“Consistent Quality”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Grande Prairie, Canada
“Consistent Quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel more than a dozen times since it opened. I very rarely have any problems with the hotel, and when I do the staff are quick to address and correct the issue. I like a quiet room and a comfortable bed and I get that when I'm at this hotel. I occasionally hear hallway noise but it is MINOR in comparison with other hotels. The rooms are always clean and the staff is friendly. I also appreciate having decent Wi-Fi service. I don't find that the service drops or cuts out at all! Finally, one of the complaints I had about this hotel a long time ago, is that they didn't offer many choices for breakfast (especially for anyone with dietary restrictions/needs). I am happy to report that this has changed and breakfast foods are generally fresh and there are lots of healthy options. I definitely recommend this hotel and I will continue staying at this hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank Jacqueline D
Sandeep G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Jacqueline D,

Thank you for such a lovely review and for patronizing our hotel from the start.

It gives me immense pleasure to know that we were as team able to keep our service level consistent and I am sure that in future too we won't let it go down.

I am also happy that you are liking our breakfast selection and I assure you that I keep on working on it and see how we can make it more better.

Thank you for being our premium guest.

Sandeep Ghosh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

This best western was adequate when it came to what our needs were. The pool was definitely a highlight because of the water slide and large-ish size of the pool. Our kids really enjoyed that. This hotel is in a convenient location especially if you're coming from Calgary. It's in a newer area of the city. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was great-there was always ample variety and selection for everyone in our family. The rooms were very quiet which was nice. They weren't as clean as I would have liked and the bed wasn't very comfortable. There was a huge indentation on the side I was trying to sleep on. I also didn't like the shower head in the shower. It had a very uneven flow and it wasn't adjustable. Overall I felt it was a good value for the money and With a few exceptions I would still recommend this hotel to others.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Jody75,

Thank you for your review and also taking the responsibility to inform us where we can better our self for the future.

I am happy that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I also want to apologize for the cleanliness issue that you have faced and I will surely ensure that it is being addressed properly with the team so that it is not repeated again.

I will also look into the shower head and ensure that it works properly and give even flow of water.

Thank you again for recommending our hotel and I look forward to see you with us again.

Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Very satisfied stay so far as I have been here since March 27, 2014 on business. Service is impeccable and as a guest everything has been done to make sure I feel at home. Friendliness is expressed and my expectations have been filled. I would recommend to anyone staying in the south west/east of edmonton.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Jeff S
Dear Jeff S,

Thank you for your time to post such a lovely review on our hotel.

I am happy that you are enjoying your stay with us and if there is anything more I can do to make it better, please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues at the front desk.

Thank you.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

This hotel is on the southern edge of Edmonton so away from the noise and action of the city. Beds are excellent quality and the hotel is quiet. The rooms are clean and spacious. My kids thoroughly enjoyed the pool and water slide. We only stayed one night but I'd definitely recommend this location. Breakfast was a hot continental buffet type so nothing special but still adequate. Wifi works very well and is available in all rooms

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sophia W,

Thank you so much for the review on our hotel and I am happy that you and your family enjoyed staying at our hotel.

I am also very happy that you like the breakfast selection and we keep on working on giving better choice to our guest.

Thank you again and hope to see you with us again.

Regina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at this location before with our 3 children. It is new and modern. The kids love the pool and water slide area, nothing fancy, but the kids love it. We have stayed at the best western hotels closer to West Edmonton mall before, but staying at this nice, new hotel is worth the drive!

• Stayed July 2014
Sandeep G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Angela H,

Thank you for taking some time and posting your review about the hotel.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to meet your expectations. I am also happy that the kids liked our pool area.

I look forward to welcome you and your kids again with us.

Fort McMurray, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Tried this new hotel down in the south of Edmonton last week. Beds are excellent hotel is quiet. Staff was very friendly, I will be going back again this week. This hotel had a lot of kids on the weekend but it was still nice and quiet in the rooms.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Tim M,

It was a pleasure to read your review and I am happy that my team were able to meet your expectations.

Your comments and feedback assist me and my team to always improvise for betterment.

Thank you again and look forward to see you with us again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

My family and I recently embarked on a weekend road trip to Edmonton and we stayed at the Best Western Plus South Hotel. There were seven adults and three kids on the road trip. Here's my assessment:

Pluses:

+ Good Value - Parking, breakfast and wifi were included in the room rate. Granted, breakfast was nothing to write home about but it was better than nothing (and it was just a continental breakfast; there were some hot items like sausages and eggs). The wifi was fast. We also appreciated the cucumber-infused water in the front lobby too.

+ Very Family-Oriented - The kids loved the water slide and pool.

+ Friendly Staff - The people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful.

Minuses:

- We didn't really have any problems or issues with our room or the hotel.

We stayed at the hotel because my sister stayed there before and had a good experience. Similarly, we found the hotel to be very comfortable and offered good value. We will probably stay here again.

AHK403YYC

Room Tip: Because this is a family-oriented hotel, there were a lot of kids when we stayed there. If you want...