“Average Hotel”

Ranked #52 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Edmonton, Canada
“Average Hotel”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed here one night with my wife and it was just ok. The check in went great and I liked that they phoned to see if everything was as expected. The bathroom was really small and the ceiling had mildew on it. The room was clean and teh extra large pillows were a nice feature. You could here teh person next door cell phone going off all night. The breakfast in the morning was interesting as the muffins were cold and dry. To me felt like they had been frozen the night before. The selection was not the best but it is free so what can you expect. They only have one elevator and it is super slow so we took the stairs. I was not blown away from staying here but would stay here again if I needed a room for the night.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mark E
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Edmonton West, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Mark E,

Thanks for staying with us and for your review. I am happy to hear you had a smooth check in. However, I am sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced caused by the hotel amenities and poor cleanliness of the bathroom. We shall definitely look into the matter and see that all amenities and service are in order. Please do visit us again and give an opportunity to serve you.

Zelyn N
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Hazelton, bc
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel in March 2014 for spring break. The family suite has a great layout with a separate kid area with bunk beds, tv and table set. Great for separate quarters. Cleanliness was not as good as it could have been, but would stay here again. Although the name says "at the mall", it is not and a drive is required which would be explained in the affordable price! Breakfast was also included which was nice, check the hours as it seems to be over early!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Camping-is-us
New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Last hotel on our trip and we do like HIE..usually consistent quality.
They lobby was certainly the right place but when we went into our king suite I burst out laughing..
The bathroom was totally mirrored with a huge jetted tub and NO shower....really! Had to double check to see if the bedroom was HIE....not sure where that bathroom came from...totally tacky!!!! And useless, I'm pushing 60 and getting in and out of that thing could break a hip!
So we went back to the desk got another room...the spa suite. Oh..the jetted tub and mirrors were in the corner of the bedroom this time. But it did have a shower. Actually a steam shower. Couldn't get the water hot so I called the desk and the maintenance guy came and explained that the hot water setting was not at the top of the dial (where you'd expect) but half way...never would have know that...
Bed was not comfortable and the linens thin and worn....not what I would have expected...
There was a micro wave and bar fridge in the room. They had the usual morning breakfast.
This hotel is in such a great location, close to lots of shopping and restaurant and the West Edmonton Mall...
The bones are HIE just need to get the rooms updated...or maybe it was just us...

Room Tip: They do have different suites or regular rooms...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kitten50
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Edmonton West, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear kitten50,

Thank you for sharing your experience online. While we are very pleased that you liked our location, it is unfortunate that the bed and bathroom were not to your liking. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have encountered. Please be assured that we take all reviews very seriously as this helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we can improve on.

We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Edmonton.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed here one night, and really enjoyed it. The entire property was clean and modern. Our room was spotless and spacious. The breakfast was surprisingly good, and there were two different types of omelets. Yum!

When we checked in, the receptionist asked us if we were aware that the pool and hot tub were being renovated. We weren't, but they said we could use the Super 8 across the parking lot. The front desk staff could use some work. They weren't very friendly, and were a bit awkward.

Very close to the West Edmonton Mall. We found this hotel to be conveniently located. I would not hesitate to stay again next time we are in Edmonton.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
White City
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is our second time staying at this hotel and both times were GREAT. The staff is extremely courteous and helpful. The rooms were very clean. Beds were some of the most comfortable hotel beds I've slept in. The complimentart breakfast is very fresh and tasty. The lady working at the breakfast was always busy filling stuff up and keeping it clean. We didn't use the pool this time as it was being renovated but that was stated on the website when I booked so I was not suprised. We did go to the pool last time we stayed and it was good. You get what you pay for at this hotel. KUDOS

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Moose Jaw, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2014

the stay was great as usual, not an issue, nice and quiet even with kids and spring break. Service was great as usual, breakfast excellent and ladies at breakfast friendly as usual. No problems with anything and best location

Room Tip: 4th floor is quietest!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Okotoks, Canada
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Having previously stayed at this location on business ( approx. 30 times in the past year, front desk staff know me by name ) I had the exact same issue each of the past 5 or 6 stays.

Even though I had requested a late check-out, ( Priority Platinum Member ) I had housekeeping banging on my door prior to my assigned 2pm check-out.
Even though I was told that " it won't happen again ", it did indeed continue each and every time up until my last stay at the end of Feb 2014.

The last time, I asked to speak with the Housekeeping Manager - I was told they would call me back in my room - 2 1/2 hours passed, never happened.
Upon checking out, I was told the reason I did not receive a call back was that the General Manager would be " contacting me directly" - why couldn't I have been advised of this over 2 hours prior ?
Even though this happened over a month ago, NO attempt to contact me has been made from their GM whatsoever.
( I even confirmed they had my proper cell / contact info )

The total lack of respect in failing to contact a repeat visitor and the unprofessionalism at the Management / Ownership level is appalling.

Plain and simple - I have changed Hotels - they do not deserve any more of my business.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mpwrider
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Edmonton West, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear mpwrider,

Thank you again for your comments, and continued loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club Platinum member.

Connie D
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Edmonton hotels