“Clean comfortable quality hotel”

Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I typically try to stay at newer hotels when traveling on business. This Best Western in South Edmonton is only 3 years old and is also surrounded by a few other newer hotels that I've stayed at as well. The BW doesn't suffer in comparison to the others. The room I had was clean, comfortable & modern, meeting my expectations. While there's no restaurant in the hotel, there's a few choices within walking distance, and more if you hop in your car. Complimentary hot breakfast is a nice treat, as is the coffee in the lobby which was hot whenever I tried it - even in the evening! Nice touch to get a bottle of water upon check in from the friendly staff. All of these points, in addition to the fact that I collect BW rewards points will make this a hotel of choice for me on future business trips in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Sandeep G, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments and taking some time out and posting your comments on Trip Advisor.

It was great to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and ranked us highly in comparisions to other hotels. I thank you for giving us the chance to serve you and also patronizing our hotel for future use.

We all here assure you our very best and look forward to see you soon with us.

Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

New hotel which is has a modern feel. Rooms are updated and have a very nice bathroom. The bedding was very comfortable. Breakfast was a highlight - a nice selection. Pool and whirlpool were inviting. There is a restaurant in walking distance, but I'd recommend a car if staying at this hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time out and posting your feedback on your recent stay on Trip Advisor.

It was a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the product.

I assure you that we will keep on doing our best always and ensure all guest expectations are met.

Look forward to see you with us again.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel with our Airmiles reward miles. It was a great stay and the hotel is very clean. The reviews are totally correct about that. The check in process was quick and painless and the person helping us at the front desk was polite and friendly. We really enjoyed the pool. That was the best part of the stay for us. The slide was really fun and the hot tub had really good jets and massaged my back after a lot of walking at West Edmonton Mall. My Husband said he really enjoyed the breakfast. I have celiac and there were no options for me so I am glad I brought my own cereal and used their milk. The bed was comfortable and the hotel is basically brand new so I have no complaints about cleanliness or it being in bad repair. All in all it was great stay and I would stay there again. The hotel is quite a distance from West Edmonton Mall but it is really close to a huge out door shopping mall with an IKEA and restaurants and stores.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer H
Sandeep G, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Jennifer H,

Thank you for your comments and feedback on Trip Advisor.

it gives me immense pleasure to know that we are achiving our goal to provide superior customer service in terms of product and staff service.

I assure you that we will continue deliveing the same in future too and ensure we meet and exceed all our guest expectations always.

See you soon!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I was staying here for 1 night for a skating competition. When I called to make a reservation, I was promptly told that they were sold out of the rooms set aside for the Skating competition PLUS there was a minimum 2 night stay to get the skating rate quoted to us of 122.99 by our association by that hotel...unfortunately, I was told since I was there for only 1 night, I couldn't get the special rate quoted to us. Not knowing that there were other hotels just next door, I made the reservation.
I even told the girl when I made the reservation, I had 1 skater, 1 night was all I needed, she was not sympathetic at all.

I was given the only option left, a King room and I paid close to $190.00 for what. An average room that was just that..average. There was nothing in my mind that i should have paid $190 for. The Internet connection was so slow that it made it hard for me to get work done. Yes, the rooms were clean and the bed was very comfortable.

The breakfast was ok. There was the usual no taste pancakes, bread that once toasted was very dry and crunchy. The boiled eggs were rubbery. The coffee was good.

Overall, would I stay here again if it was recommended by my skating association, probably not. As I now know there was a Sheraton next door that my associate got a nice king room at a sport rate.

Would I recommended it...sure, will I stay here again...nope.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a King room and pay extra, there is no difference other than the bed size.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear FtMacTompkins,

First of all thank you for your candid feedback regarding your stay with us and these feedback allow us to improvize on our services and processes where we need to.

I am sorry that my team was not sympathatic during the check in process and this is where I have to ensure you that I look into the same and have it rectified.

I can understand from you point of view regarding pricing but we did had lot of rooms blocked for your group which were picked up early, even a month before and as a hotel we can't have the room blocked for a group till the check in date. The room block are coordinated by the coordinator your group choose and minimum night stay is also discussed with the coordinator and then the group rate is given for a group with a cut off date.

I am sure you will understand our side of the story too where we need to ensure we sell our rooms as per laid down processes like any other business.

I am sure you will surely think staying with us again looking at our service and product and i request you to let me know personally so that I can arrange it for you.

Thank you again for staying with us and apologies for any inconvenience faced unintentionally from our side.

Sandeep Ghosh

Reviewed 16 October 2013

The cleanliness of this hotel is amazing! I was very impressed with everything about it from the exterior, lobby area, our room and the eating room. The moment we walked in we felt comfortable and appareciated as guests. Our room was extremely clean (the bathroom was amazingly clean which you never find in a hotel) and the beds were comfortable. We did take advantage of the free buffet breakfast and were impressed with the selection of hot and cold items to choose from. Our goal was to head to IKEA the next day so the location was perfect for us. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Dawn G,

Feedback like yours gives our team the extra motivation to perform better for all the guest.

As Best Western, it is our brands promise to give Ultra Clean rooms to our guest always and ensure that the guest stay in a hygenic place. I assure you that we will keep on striving to reach this standard of cleaning.

I am sure we will surely see you back with us and till then all the very best from Team Best Western Plus South Edmonton.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Awesome hotel! Will make this my choice of hotels while in Edmonton for sure. This was a much different stay than my last experience with a Best Western in Edmonton which was the Westwoond Inn, a very disgusting unsanitary place to stay. Not sure why Best Western would even let them put their name on this hotel, I would sooner sleep under a bridge than stay at the Westwood Inn and I try to let everyone that I can know that as much as possible. God only knows what you may contract if you stay at the Westwood Inn.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Shannon P,

Thank you for the lovely feedback on your stay in Trip Advisor.

i am sure that we will keep on delivering our best for all the guest. Your support and candid feedback fuel us to do better always and keep on improvising our standards for betterment.

I am sure that we will see you again with us and till then wish you all the very best.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

This is the first time stating. very clean hotel and all the staff were very friendly. really enjoyed the pool area and the electric fireplace in our room. the breakfasts were very good. lots of good food and space to eat. Our rooms could have used a bit better general lighting.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the oppurtunity to serve you and staying with us.

It was great to hear that on your first stay with us you were impressed with the hotel services and staff and I am sure that in future too you will get the same service and product.

I am sure in future you will patronize our hotel and assure you our best always.

Sandeep