“Convenience location”

Ranked #49 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Calgary, Canada
“Convenience location”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Located at central downtown area and adjacent to shopping centre. Huge room and very comfortable environment. Stay at weekend, the rate is cheap on weekend. Definitely is my choice if I need to stay at downtown Edmomton

• Stayed December 2011
ResDeltaEdmCentre, Director of Sales at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Thank you for the review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your guestroom and that it was large enough.

I was also happy to read that you were able to take advantage of our location and its proximity to shopping and other amenities.

Thank you for your business! It is truly appreciated.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 January 2012

The Delta Centre Suite was a good hotel in the sense that it was centrally located for what I needed it for. It is connected to 5 malls (although to me, it seemed like one big mall) as well as the pedway. Very convenient, especially for the winter months!

I was upgraded upon arrival and was excited to see my room. I had some luggage with me and took me at least 3-4 minutes from the elevator to get to my room. The hotel is bigger than I realized. The room itself was a bit of a let down. Particularly the bathroom. It was dated, dark and was not inviting. The tub was a jet tub and looked like it had seen better days. The water pressure was low and would often change while I was showering. It took some time to get hot water and I was worried that while I was showering, it would run out. Needless to say, I was quick with my showers during my stay.

The bed itself was the highlight of the room. It was extremely comfortable and I slept great because of it. The room itself was so warm. There was the old style thermostat and another knob for the air conditioner. I lowered the temperature to at least 15 plus I added the AC but it didn't seem like it was actually on.

The staff that I dealt with were friendly enough. The front desk occasionally had apples but sometimes there was just one apple. If that's the case, and you have no intention of replenishing the basket, just remove the lone apple. It looks odd.

The gym was good and had the equipment that I needed. 2 treadmills, some weights, an elliptical and one other machine. I didn't test out the sauna or whirlpool.

Overall, the experience was ok. Thinking that it was a Delta, I was expecting a little more. It's a good hotel, but really needs some renovations to make it a little brighter in the entrance and the bathrooms are in a serious need of some revamping. It was clean and in a great location, which are also very important. Just don't expect to be overwhelmed by all that the hotel offers.

Room Tip: If you are going to be upgraded to a "jet suite", you might want to see the room first. M...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank sdigian
ResDeltaEdmCentre, Director of Sales at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Please accept my sincere thanks for not only providing your feedback but for also providing such detail.

We are aware that there are areas of our product that do require some updates and feedback such as yours does assist us as we go through the process of prioritizing.

I have shared your comments with the team at the hotel and would like to thank you for your business.
Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Okay, so I sometimes stay 20 or more nights a year here, so they know me by now. Always a friendly greeeting, asking about my golf game, what have you. But truth is I have always been treated great at this all-suite hotel. We've had 600 square foot rooms, I've lived in smaller apartments. The beds are just the most comfortable I ever sleep in (this is true across their chain, I must find out where they get their beds so I can buy one.) There is an excellent restaurant on the third floor, especially great for weekend brunch.
Located in the City Cnetre Mall, you do not have to go outside to go shopping or attend the movie theatre right next door. This is a great feature during those cold Edmonton winters. The odd numbered rooms face into the atrium (you have a wall of glass overlooking this major interior space and the even numbered rooms face out ot the street scape with some nice views of the downtown skyline.
Mostly, I have enjoyed the peopel who work their, always very helpful and efficient, always looking out for me and doing all they can to help me with my issues. I am always thankful my friend Donald Scott told me about this fine reasonably priced hotel that has all the service and amenities that you need. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Odd nunmbered rooms face the interior atrium, evens face out ot the street and city view. Your choic...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Friartuck1
It is always a pleasure to read comments such as yours. Thank you!

I have shared your comments with our team and I am sure they will be very pleased to read that they have had such a positive impact on your experience with us.

On behalf of the entire team, please accept my most sincere thanks for taking the time to provide your review. It is truly appreciated.
Alberta
Reviewed 15 January 2012

This hotel in in the Edmonton City Centre Mall, which is linked by pedways to things like the Light Rail Transit, Citadel theater, Winspear Centre and the art gallery. The LRT will get you to sporting venues like Rexall place and Commonwealth stadium, and other shopping locations like Southgate mall. If you are going to a performance at the Winspear or Citadel in the winter, this location allows you to get there and back without going outside, which is a nice feature in the winter. It is also a nice location if you want to shop in the downtown in the winter.

