“Convenient and easy”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary
“Convenient and easy”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stopped by overnight while on a short motorcycle trip. It was easy to get to without too much city traffic. There's not much nearby within walking distance but there are other hotels with restaurants and there's a Chop steakhouse next door. The hotel is very new and so very clean. Front desk clerk was friendly and upgraded us due to our membership in HOG. There was parking right in front of hotel so our bikes were safe and secure. Breakfast was good. There was more choice than most breakfast buffets. I would definitely stay here again if I needed to be at the South end of Hiway 2 in Edmonton.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sandeep G, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear MontyCalgary,

Thank you for your lovely review.

I am pleased to know that you like the hotel and its service and appreciated my team.

As a Best Western brand, we always want our guest to get a clean and hygienic place to stay and I assure you that we will continue doing so in future too.

Look forward to see you again with us.

Sandeep Ghosh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
High River, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Anita and Jessica helped to make my daughter's birthday and anniversary stay very special. I did the booking online and then called the hotel to confirm that I would be absent. Anita explained that I would need to fill out a form since I used my credit card. I appreciate how smoothly things went in my absence. I will book this hotel again whenever I am in Edmonton.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Tripsters2,

Thank you for your time to post your review.

I am so pleased to hear that your reservation process went so smoothly and you have appreciated my colleagues who assisted you in making your experience better. I will convey your appreciation to them and I assure you that in future too we will keep doing our best always.

Thank you for keeping us in mind when you will be in Edmonton next time.

Look forward to see you again with us.

Calgary Alberta
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I have never written a review focusing on towels before, but my shower experience compelled me. The towels are plush and lovely! I considered sleeping in mine. Usually hotel towels are bare and thread barren. But these towels were fluffy and soft. I will stay here again just for the towels.

Oh, and the hotel was pretty great too!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear kfindlay1979,

Thank you so much for taking some time out and posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I am happy that you appreciated the towels for its quality and I assure you that we will try to keep the same standard in future too.

Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Convenient, to amenities on the south side of Edmonton, close to the airport, clean, friendly staff, room was clean and comfortable, king size bed was extra comfortable, made for a relaxing sleep, jacuzzi tub was too small so the added expense for it was a waste,

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sandeep G, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Richard C,

Thank you for your review and I am happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

I do understand your views regarding the Jacuzzi room and I have reverted to you separately on this so that I can honor your thoughts and do extra on your next visit to us.

As a Best Western brand, if our guest in anyway feel overcharged, I am happy to go one step ahead to ensure that next time you are satisfied with the value of price paid for the product.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with me and giving me the chance to look into it and be in touch with you.

I look forward to see you soon with us.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Our stay was just overnight and me and my kids were happy we chose your hotel...great staff.. Friendly ones... And the pool was great..breakfast was good too... Quiet and comfortable...we will come back again..thank you!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Jiji122775,

Thank you for the lovely review and it's a great honor to know that our guest feel our hotel as their home.

I am happy that you were able to enjoy your stay with us and I am sure that in future too we will keep on doing our best for all our guest always.

See you all soon again.

Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel more than a dozen times since it opened. I very rarely have any problems with the hotel, and when I do the staff are quick to address and correct the issue. I like a quiet room and a comfortable bed and I get that when I'm at this hotel. I occasionally hear hallway noise but it is MINOR in comparison with other hotels. The rooms are always clean and the staff is friendly. I also appreciate having decent Wi-Fi service. I don't find that the service drops or cuts out at all! Finally, one of the complaints I had about this hotel a long time ago, is that they didn't offer many choices for breakfast (especially for anyone with dietary restrictions/needs). I am happy to report that this has changed and breakfast foods are generally fresh and there are lots of healthy options. I definitely recommend this hotel and I will continue staying at this hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank Jacqueline D
Sandeep G, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Jacqueline D,

Thank you for such a lovely review and for patronizing our hotel from the start.

It gives me immense pleasure to know that we were as team able to keep our service level consistent and I am sure that in future too we won't let it go down.

I am also happy that you are liking our breakfast selection and I assure you that I keep on working on it and see how we can make it more better.

Thank you for being our premium guest.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

This best western was adequate when it came to what our needs were. The pool was definitely a highlight because of the water slide and large-ish size of the pool. Our kids really enjoyed that. This hotel is in a convenient location especially if you're coming from Calgary. It's in a newer area of the city. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was great-there was always ample variety and selection for everyone in our family. The rooms were very quiet which was nice. They weren't as clean as I would have liked and the bed wasn't very comfortable. There was a huge indentation on the side I was trying to sleep on. I also didn't like the shower head in the shower. It had a very uneven flow and it wasn't adjustable. Overall I felt it was a good value for the money and With a few exceptions I would still recommend this hotel to others.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Jody75,

Thank you for your review and also taking the responsibility to inform us where we can better our self for the future.

I am happy that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I also want to apologize for the cleanliness issue that you have faced and I will surely ensure that it is being addressed properly with the team so that it is not repeated again.

I will also look into the shower head and ensure that it works properly and give even flow of water.

Thank you again for recommending our hotel and I look forward to see you with us again.