“Sooo comfortable”

Ramada Edmonton West
Ranked #58 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is our second time staying at this hotel and both times were GREAT. The staff is extremely courteous and helpful. The rooms were very clean. Beds were some of the most comfortable hotel beds I've slept in. The complimentart breakfast is very fresh and tasty. The lady working at the breakfast was always busy filling stuff up and keeping it clean. We didn't use the pool this time as it was being renovated but that was stated on the website when I booked so I was not suprised. We did go to the pool last time we stayed and it was good. You get what you pay for at this hotel. KUDOS

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 April 2014

the stay was great as usual, not an issue, nice and quiet even with kids and spring break. Service was great as usual, breakfast excellent and ladies at breakfast friendly as usual. No problems with anything and best location

Room Tip: 4th floor is quietest!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Having previously stayed at this location on business ( approx. 30 times in the past year, front desk staff know me by name ) I had the exact same issue each of the past 5 or 6 stays.

Even though I had requested a late check-out, ( Priority Platinum Member ) I had housekeeping banging on my door prior to my assigned 2pm check-out.
Even though I was told that " it won't happen again ", it did indeed continue each and every time up until my last stay at the end of Feb 2014.

The last time, I asked to speak with the Housekeeping Manager - I was told they would call me back in my room - 2 1/2 hours passed, never happened.
Upon checking out, I was told the reason I did not receive a call back was that the General Manager would be " contacting me directly" - why couldn't I have been advised of this over 2 hours prior ?
Even though this happened over a month ago, NO attempt to contact me has been made from their GM whatsoever.
( I even confirmed they had my proper cell / contact info )

The total lack of respect in failing to contact a repeat visitor and the unprofessionalism at the Management / Ownership level is appalling.

Plain and simple - I have changed Hotels - they do not deserve any more of my business.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mpwrider
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear mpwrider,

Thank you again for your comments, and continued loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club Platinum member.

Connie D

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Everything I have says Holiday Inn Express for this hotel but clearly this suite location is transitioning. For those business people who are travelling with a young family (come on we all do it) this would be a great spot. Ask for the Kids Suite. Pocket doors separate a room with bunk beds, with its own entrance to the bathroom. As always a great breakfast concept, they have a pool (undergoing repairs), kitchenette with fridge plus microwave and the hotel is close to West Edmonton Mall. Win Win fall all involved.

Room Tip: When you ask for the Kids suite be advised it is tired from all its little visitors
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rick S
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We didn't even have a chance to stay at this hotel and probably won't book again in the future. Although it was my fault for not reading the fine print, I can't remember when the last time was that I saw a hotel that would charge a full night stay for cancelling...and we cancelled 2 weeks in advance. I could understand if it were the same day cancelling, but 2 weeks? Life happens and plans change. Not at all impressed.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Bettina L,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on and we are sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. We would love to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message regarding your stay.

Janice A

Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

Rooms are average. Only one restaurant within walking distance. Pool was closed for renovation but no mention of this when making the reservation and no discount. Free breakfast was good. Quiet rooms. Comfy beds. Despite the name it is NOT at the mall.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Freightcarr
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Freightcarr,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so glad you liked the breakfast selections we offer. Please allow us to apologize for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed as a family with 3 children under 7. We booked the 2 queen bed suite and were very impressed! Great layout, rooms well insulated. Could hear some noise through the hallway door but not a big deal. The hotel was clean, and staff very friendly. The pool at the hotel was closed for renos, but arrangements were made for guests to use the pools at the hotel across the street, however when I went across, the pool was quite crowded.
Breakfast left a little to be desired. The precooked, boxed eggs were horrible!! On a positive note, there were quite a few other options so we didn't starve.

Beds were very comfortable.

Would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again!!
Only a couple blocks from West Edmonton Mall (5 min away), close to lots of other shopping, restaurants, etc.

Room Tip: Suites are great for families with small children
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family