The bed, sheets and pillow choice was good, and we slept well. The rooms are getting rather dated, with old TVs, and the carpeting and chairs are showing their age. The overall deco is rather dull, but since I slept well I rated the hotel higher than I might have otherwise. I did debate between very good and average for the overall rating, but felt it is still one of the better choices if you want to be connected to the pedway system in downtown Edmonton.

The downside of the hotel being in the mall is that many of the room only have a view of the inside of the mall, and you may have to run the AC even in the winter to keep the room cool enough to sleep at night. Our room was a comfortable temperature (with the AC running), but I did hear someone else raising the issue of their room being too hot at checkout. At least the AC is relatively quiet. The view of the mall is rather dull, and you will have not idea if it is day or night if you have a room over the mall. Any noise in the hallway will be heard in your room.

One of the two elevators was not working the morning we left

The front desk staff is friendly and informative, and the room was clean.

If you are staying in this hotel on the weekend, the parkade (Edmonton City Centre Parkade) beside the hotel entrance, has lower weekend rates than what you will pay for a parking pass from the hotel. (not true for the oxford tower parkade)

Skip the breakfast buffet from Coco's restaurant if you can find an alternate, it is not that good. There are lots of other coffee places (Starbucks etc.) in the malls, but they may not be open yet if you need an early start.

Room Tip: Make sure the AC is working in your room, even in the winter
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank travelabit
Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback regarding your stay with us and our property.

Without getting into too much detail, please be assured that I have shared your feedback regarding our AC and your less than standard experience within our restaurant. I will also ensure to follow up personally with the Leadership team responsible for those areas.

Thank you for your business and I do hope we will be able to welcome you to the hotel again soon.
Reviewed 30 December 2011

This was my first time staying at this hotel, usually I stay at the Delta South, however I decided to try this one since it it all suites, and my family was accompanying me on this trip. The suite was quite large - but dated. The bathroom looked like the sink and vanity had been updated, however the tub/shower was very disgusting looking. Rust spots, lots of grime etc. We were debating if we should even bath our daughter in the tub. We tried filling the tub but the drain plug was broken and wouldn't hold water. When we complained in the morning at check out - the front desk lady became very defensive, did not offer to apologize or anything. I was not looking for any compensation but just wanted to share my thoughts on the room. Another negative is that the hotel does not really have a good area to park in front to unloaded, nor is there anyone there to assist you. There were just some cabs parked in random places with the cabbies smoking everywhere. We decided to park in the car park and carry our bags in from there. Unfortunately the car park is not attached to the hotel, so you have to take an elevator and stairs (or a very narrow ramp which is difficult with a larger suite case).

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Bigbear781
ResDeltaEdmCentre, Director of Sales at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this review, 3 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. While I understand that the tubs are beginning to show their age I am confident that they are cleaned after each guest departs.

I have shared your comments with our front desk manager and was informed that they have been working with you personally to resolve the challenges you faced.

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apologies. I can assure you that you are in good hands with our management team.

Thank you for your business.

Travellers are raving about these Edmonton hotels

Vernon, Canada
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We were a family of 5 plus 2 dogs and found the Delta to be very convenient for our 2 night stay in Edmonton. The front desk staff were very helpful with directions, advise and making sure our stay was enjoyable. Well done! The room was large and had a sink/fridge area that was very handy for our situation. We used the LRT often and loved the fact that there were so many restaurants within the mall. Would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
ResDeltaEdmCentre, Director of Sales at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
It is always a pleasure to read about those times that our team members have a positive impact on our guests during their stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Steven Walton
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed 15 November 2011

When we arrived at the hotel we had booked the wrong date and the front end staff was very helpful to correct the mistake and get us our required rooms for our 2 nights stay,
Have to comment on how helpful and professional the check in staff are at all the Delta hotels I have stayed at across Canada.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Doug W
Thank you for your review. I was pleased to read that we were able to take care of you and that you felt our team members were as accomodating as you describe.

Your business is appreciated and please accept my sincere thanks for sharing your opinion.