“If you want "OK", this will do” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Hotel and Convention Centre

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Radisson Hotel and Convention Centre
Ranked #14 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Vancouver, Canada
“If you want "OK", this will do”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

This hotel did not make a good first impression with me. It started with a $68 cab ride from the airport to an industrial neighborhood just a hop and skip from refinery row. Stuck amid warehouses and parking lots, there is nothing in the immediate area of the hotel to interest a visitor – no restaurants, no shops, and no place to take an enjoyable walk. I am sure it is convenient if you have business or family on the south-east edge of Edmonton, but unless you have your own transportation, you are a captive in this hotel.

The hotel seems to be in a state of unfinished construction/renovation, there is a large pile of material at the front entrance covered in a big orange tarp. I understand it has been like this for some time.

The room itself was reasonably clean, but there were some aspects that could use attention:
• I presume this is a no-smoking room, but I noticed a stale odor of cigarettes,
• Stained and buckled carpet,
• Paint chipped bathroom vanity and furnishings,
• The annoying “we don’t trust our guests” clothing hangers,
• Coarse, single-ply toilet paper (ouch),
• Dim bathroom lighting,
• Towels and bed linens were rough and scratchy, they must not use any fabric softener in this hotel’s laundry,
• The tub is an unusual shape; I usually shower so that wasn’t a big concern, but stepping into the tub was a bit awkward, it would have been helpful to have a grab bar.
• No in-room safe
• No gift shop or kiosk to purchase amenities and given that the locale is so isolated, no alternative close by to purchase those small forgotten items, or last minute needs.

On the positive side: The reception staff is very friendly and helpful. And, the nice bowl of apples and freshly baked cookies was a welcome treat. The bathroom actually has a double-sided swing-out mirror – YEA! The two-headed shower was good, plenty of hot water and good water pressure.

The restaurant is ok if you are really hungry, you will fill-up, but it's not really the quality that one expects in a “conference hotel”. Fortunately we had colleagues with vehicles and we managed to get out for a couple of meals. On the other hand, breakfast is a nice buffet included in the room with good selection and served piping hot!

My first night was not at all comfortable; the mattress didn’t have much support but that is a very personal preference so others might find it to be fine. The room seemed to be too hot and dry even though I tried to adjust the air system for the night to keep the room somewhat on the cool side.

Maybe my impressions would be different if I had stayed in another section, but everything about the hotel is a little threadbare. I realize this is a mid-grade hotel, a rebranded old Holiday Inn, and it met my basic needs, but I am astonished that this hotel rated so high when there are other much nicer choices in Edmonton. For me, it just doesn’t measure-up for the business customer. I wouldn’t rebook.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
22Manager, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking your time and leaving us a feedback on Tripadvisor. Please allow us to apologize for the service you received that fell below your expectations and any inconvenience the situation may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver high class service to our guests. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly should you wish to return as I would be more than happy to assist in making your next experience a positive one. My direct line is 780-462-5514

Ling Jin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Korean first
Glace Bay, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

stayed in this hotel for two nights while attending a seminar in the hotel. The staff was very pleasant to deal with. The room we had was equipped with two kingsize beds. There is an onsite lounge and restaurant. We enjoyed a meal and a relaxing evening in the lounge. I would stay there again

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
22Manager, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thanks so much for taking your time to share such positive feedback on Trip Advisor. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Regards

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

I would like to thank the manager for being so understanding, i had booked a room online for what i thought was friday night, but by mistake i booked for thursday. they did not charge me for the no show. This is a wonderful hotel, the staff is friendly, rooms clean and spacious. We will continue to stay here!!

Dear Guest,

We are most grateful to you for your 5 star award on tripadvisor following your recent stay.

Our greatest satisfaction is when our guests enjoy our standards and service so much and most importantly to know that we have won a loyal repeat guest.

We look forward to welcoming you back !

Best Reagrds

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a very old building that has been renovated. The materials chosen for the renovations look expensive but are very cheap. For example the desks in rooms are dark laminate that is beginning to wear through. There is wall paper throughout that you can see water stains through.

The pool area is very old and in need of a good clean. The pillows are new but are very uncomfortable. The breakfast buffet was probably the worst. I don't think any of that food (except for the fresh fruit) had seen open skies in months/years. If you absolutely cannot afford anything nicer stay here, it's a good deal. If you're being frugal go some
where else.

Everything was "ok" nothing was "good".

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. Please accept our apologies that we did not meet all your expectation for your stay.

We have taken note of your valuable feedback and will pass it on to the appropriate department for improvements. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Prince George, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

We left a hotel we werent happy with and checked into the Edmonton Hotel and Convention Centre for a lower price, full hot breakfast included, free parking and beautiful pool and hot tub and steam room. Much better value. Amazing staff too. Absolutely will stay there again!

2 Thank adCrossland
Dear Highly Valued Guest

We were really pleased to have received your lovely review.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experiences and recognizing the friendliness of our team, the excellent quality of our breakfast
We are grateful you have discovered our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

I came to this hotel with little expectations. Stuck in an industrial zone and out of convenience, it was suggested to me by business associates.

This place is run by such nice people!! I wish I would have jotted down a lady's name in the restaurant. I asked for a recommendation and she treated me like a son. She was concerned about getting the most value for my money on the meal. Oh and it was genuine... I can tell when training kicks in.

I stayed in a new wing where the rooms were large and comfortable (pillows a little too hard but I didn't have time to ask if there were choices).

After 3pm they have cookies in the lobby. They are so good they are worth leaving work early to catch them warm. They are really that good.

Oh and the internet... I could move to this place just for the internet. First, I wish other hotels would set up their internet as simply as this did theirs. One log in and you're good to go. No stupid multi detailed boxes to fill with time limits.

Once logged in get ready for pure bliss... 90mbps download speed. Incredible.

Even if the service were terrible, I'd stay here just for the internet, except the service is great.

Room Tip: Usually I prefer high floors but it was convenient to park right outside and get to room quickly...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
22Manager, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear guest,

Thanks so much for such detailed feedback from you, we do appreciate your time. We certainly will forward your kind feedback to entire team. At Edmonton Hotel and Convention Centre, we are trying our best to strive our service. We are looking forward to seeing you in the future.

Best Regards

Lethbridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Minutes away from everything you need!! Close to family so the grandkids can have a sleepover and swim in the pool. Family meets us for breakfast in the wonderful dining room. The staff is super friendly and accommodating. Beautiful Zen like rooms, spotless and quiet. My favourite is the Jacuzzi suite. King size bed is the best I have slept on.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi room. Rooms on the courtyard side are quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

We are very appreciative of your taking the time to share your positive experiences regarding our room, location and our friendly staffs. We hope to have the pleasure of being of service to you again in the very near future, and strive the best as always.