“Really nice!! Didn't want to leave.”

Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites
Ranked #14 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have only ONE whinge about this hotel and that was the fact for breakfast you have plastic cutlery and paper plates and bowls, not great for the standard for the hotel and let's it's down unfortunately.
Still I'm not going to Mark it down for is reason, as the rest of the hotel is great. The reception staff are pleasant, pool was clean and dad seemed quite happy on the flume!!

The rooms were fab, we had a little seating area with a sofa. The beds are comfy (just the duvet was lumpy). Rooms are spacious and clean and the bathroom was clean also.

Can't fault anything else. The breakfast was a help yourself, cereal, toast and sausages and omelettes, fruit, coffee tea etc..... It was nice and the room was spacious with adequate amount of tables. As previously said, just let down by the picnic style cutlery and plates.

This hotel is great and would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: No major tips, we were in room 301 and this had an additional living area....
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ruthja
Sandeep G, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Ruthja,

Thank you for your candid feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that you loved the room and the amenities provided and our breakfast too. I am also pleased that your dad like being with us.

I have also noted your feedback in regards to the plastic cutlery and paper plates and bowls and would surely keep in mind for future when we would like to change the processes.

Thank you again for staying with us and I look forward to see you again with us.

Sandeep Ghosh

Write a ReviewReviews (1,007)

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is a nice hotel located down on the south side of edmonton on ellerslie road and calgary trail and not far from the anthony henday.

Arrival is quick and painless, the staff were well prepared and we had no issues checking in.

The room was a good size with a king sized bed, averaged sized TV and a nice bathroom. The room was clean and we never had any issues with the bed or the bathroom.

There is no attached restaurant with the hotel, but there are several good ones near by and a few of the fast food places just down the street (walking distance..ish). Breakfast is pretty good in the hotel, with eggs, bacon and some of the other normal breakfast items you would expect.

Don't let the location deep on the south side bother you, with easy access to several main highways it doesn't take long to get around town.

If I had to make a complaint it would be with parking. There is a lot of parking, but it is spread out a bit and if you arrive after about 5pm, you'll end up with a bit of a hike. Not much fun in a cold rain!

I'd have no issues recommending this place to other people if they want to stay on the south side.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trippy667

Dear Trippy667,

Thank you for your lovely reviw of the hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am happy to hear that you liked the hotel and the amenities provided and I assure you our best always.

I have also noted your feedback regarding the parking and I am sorry that you have to face some minor inconvenience because of parking far.

I look forward to see you with us again.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I Despise getting into hotels late at night, but sometimes you have no choice. I stayed at Best Western because the Sandman Hotel next to it lied to me, and said they were booked up, even though I had called 2 hrs before (at midnight!) and was told they had 5 handicapped accessible rooms available. Regardless, Best Western had a very friendly man at reception who, despite having 'night auditing' processes disrupting his computer access, got myself and my friend into available non-accessible top floor Business Suites with AMAZING king beds for 2/3rds price. He even gave us some complimentary ice cold water bottles and snacks before bed! Much appreciated! The room was fantastic and clean. The bed was just how I like it, and the black-out blinds let me sleep until my 12 noon checkout! Brilliant. Only issue I wanted to bring up is that the bathrooms in the non-accessible rooms are difficult to navigate in a wheelchair. Sinks are easy, but toilet and tub are only accessible once the door is closed, but you can't close the door once your chair is inside. NOT COMPLAINING, just letting other wheelchair users know what to expect if they can't book an accessible room. I'm sure that the accessible rooms have better layouts in the bathrooms, but can't vouch, sorry. Altogether, very nice hotel, friendly staff and highly recommended!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bradford L

Dear Bradford L,

Thank you for your candid feedback and review of our hotel.

I am so pleased that you were really impressed with my team members service and also like the serice and product.

I have noted down your feedback regarding the accessible room and will surely discuss with my management and see how we can better it as per your feedback.

I look forward to see you with us again.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My house burned down about a month ago. I have been staying at this hotel off and on since. This hotel has almost become my home. I always have good service, get a good rate and have a spotless room! The staff here are beyond friendly and always make my stay comfortable and enjoyable. Rooms are big, pool is clean and hot tub is always clean and at a good temperature. I have stayed in a handful of different room and every bed is VERY comfortable. There is no restaurant in the hotel but pan ago will deliver right to your room door and they have a continental breakfast every morning that has a good variety of breakfast foods.

Room Tip: Evaline is the nicest housekeeper and will help you with anything that may be missing.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank lizzonneveld

Dear Liz,

Thank you so much for your review and I really appreciate that you have patronized our hotel.

It is always a pleasure to have you with us always. I am also pleased that you have found our service and product consistant during your various stay with us.

I look forward to see you again and hope your house is now being taken care off.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We only stayed the one night, but the room was clean and very nice. Also the cost of the room was good. The staff was also very friendly and happy to accommodate for our family of 5 in any way we needed. We didn't get a chance to swim in the poo but it looked like a lot of fun. We picked this location because it's only a 2 minute drive to south common. I recommend staying at this hotel of you are needing to be in South Edmonton.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kylie V

Dear Kylie V,

Thank you for posting your review and it's very pleasing to hear that you and your family enjoyed staying with us and appreciated the team member.

I look forward to see you again with us and hopefully this time you will get time to be in our pool area with your family.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel several times and I like it for their cleanliness, CHOP restaurant next door and great breakfast (hot and cold). Rooms are spacious and bed is very comfortable, there are pillows of slim and thick profile. Highly reccomended

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Pachinto17
Sandeep G, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Pachinto17,

Thank you for staying with us and it is indeed a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am happy that we met your expectations and I am sure that we will see you soon with us again.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Excellent staff and great physical building can t go wrong coming to this hotel good business center pool area enjoyable and a well equipped exercise room ver pleasant surrounding and the breakfast is always fresh

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank YLupien

Dear YLupien,

Thank you for your lovely comments on Trip Advisor and recommending our hotel to all.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am sure that in future too we will keep doing our best.

Look forward to see you gain.