“BED BUGS”

Continental Inn & Suites
Continental Inn & Suites
Ranked #71 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I advise you not to stay here. Stayed there 2 nights and had to leave! Caught bed bugs from room 418! Told the staff. They acted normal. Terrible service. Food is tasteless. I didn't like the staff.I heard there was people asking for change In the lounge NEVER STAY HERE. Please don't.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Sethman27
theblackcoat, Manager at Continental Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience with our hotel & staff. We do thank you for bringing the bug situation to our attention, we called Zena's exterminator which has a dog to sniff out the unwanted creatures but we were unable to find any bugs in room #418 If bugs are found we do shut down the room and remove all beds and furniture from the room, then we have the room sprayed then have the dog brought back in to make sure the problem is resolved. Then we replace everything with brand new furniture.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

The room is clean but the towels aren't. The beds are comfortable Enough for me. There's no way we can boil water in the room. Pretty good location that near 7-11 ,save on food, mall &etc. front desk staffs are nice. My conclusion is, cheaper price, cheaper service. That's all

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Dannyy265
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I travelled here in November 2012. The hotel is basic and clean. I shared a room and found the rooms a good size. There is good WI-Fi access throughout the hotel.
There is good local amenities close by and its only a short drive to the West Edmonton mall.
The food in the restaurant was average with good service. Overall for the price I was satisfied.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I didn't have a look at the buffet or inquire about the price... It seemed like a decent lobby so I thought it would be fair. Whoops! The waitress was very friendly but apologetic / desperate sounding... ! Walking toward the the buffet it appeared big enough... OK... getting closer... hmm only breakfast stuff... OK strange for 1:00 in the afternoon... but I suppose I could eat breakfast... probably the price reflects that... so that's OK...

Besides soup, perogies, and salad there was only very mediocre breakfast pickings , sausages and bacon that was not well cooked... i had to pick through it to find something I could take a chance on. For 8 bucks I would have just not gone back. But for $16.00 + tax I am genuinely pissed off! Got a stomachache to top it off!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank optimisticrealist1
Reviewed 22 October 2012

it,s first time in my life i see like this hotel , drunk people disturbed me in hallway , bad service , and surprise in the morning no hot water in the shower and big surprise from the reception service
even they don't sad sorry finally its terrible hotel with stupid staff

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
10  Thank kim m
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Right in between the new growth of mega-box malls and the seedier portion of Stony Plain Rd. A pleasant surprise, Location for accessing the rest of Edmonton is great - and the in-house amenities like VLT gaming, restaurant and lounge make it a busy-person's ideal scene. Affordable at around $100.- clean and well serviced. The only issue - elevators are 35 years old and one of them is sometimes "down" making for a wait or a walk-up.

Room Tip: Non-smoking rooms are on non-smoking floors - but if the elevator is slow perhaps ask for a lower-fl...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Bill R
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My boyfriend and I went to the Continental to see my grandfather play in an amateur band there one evening. It was not a pleasant experience. The whole hotel seems very dated and worn out, in desperate need of cleaning up and 'sprucing.' The dining room and lounge were gross - dingy, old, when walking in I thought we'd gone back in time a good few decades.

The staff seemed nice enough although hovered nervously with coffee a little incessantly. Definitely geared towards an older crowd I think, the whole place reminded me of a senior's home and we were the only two people under the age of 50 there apart from a scruffy crowd who came in for the buffet.

We had planned to eat and have a few drinks, but as soon as we sat down had no intention of doing so as the whole appearance and feel of the place was quite off-putting and not very clean. The buffet food looked horrendous and not really like food at all.

Will never go back unless they do a serious over haul on the place - it gave us the creeps and the food would probably take a toll on your digestive system. Much better places around.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family