“Needs to improve washroom sanitation”

Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Needs to improve washroom sanitation”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This is my third stay at this Best Western Plus. The staff are as always friendly and helpful. The facility is overall quite update. However, I find that washroom is progressively getting worse. The caulking is full of mildew .. quite gross. When my husband first got into the shower, he thought there was an army of ants crawling on the caulking along the edge of the bath tub. We're staying under Hotwire deal. Wonder if we're placed in a sanitation-wise inferior room because of that! A bit disappointed! By the way we're staying here until next Wednesday. Hope I can muster some courage to take the shower tomorrow morning.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Sandeep G, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Merchandiser3,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the issue that you had to face.

I would like to thank you for bringing it to our attention and since you had been staying with us I appreciate that you got back to us with this medium so fast and on letting us know where to improve and make our process stronger.

I have personally checked your room and I am with you that we have missed out on this and I have realigned the whole process to ensure that this problem no other guest face in future.

My apologies again and thank you for patronizing our hotel and I assure you that it won't be repeated again.

Sandeep Ghosh, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Grangeville, Idaho
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stayed here during a recent trip to Edmonton. I was traveling with 3 teenages and wanted a place that had a swimming pool. Upon arriving in Edmonton we experienced trouble locating the hotel due to bad GPS directions. I called the hotel and the young man working the front desk gave me turn by turn directions and stayed on the phone with me until I arrived in the hotel parking lot. What a huge blessing his willingness to help us was. Upon arrival our reservations and check in was accurate and swift. The same young man checked us in. He provided us with dining options which were very helpful as well. The kids loved the pool and waterslide. I enjoyed the hot tub. Our room was very nice, roomy, clean, and quiet. The beds were extremely comfortable, and the wifi worked very well. There is a Tim Horton's adjoining the hotel which was a huge plus. Our drive to the West Edmonton Mall from the hotel was very easy. The only negative was no complimentary breakfast other than paying at Tim Hortons. With 3 hungry teenages to feed breakfast, that was a real bummer. All in all, we enjoyed out stay, and would definately consider staying here again if we are ever back in Edmonton.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel on the inside parking lot are very quite.
2 Thank Sue L
Dear Sue L,

Thank you so much for your lovely review and I am happy that you and your kids loved the pool and other hotel services and amenities.

I will convey your appreciation to my team for assisting you.

I assure you that we will keep doing our best and keep on exceeding our guest expectations.

Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I was absolutely shocked to find a complete lack of customer service and dirty room etc at a hotel rated 4.5 on this website. Staff were unfriendly and rude at check in. After first night, came back to hotel in afternoon to find bed made with dirty sheets (stained with blood - disgusting). Hotel pool deck was dirty, with clumps of hair and band aids everywhere. Never enough towels provided when room was cleaned for number of guests staying in room. Vending machine on main floor broken - when I asked staff if there was another vending machine in hotel to use they looked at me like they had no clue what I was talking about. I could go on - but really to sum it up I would never stay in this hotel ever again.

• Stayed August 2014
Sandeep G, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear suki7777,

Thank you for your candid feedback and positive feedback assist us in delivering better customer service to all our guest.

Please accept my sincere apologies if we have not met your expectations during your stay with us and I do see that lot of things happened which made you unhappy. I have noted all your feedback and assure you that I will speak to the concerned department and ensure that these issues are being taken care on priority.

We are ranked well in our Customer Service in all web site by our guest who stay with us and in our internal guest survey and we take pride in delivering our best to all our guest and as a one of instance we missed on making you happy.

I am also proud that in different guest reviews, my team had been appraised for the concern and care we show for our guest and my team can never be rude or arrogant to our guest and I can assure you on that.

I can accept that we did missed out on towels and vending machine faulty which is mechanical and takes time to get rectified as it depends on the vendor to come and rectify it and we are not qualified to do it our self.

I have also checked the sheets myself as I do remember your stay with us and it was not a blood stain and was a normal stain and our linen go through proper washing to make it hygienic for our guest. But yes my housekeeper should not have used this linen if there is small spot and I have briefed the concerned employee.

Our hotel is busy year round with lot of families using the pool and slide so I can also understand that one point of time it does get a bit messy but I will see that we clean it more often.

I am also unhappy that we were not able to make your stay better and if there is anything you want me to do to make you come back and make your stay special; I would be more than happy to hear from you at sandeep@bestwesternsouth.ca

Thank you again for this review and I appreciate that you took some valuable time out and let us know where we can improve.

Bonnyville, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Hotel was very clean, beds were very comfortable, friendly staff at check in / check out. Breakfast was very convenient. Only concern was trying to find the hotel. Was surprised to see it located near a car dealership, so getting to the hotel, direction wise was not good.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Cheryl B,

Thank you for your review and I am happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I am happy that we were able to meet your expectations and assure you that we will keep delivering our best.

Since this area is fairly new so direction wise you have faced some issues.

Look forward to see you with us again.

Cold Lake, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed many times in this hotel and as usually the service from ALL the staff was outstanding. We stayed in many Best Western in Canada and the USA but the BEST WESTERN PLUS South Edmonton Inn & Suites should be an example for many Best Western out there. The kids love the pool with the waterslide and the breakfast is excellent. The staff was every time sooooo helpful when we had a question. This was the first time for my Parents to stay at a Best Western and they could not believe how clean and well maintained the hotel is as well how helpful and friendly the staff was. I recommend this hotel to many of my friends and they told me that they will be going back whenever they in Edmonton. It is nice central between the airport and the West Edmonton Mall many restaurants are close by. If you looking for an outstanding Hotel with a good price to service ration stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS South Edmonton Inn & Suites.
Thanks again to the staff for making our stay so enjoy full. Your loyal customer Ulrich

Room Tip: The best Best Wester in Edmonton for sure
2 Thank Ulrich W
Sandeep G, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Ulrich W,

First of all thank you for this lovely review and always patronizing our hotel.

It is always our pleasure to have you with us and we feel proud that our guest have so high regards for the product and service mix our hotel provides.

I am thrilled to know that your parents loved there stay with us and I look forward to welcome them again with us soon.

See you soon.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The Best Western plus south Edmonton is a great hotel !

I am a sales representative for Alberta an B.C I have been to many hotels and this one for quality price is very hard to beat !

The staff is amazing, clean rooms, pool including water-slide, located right next to Chop steakhouse and other great restaurants.

Great place !

Room Tip: ask the staff they will help you
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear bellsback,

Thank you for your review and staying with us.

It is great to know that you have rated us the best in Edmonton and enjoy staying with us.

I am sure that in future too we will keep on doing our best always and keep on delivering great service to all our guest.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Among the many hotels in Edmonton we reviewed, we chose this hotel because it was ranked high in Tripadviser; it offered free parking, free breakfast and free in-room wifi; and the room seemed to provide more space for our family of four. Added to the above, the price was reasonable. It turned out we were not disappointed. We will recommend this hotel to friends when enquired.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear 953francish,

Thank you for your review and choosing our hotel for your stay in Edmonton.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our hotel product and service mix and I assure you that we will keep doing our best to ensure that our guest have a wonderful stay with us.

Thank you again and look forward to see you with us again.