“Needs updating!!”

Ramada Edmonton West
Ranked #58 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Last hotel on our trip and we do like HIE..usually consistent quality.
They lobby was certainly the right place but when we went into our king suite I burst out laughing..
The bathroom was totally mirrored with a huge jetted tub and NO shower....really! Had to double check to see if the bedroom was HIE....not sure where that bathroom came from...totally tacky!!!! And useless, I'm pushing 60 and getting in and out of that thing could break a hip!
So we went back to the desk got another room...the spa suite. Oh..the jetted tub and mirrors were in the corner of the bedroom this time. But it did have a shower. Actually a steam shower. Couldn't get the water hot so I called the desk and the maintenance guy came and explained that the hot water setting was not at the top of the dial (where you'd expect) but half way...never would have know that...
Bed was not comfortable and the linens thin and worn....not what I would have expected...
There was a micro wave and bar fridge in the room. They had the usual morning breakfast.
This hotel is in such a great location, close to lots of shopping and restaurant and the West Edmonton Mall...
The bones are HIE just need to get the rooms updated...or maybe it was just us...

Room Tip: They do have different suites or regular rooms...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kitten50
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear kitten50,

Thank you for sharing your experience online. While we are very pleased that you liked our location, it is unfortunate that the bed and bathroom were not to your liking. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have encountered. Please be assured that we take all reviews very seriously as this helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we can improve on.

We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Edmonton.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed here one night, and really enjoyed it. The entire property was clean and modern. Our room was spotless and spacious. The breakfast was surprisingly good, and there were two different types of omelets. Yum!

When we checked in, the receptionist asked us if we were aware that the pool and hot tub were being renovated. We weren't, but they said we could use the Super 8 across the parking lot. The front desk staff could use some work. They weren't very friendly, and were a bit awkward.

Very close to the West Edmonton Mall. We found this hotel to be conveniently located. I would not hesitate to stay again next time we are in Edmonton.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is our second time staying at this hotel and both times were GREAT. The staff is extremely courteous and helpful. The rooms were very clean. Beds were some of the most comfortable hotel beds I've slept in. The complimentart breakfast is very fresh and tasty. The lady working at the breakfast was always busy filling stuff up and keeping it clean. We didn't use the pool this time as it was being renovated but that was stated on the website when I booked so I was not suprised. We did go to the pool last time we stayed and it was good. You get what you pay for at this hotel. KUDOS

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2014

the stay was great as usual, not an issue, nice and quiet even with kids and spring break. Service was great as usual, breakfast excellent and ladies at breakfast friendly as usual. No problems with anything and best location

Room Tip: 4th floor is quietest!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Having previously stayed at this location on business ( approx. 30 times in the past year, front desk staff know me by name ) I had the exact same issue each of the past 5 or 6 stays.

Even though I had requested a late check-out, ( Priority Platinum Member ) I had housekeeping banging on my door prior to my assigned 2pm check-out.
Even though I was told that " it won't happen again ", it did indeed continue each and every time up until my last stay at the end of Feb 2014.

The last time, I asked to speak with the Housekeeping Manager - I was told they would call me back in my room - 2 1/2 hours passed, never happened.
Upon checking out, I was told the reason I did not receive a call back was that the General Manager would be " contacting me directly" - why couldn't I have been advised of this over 2 hours prior ?
Even though this happened over a month ago, NO attempt to contact me has been made from their GM whatsoever.
( I even confirmed they had my proper cell / contact info )

The total lack of respect in failing to contact a repeat visitor and the unprofessionalism at the Management / Ownership level is appalling.

Plain and simple - I have changed Hotels - they do not deserve any more of my business.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mpwrider
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear mpwrider,

Thank you again for your comments, and continued loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club Platinum member.

Connie D

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Everything I have says Holiday Inn Express for this hotel but clearly this suite location is transitioning. For those business people who are travelling with a young family (come on we all do it) this would be a great spot. Ask for the Kids Suite. Pocket doors separate a room with bunk beds, with its own entrance to the bathroom. As always a great breakfast concept, they have a pool (undergoing repairs), kitchenette with fridge plus microwave and the hotel is close to West Edmonton Mall. Win Win fall all involved.

Room Tip: When you ask for the Kids suite be advised it is tired from all its little visitors
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rick S
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We didn't even have a chance to stay at this hotel and probably won't book again in the future. Although it was my fault for not reading the fine print, I can't remember when the last time was that I saw a hotel that would charge a full night stay for cancelling...and we cancelled 2 weeks in advance. I could understand if it were the same day cancelling, but 2 weeks? Life happens and plans change. Not at all impressed.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Bettina L,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on and we are sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. We would love to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message regarding your stay.

Janice A