for damage before you check out. We have stayed in $300 hotels and never been treated like this. This is what canadians are treated like from foreigners. The room was not clean and rundown and not renovated, the dog could not do anymore damage to the carpet or walls than had already been done. Do not stay here.
Restaurant next door is awesome.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank muskey01
baldev662, Owner at West Edmonton Motor Inn, responded to this review, 16 August 2010
In response to this review, as the owner I would like to clarify that dogs are welcome in our courtyard on leash only. This guest did not have their dog on a leash which is why we notified them of this policy. Secondly we check all rooms upon check out so it's not clear as to why the front-desk clerk said that it was a special intsruction for these particualr guests, but this will be inquired into and for that we apologize. As far as walking the dog goes, only on leash walks are permitted.
PEI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2010

I am very picky when it comes to beds and cleanliness of room and restroom. These rooms were clean and beds were excellent. I'd recommend this motel to anyone who is cost conscience and wants to stay in a nice clean facility.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
Levis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2009

I visit Edmonton every year, sometimes several times a year some for work some for leisure, and always find myself always staying here. This time I came down with a big family, and the staff was very welcoming to everybody. It is conveniently located as we stayed for several nights, there is a Wal-Mart Super Center in walking distance, also a restaurant on location. There are several other great restaurants with in a few minutes drive (front desk staff was very helpful finding these places) and of course the West Edmonton Mall which all of the younger family members love. Great Value for this cozy place, and will continue to stay here. Also loved the newly renovated rooms!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank QualityInnManagement
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2009

I have been traveling to Edmonton for past 5 years for work purposes. I stayed at West Edmonton Motor Inn 2 years ago and the rooms and service was okay. I recently decided to stay there again on my last trip and was totally satisfied with the rooms and their service. They gave me a newly renovated room which was as good as rooms in Hotel. I was able to connect to internet through their free Wi Fi service. The rate was very reasonable compared to other motels I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank ddhillon
Pisa, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2009

DO NOT GO THERE!
I stayed two nights at this motel, at the end of July 2009. The motel is operated by an Indian family. They told me the room they gave me (number 233) had been recently renovated.
I had a distinctive feeling that the bedsheeets were not clean, but I was so tired for a long drive that I decided to stay there anyway.
I started noticing red blisters on my right arm on the morning I was leaving. Within the next 2 days my arms and legs were covered with these red itchy blisters (I counted 102 of them!!!). Back home, I went to see a dermatologist, he said that they were insect bites, most likely by fleas. I had not ahd any other exposure to this kind of revolting insects other than the West Edmonton Motor Inn, so it must have happened there.
Absolutely terrible. Do not go there!!!
FYI, the price for a single guest: $87 plus tax.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
5 Thank artedicarte
baldev662, Public Relations Manager at West Edmonton Motor Inn, responded to this review, 28 July 2010
This review is completely false. First of all, ethnicity is hardly relevant in the quality of a hotel. Second, there is absolutely no infestation of any kind at the west edmonton motor inn and we have the regular pest control maintenance records to corroborate this.
We have been very proactive in pre-emptively protecting against pests by having our vicinity regularly sprayed by pest control professionals to PREVENT this problem from arising.
If this guest did in fact contract some kind of insect problem, it certainly was not from our motel.

Do keep in mind that hotels and hospitals are not the only places which bedbugs tend to inhabit, in fact there are many retail stores that are witnessing a rise of bed bugs particularly lingerie stores.