US$152
Matrix Hotel(Edmonton)
US$122
US$103
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$117/night.

Days Inn Edmonton South(Edmonton)(Great Value!)
US$101
  • Pool
US$119
US$110
US$107
All reviewsdouble treemayfield dinner theatrewarm cookieswest edmontonfront deskbreakfast buffetking suitegreat hotelhockey tournamentupon checkseparate bedroomshort drivebusiness tripan upgradeindustrial areaexcellent stayeasy access
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We arrived to our hotel at midnight. We were warmly welcomed by the night concierge - smooth check-in process. Opened our room door - positive sight: clean room - and I mean clean. No single spot. Everything tip-top. Had a perfect sleep in a wonderful bed - no noises from other rooms or hallways. Perfect sleeping quality. Breakfast - absolutely fantastic: fresh fruits, wonderful yogurt, tasty bacon and sausages and again friendly staff with great sense of humour. This hotel has also awesome pool area - and same thing as in the room. Everything was clean and perfect. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Edmonton - you are a true treasure. I am HiltonHonors Gold Member and I have stayed in many Hilton brand hotels world wide: you are the best in Canada and close to top in the whole North America. Great job management to keep hotel running in the way it does and to keep staff motivated! Job well done. You put our expectations high - I am not sure the other hotels during our holiday can match you. We will miss you!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Gtrotter2008
SemionovM, Director of Rooms at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

It's wonderful to know how satisfied you were with everything at the DoubleTree by Hilton West Edmonton. Nothing is more important to us than providing our guests with exemplary hotel experiences, and it elates us that we hit the mark with you. We're so delighted that our team made you feel so welcomed and well accommodated

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Thought this appears to be a rather dated building from the outside, the interiour and rooms have been kept completely up to date. I can't say anything but good things about my experience at the hotel. I was upgraded from a standard room to a junior suite without asking and my experience overally was great and the staff treated me with the utmost of respect. THANK YOU!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We so appreciate you sharing with us your experience at the Doubletree by Hilton West Edmonton. Our guest service is always our main priority, so we're happy to hear our staff delivered the exceptional service throughout your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Everything was as it should be . Clean, organized and hospitable.

Food , banquet facilities all were good and prompt

Beds comfortable, amenities close and convenient and clean and modern as it should be.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. It was a great pleasure having you here as a guest and we very much hope you will be visiting us again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed in one of the suites at the Double Tree Hilton in Edmonton. It was very spacious, and immaculate. The staff were knowledgeable and accommodating. The warm cookie upon arrival was a nice touch.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for the great review! We are delighted that you loved the comfort and our delicious chocolate chip cookies! We will have a warm one waiting to welcome you back next time your travels bring you to the Edmonton area. Thanks again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Over decades, the Hilton Group has been my first choice in hotels in various parts of the world. Some have been outstanding and others more than satisfactory. Finally, I have had a horrific experience and made a reservation at one which, based upon my experience, is unworthy to be part of the Hilton organization.

Although I have stayed at hotel within the Hilton sub-groups (E.g. Hampton Inn), the recent reservation to which I refer was my first experience at a Doubletree Inn. It will also have been my last! What drew my attention to this establishment was the reference to a diner theatre on-site.

I made an online reservation for 7 nights and then called the hotel and spoke with a front desk manager. I explained that (1) I am elderly with a terminal illness and due to a severe allergy problem, I would need to have hypoallergenic bedding; (b) on the first night of my reservation, my ETA at YEG was after 1:00 a.m. so I would require a late arrival guarantee and (c) I enquired about the possibility of hosting a group of 8, 9 or 10 people on a particular evening at dinner theatre and was assured that confirming the exact number the day after my hotel check-in would not be a problem.

On the first of what was to have been seven nights at this establishment, I arrived at about 2:10 a.m. No staff were present, but I did see two people cleaning the lobby. After about 15 minutes, during which time no one else was to be seen, one of the two cleaners went behind a door and about 2 or 3 minutes later a male front desk person appeared, displaying a very irritated demeanor, I was at the far end from him of a long check-in counter, leaning on my walking cane and obviously having some breathing difficulty. Nonetheless, the employee instructed me to come to his end of the counter. When I waved to him and beckoned him to come to me, he refused and shouted what I am reasonably sure was: "You are the one who wants help." With difficulty, I made my way to him. He handed him my confirmation of reservation and he snapped that I was very late. I ought to have realized that it would be pointless to make any comment, but it was now after 2:30 in the morning and I made the mistake of telling him that I had called the hotel and advised that my flight would not arrive until after 1:00 a.m. Yes, it was a mistake to say anything to him as I received a verbal dressing down for the entire time it took to check in this Hilton Honors member with the confirmed late arrival guarantee. Whether he was deliberately very slow, or I was his first ever check-in, I do not know.

Upon arrival in the room, it was clear that my hypoallergenic request had been ignored.
With no desire to incur the wrath of the only employee in the hotel (to the best of my knowledge), my choice was to spend the remainder of the night in my car or sitting up on a chair in the room. As the hotel was warmer than the car on a cold Edmonton night, I chose to sit in the room.

At check-out, I asked to speak with the senior manager on duty. Within two minutes, I was approached by an arrogant, smug young man who opened the conversation with "I have heard all about you." He claimed to be a manager, but I really doubt that even this old, renamed hotel would employee such a rude person as a manager. My instant decision was to not engage him in any conversation other than to say that "In that case, you will not be surprised that I will not be here for the other six nights; nor do I expect to see a credit card charge for my unfortunate visit here." His response was to laugh in my face and make some comment which I did not fully hear.

My experience with Hilton dates back to Chicago Palmer House in 1968 and over the 50 years since then I have been privileged to be their guest in more than 30 countries on four continents. On no occasion did I ever request the application to my account of their famous guarantee of not paying if not satisfied. However, given my experience with this old inn and the two ignorant staff I had the misfortune to encounter, it was no surprise when upon receipt of my next credit card statement, I found the entire charge had been made.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear brianmQ71VN,
I would like to apologize for the poor experience you had while staying at our hotel. I can assure you that your comments and review have been addressed with all departments involved. At the same time I would like to point out that your room was ready for your arrival based on your communication with the Front Office manager.
Here at the DoubleTree by Hilton West Edmonton we do our best to make each stay a perfect experience. On occasion certain details are missed although we always do our best to make it up to our guests for our mistakes. Unfortunately we found your approach quite different.
Based on the video after waiting for a minute at the desk you started hitting it with the cane to get the needed attention. Neither our night auditor nor Manager in the morning was able to speak as you were screaming at them. We apologize for not meeting your expectations of a proper welcome as the auditor was printing a report at the back to close the day.
At the same time we cannot approve of such behavior towards our staff that took place on multiple occasions thus no refund followed. We can certainly discuss this situation further through a phone conversation. My direct line is 780 930 4001. I will be looking forward to hearing from you.