“My new First Choice on Gateway!”

BEST WESTERN PLUS South Edmonton Inn & Suites
Ranked #14 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersSilver level
“My new First Choice on Gateway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

This will be our new First Choice when we come to Edmonton. In the past we stayed here when we couldn't get into another hotel nearby. During a recent stay here, we had a minor problem with a room and because of the corrective service from the manager and his staff, we will be back!
Thank you Sandeep. Your caring attitude shows with all your staff and we enjoyed our treatment, First Class! Its shows in every department. Also, we had the best breakfasts to date at this level of hotel and it was free. Please continue your wonderful caring service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Sandeep G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely comments and I am so happy to see that after the initial issues, we were able to exceed your expectation.

I am sorry for the initial issues but assure you that we will keep doing our best always to ensure that our guest have a great time with us.

I look forward to see you again with us.

Sandeep Ghosh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Prince George, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

The Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites exceeded all of our families expectations. Our suite was ready upon arrival, the room was immaculate, and there was not any sound transfer between rooms. The kids were excited about the pool and waterslide, which has wonderful hours 6am to 10pm. I was impressed how clean the pool area is kept. Breakfast, which is included in the price, had enough variety for both kids and adults. There were choices to stay or to go. The staff was friendly and helpful through out our stay. Our kids are asking when we can stay here again.

Room Tip: We booked through the Best Western Website and found the best prices and availability.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Sandeep G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Lenna P,

Thank you so much for this beautiful review and also staying with us.

It gives me and my team immense pleasure when we know that our guest had an expectional time with us and also I am happy that your kids enjoyed the stay and would like to stay with us again.

I am sure we will see you again with us soon and assure you our best always.

Fort McMurray, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I think i was one of the first people to stay in the room that I rented. Since 2010 i have been returning to edmonton probably once every 4 months i always stay here. Rooms are as new as the first time I stayed and staff just as friendly. Would recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: the rooms with the hot tubes sure are nice
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Sandeep G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear alexisek,

Thank you so much for patronizing our hotel from the start and I am so happy that you have felt that we have kept the hotel in good condition from the start.

I am very happy that we were consistent in our service and I assure you that we will keep on doing our best always.

See you again soon.

Regina, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed just one night at this facility that we won on Priceline's "Express Deals" in the Edmonton South region - the total came out to just under $100 for one evening. The hotel is very new, nicely decorated, and the rooms are spacious and modern and very comfortable. There's a decently-sized pool and a fun little waterslide to boot, as well as a nice fitness facility. Breakfast is included and has lots of hot and cold options - not gourmet, but good enough to get your tummy full for the day ahead. Good service, good value, decent location. Recommended!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SmartyBoy
Dear SmartyBoy,

Thank you for the review on Trip Advisor and I am really happy that we were able to meet your expectations.

I am also grateful to you that you have recommended out hotel and I assure you that we will keep doing our best in future too.

Look forward to see you again with us.

leicester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have only ONE whinge about this hotel and that was the fact for breakfast you have plastic cutlery and paper plates and bowls, not great for the standard for the hotel and let's it's down unfortunately.
Still I'm not going to Mark it down for is reason, as the rest of the hotel is great. The reception staff are pleasant, pool was clean and dad seemed quite happy on the flume!!

The rooms were fab, we had a little seating area with a sofa. The beds are comfy (just the duvet was lumpy). Rooms are spacious and clean and the bathroom was clean also.

Can't fault anything else. The breakfast was a help yourself, cereal, toast and sausages and omelettes, fruit, coffee tea etc..... It was nice and the room was spacious with adequate amount of tables. As previously said, just let down by the picnic style cutlery and plates.

This hotel is great and would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: No major tips, we were in room 301 and this had an additional living area....
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ruthja
Sandeep G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Ruthja,

Thank you for your candid feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that you loved the room and the amenities provided and our breakfast too. I am also pleased that your dad like being with us.

I have also noted your feedback in regards to the plastic cutlery and paper plates and bowls and would surely keep in mind for future when we would like to change the processes.

Thank you again for staying with us and I look forward to see you again with us.

Havana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is a nice hotel located down on the south side of edmonton on ellerslie road and calgary trail and not far from the anthony henday.

Arrival is quick and painless, the staff were well prepared and we had no issues checking in.

The room was a good size with a king sized bed, averaged sized TV and a nice bathroom. The room was clean and we never had any issues with the bed or the bathroom.

There is no attached restaurant with the hotel, but there are several good ones near by and a few of the fast food places just down the street (walking distance..ish). Breakfast is pretty good in the hotel, with eggs, bacon and some of the other normal breakfast items you would expect.

Don't let the location deep on the south side bother you, with easy access to several main highways it doesn't take long to get around town.

If I had to make a complaint it would be with parking. There is a lot of parking, but it is spread out a bit and if you arrive after about 5pm, you'll end up with a bit of a hike. Not much fun in a cold rain!

I'd have no issues recommending this place to other people if they want to stay on the south side.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Trippy667
Dear Trippy667,

Thank you for your lovely reviw of the hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am happy to hear that you liked the hotel and the amenities provided and I assure you our best always.

I have also noted your feedback regarding the parking and I am sorry that you have to face some minor inconvenience because of parking far.

I look forward to see you with us again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I Despise getting into hotels late at night, but sometimes you have no choice. I stayed at Best Western because the Sandman Hotel next to it lied to me, and said they were booked up, even though I had called 2 hrs before (at midnight!) and was told they had 5 handicapped accessible rooms available. Regardless, Best Western had a very friendly man at reception who, despite having 'night auditing' processes disrupting his computer access, got myself and my friend into available non-accessible top floor Business Suites with AMAZING king beds for 2/3rds price. He even gave us some complimentary ice cold water bottles and snacks before bed! Much appreciated! The room was fantastic and clean. The bed was just how I like it, and the black-out blinds let me sleep until my 12 noon checkout! Brilliant. Only issue I wanted to bring up is that the bathrooms in the non-accessible rooms are difficult to navigate in a wheelchair. Sinks are easy, but toilet and tub are only accessible once the door is closed, but you can't close the door once your chair is inside. NOT COMPLAINING, just letting other wheelchair users know what to expect if they can't book an accessible room. I'm sure that the accessible rooms have better layouts in the bathrooms, but can't vouch, sorry. Altogether, very nice hotel, friendly staff and highly recommended!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bradford L
Dear Bradford L,

Thank you for your candid feedback and review of our hotel.

I am so pleased that you were really impressed with my team members service and also like the serice and product.

I have noted down your feedback regarding the accessible room and will surely discuss with my management and see how we can better it as per your feedback.

I look forward to see you with us again.