I WAS having a very good experience at this landmark hotel, until I got a call from the Manager on Duty telling me to come down to the front desk asap. when I got there she told me my car, in the parkade, attached to the hotel and rented out to ImPark, had 2 broken windows! The staff handled this well, after the fact, but I was disappointed to hear them say that Level 4/5 is not a safe place to park your car because it is usually pretty empty overnight. If the staff know this, why aren't overnight guests warned? And why doesn't a hotel of this calibre, require that security video cameras are installed by the parking lot owners? Someone broke both of my car's passenger side windows and went into my car, emptied out my glove compartments and left stuff on seat. I don't know if they took anything. They left the change on the door. So I spent the next day with police reporting and insurance and I will have a few weeks of a rental care, thanks to these vandals. I will never park in that parked again. I probably won't stay overnight in this hotel again. Be aware if you go there. Park close to the street level if you have to leave your car there overnight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the iconic landmark Chateau Lacombe Hotel. Locally owned and independently operated, the Chateau Lacombe Hotel offers 307 guest rooms including 69 Concierge guest rooms allocated on the upper floors requiring key access, each fully renovated Concierge guest room offers Telus Optic LED TV and 15mb dedicated internet access for each room. Enjoy access to our private Concierge Lounge overlooking the majestic Edmonton river valley. Lounge Privilege's include: Daily continental breakfast & Daily evening beverages with Canapes. The Hotel is home to the city's award winning rooftop revolving restaurant La Ronde on the 24th floor and rotates over 88 minutes capturing the cityscape and river valley views. A great location for celebrating memorable moments and milestone events. With its 307 Guest Rooms and 14,000 sq. Ft. Of meeting space, the Chateau Lacombe Hotel is the preferred location for business and leisure travellers wishing to be close to downtown with the Arts & Culture, nightlife and soon to be revealed in 2016 - the Downtown Arts and Entertainment District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelClick, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chateau Lacombe Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Chateau Lacombe Hotel Edmonton
- Crowne Plaza Edmonton
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Edmonton