“Great Service”

Ranked #53 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Yellowknife
“Great Service”
Reviewed 26 May 2010

This is the best hotel in Edmonton for disabled guests. We stay at this hotel every time we are in the city for medical reasons. The staff is second to none and always available for any requests.

They go out of their way to help all guests.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed 14 April 2010

I live in Edmonton and so cannot say what a room at the Chateau Louis is like. However, I have planned large conferences for community members from across Alberta (for the last 4 years) and always book our events at the Chateau Louis. The hotel and conference staff are friendly, the conference centre is clean, conference centre staff are extremely helpful, and the food is always great (real, home made food). I recommend colleagues from across Canada stay at the Chateau Louis at every opportunity. also, the hotel offers great value for your money because a complimentary breakfast buffet is included in the cost of your room. The buffet includes hot and cold selections and is not simply a cold muffin and a boiled egg.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 March 2010

I have been a business traveler for over twenty years. I recently started traveling to Canada on a regualr basis and started staying at the Chateau Louis. Everyone there has gone above and beyond to make sure I have what need. I stay here for extended periods(2-3 weeks) at a time. They always make me feel right at home. I highly recommend fine hotel to business as well as regular travelers to the Edmonton, AB area.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2010

There are so many beautiful and friendly people at the Chateau Louis. Last week, I met a lady who was visiting from Australia and she completely agreed with me. Guests at the Chateau Louis are always so kind and friendly. I was sitting, enjoying my breakfast in the Royal Coach Dining Room and because it was so busy, I offered to let her sit with me. We had a very interesting visit. She told me that her son surprised her with a trip to Canada. Her son and his friends and family often come to the Chateau Louis and when they decided with short notice to invite their mother from Australia, they chose to have her stay at the Chateau Louis because they are always happy with the service here. I have always heard so many compliments about the Chateau Louis and I love it here. Along with the Australian woman who I had the pleasure to sit with, I am impressed with the Chateau Louis and the hospitality that they provide. The staff and the guests are always so warm and friendly. The staff at the Chateau Louis are like a family and I feel like I am a part of it when I come to visit. They are all responsible, kind, and helpful in every way possible. I do not often go to lounges but I can sit in Julian’s Piano Bar and be comfortable because of the warm and welcoming atmosphere. If people choose to complain, I do not know what about. I appreciate the service that the Chateau Louis provides.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
Wetaskiwin, Canada
Reviewed 22 February 2010

Chateau Louis, we arrived late, turns out they were the host hotel for the Labatt's Blues Festival.

We were checked in effortlessly, and given a lovely room on the main floor. Even tho there was a Blues Jam in the Foyer, (which I was extatic with) Our room was quiet and relaxing. Rustic renovated French Provincial. I really enjoyed the ambiance.

We dropped off our belongings..and then went down to the party. I met some wonderful Blues Musicians and was given a feast in the bar. (Really good service) even tho there had to be 100 people in there, all kareoking etc. (What a hoot) - PS. Im not really a drinker, but there we nothing amiss. The security took care to ensuring a great time was had by all.

Next morning, up at the crack of noon, where we had breakfast/lunch in the Dining Room. Very quaint, (French Provincial paintings, and light chandeliers). Wonderful Service, unobtrusive, and really good. Food was very tasty. Chef knew how to cook and present the food.

Off to the Blues Festival @ Hawrelek Park. ....Super time - Then the party at the Hotel again Sat. Night. Yes!!!

Up early Sunday, and out the door. We couldn't stay for the Sunday Blues portion.

After all was said and done. I found out I could get a package deal to go down, stay in the Hotel and be provided shuttle to the Festival. (The Best Deal in Town) with the best hotel Host.s & Hostesses.

If you want a classy hotel with reasonable rates, wonderful service a feel for French Provincial - then come experience a Superb Stay at the refurbished Chateau Louis Hotel and Conference Centre. And if you love the Blues, there is no better place on earth to spend some quality time.

Patricia Beaulac - Sexsmith, Alberta

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2010

We booked a valentine's night stay and also booked a dinner reservation at the restaurant. We arrived at the restaurant thinking we had a table for two, and were seated at a table for six with an empty restaurant. We decided to get room service instead and found the food dry, bland and basically terrible! We ordered pizza 73 instead! Then we decided to have a bath and found the towels/linens/robes to be crispy and not soft!! As well we were charged for two movies instead of one, when the first movie didn't work. We checked out the next day and complained to the "manager" who basically argued with us and told US we were wrong! Never again will I stay as we not treated like guests and more like an inconvenience. Curious if the owners of this hotel have any idea what the staff are doing?????

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tiggur4u

Travellers are raving about these Edmonton hotels

Vancouver
Reviewed 9 February 2010

I defiantly recommend Chatau Louis as the hotel to stay whilst in Edmonton, a comfortable pleasant and friendly atmosphere with great food and high class rooms at good competitive rates, the free breakfast buffet is second to none.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business