“Warning, stay away from here”

Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton
Ranked #49 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Hot tubs weren't working properly; A/C was not efficient; restaurant & bar service and food were great. Wifi is good. Only one elevator to access the rooms and takes along time to get to the level you're on. Front desk staff let me park in front of the main access doors to the hotel. Check-in takes a while.

Room Tip: Do not ever stay / reserve or waste your time here. This place needs an over haul interms of servic...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Darrell_Pearson, General Manager at Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Terry D
I would like to thank you for taking the time to submt a trip advisor review regarding your recent experience at the Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton. This type of feedback is essential if we are to maintain the standard of excellence that we have set for ourselves.

Your disappointment in some of the services you received was made clear in your comments to us, and I would like to offer my most sincere apologies.. I have spoken with my Management Team and I can assure you that I will work more closely with them to ensure that these situations are not repeated.

Again, I would like to thank you for sharing your concerns with me. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove that we can provide you with the quality of comfort and service that you deserve

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed here one night during our visit to Edmonton. We were going to the West Edmonton mall which is only a few km away. The room was quite nice with a very comfy king size bed. Nothing fancy but quite nice. All in all i would stay there again.
cheers!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Darrell_Pearson, General Manager at Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear Neil H

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your recent stay at the Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton.

It will give me great pleasure to share your positive feedback about your service from our staff. We take great pride in surrounding ourselves with caring, professional people and it is particularly satisfying when our guests let us know we are succeeding.

Thank you for your feedback and telling us where we are doing a good job. I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Yours in Hospitality

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Booked through Hotels.com for an executive King Suite and when we got to the room, it was a 2-Queen room which is also much smaller than the King Executive. Called the reception and had to go back down to have it switched. First said it wasn't ready but I had to insist as I wasn't going to be back until much later and didn't want to bring luggage back to the car. She suddenly found one that was ready after I got a bit upset...
Room was very nice and clean, comfortable bed and sofa-bed for the kids. Unfortunately, AC was broken and we were very uncomfortable in the morning. Turned it on when went to bed and tried throughout the night to see if we hadn't set it right but it really never turned on. Told reception in the morning but said I should have called at night! Yeah right, when the kids are asleep and it's about midnight, we'll have a repairman come to try and fix the AC...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LLFamily2013
Darrell_Pearson, General Manager at Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear LLFamily2013:
Thank you for taking the time to complete Trip Advisor Review of your recent stay at the Executive Royal Hote Edmonton.

Your disappointment in the service you received was made clear in your comments to us, and I would like to offer my most sincere apologies. There is no excuse for the lack of service and attention to detail you experienced. I have spoken with both my Guest Service and Maintenace Departments and I can assure you that I will be working more closely with them to ensure that this situation is not repeated.

Again, I would like to thank you for sharing your concerns with us. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove that we can provide you with the quality of comfort and service that you deserve.

Yours in Hospitality,
Darrell Pearson
Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton

Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

I did not expect a lot from this hotel before walking in but what a pleasant surprise. The staff were helpful with great efficiency. My room was clean, quiet, and spacious with all the updates such as flat screen TV and single brewing coffee maker. I slept very well all three nights after long day working at the trade show.
I will come back again 100%.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear OyOyOyVay
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review during your recent stay at the Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Excellent overall hotel experience! This hotel more than accommodated our families needs. The staff was friendly, hotel was clean, excellent value, with a restaurant and lounge. It's location is close to other restaurants as well as a quick commute to the West Edmonton Mall! We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We were travelling to Alberta on business and had to bring our bulldog puppy along. the hotel met our needs. The hotel staff was very friendly. The room was clean and had all the amenities you could need. The beds were far too soft for my taste but on the plus side the air conditioner was powerful. After being in 34 degree weather for the last month or so, I welcomed a chilly sleep! There was good access to the outside which we appreciated as puppies tend to need to potty frequently. If we find ourselves travelling with the dog again we would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2013

By looking at the outside of this hotel, you would not expect much. I walked into this hotel and was instantly surprised by the decor, staff and the rooms. I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for accommodation on the West side of Edmonton. About 10 blocks away from the Mall if this is important to you. I was impressed by the quality of rooms, beds and the staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple