“Much nicer than I expected” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Edmonton South

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Radisson Edmonton South
Ranked #18 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Okotoks, Canada
“Much nicer than I expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I booked the hotel for one night, as my sister, mother, and I were in Edmonton for a funeral, and we wanted a place to crash. I was quite surprised by how quiet the place was, as it is situated between Gateway and Calgary Trail, extremely busy couple of roads. We were, however, in an atrium view room, and while there was a little bit of noise during dinner from tables and chairs moving, once that ended, we didn't hear a thing.
The room itself was clean, well-kept, and larger than expected. The only complaint I might have of the room was that the pillows were all feather, which meant they were way too soft for my sister and I, and my mother couldn't use them because of allergies. The shams, on the other hand, were overstuffed and not well-suited as replacement pillows.Otherwise, the bathroom was nice and had a decent shower head, the fridge was useful, and we were able to use the desk and armchairs for visiting.
We were easily able to connect to the wifi, and it worked well for all of our uses. In addition, we were surprised to receive breakfast buffet vouchers when we checked in, as it wasn't something that was indicated as included in my reservation with hotels.com.
Speaking of, the buffet was not huge, but better than in many hotels, with a table of hot items (pancakes, eggs, chunky hash browns, bacon, and sausages), PLUS separate buffet tables for cereals, toast, and bagels; fruit and yogurt; and pastries. The only complaint there was that the server was not particularly friendly, but since all she needed to do was drop a carafe of coffee on the table, we weren't worried.
All in all, I was pleased with my stay, and I would stay there again. It's in a convenient location, is clean, and has a good amount of parking. I would have liked to try out the onsite pub, but was unable; maybe next time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Freja72
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and are very grateful that you shared your comments regarding our Hotel. I was very pleased to note that you found our rooms to be so comfortable and spacious, as well as so clean. It was nice to see that you enjoyed the fridge as well as complimentary wifi in your guest room. I was glad that you were surprised by and enjoyed your complimentary breakfast in our Atrium Restaurant. We are committed to providing an enjoyable experience to our guests, and it is rewarding to read your kind review.

I look forward to seeing you at the Radisson Hotel Edmonton, during your next visit and hope that you will be able to enjoy a visit to our Lionshead Pub

Many thanks

Robin Cumine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel as there was a conference going on. From the time I checked into the hotel, I knew this was not going to be a pleasant experience. Although they did check me in early as there was room available, they checked me in all the way at the end of the corridor! When you enter the room, the furnitures are dated. Although they have a ref, it has nothing in it. The meeting room and ballrooms are all in the basement ---- this means no windows or sunlight coming in at all! The room was not cool enough for me so I wanted to adjust the temperature but the thermostat in the room says do not set below 19 degrees. Guess what it is already set at --- 19 degrees! Aargh!

Room Tip: If you can find a younger hotel, please go for it!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Konea2178
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We apologize you did not feel you received the best value at our property. We assure you that this is not a typical experience at our hotel . We take your review very seriously and will share your comments with the appropriate departments to provide an opportunity to improve. I am puzzled as to why you are surprised that our refrigerators are not stocked, as we do not offer mini bar service. I was also disappointed to hear that you were unhappy that your room was at the end of the hall way. It does not appear that you requested a room closer to the elevator, or that you asked to be relocated. My team would have done their best to accommodate your request . As far as your comment that all our meeting space is below ground, you are incorrect. We have 9 of our conference rooms on ground level, plus our connections café; one central location offering a continental breakfast and all-day access to coffee, cappuccinos, lattes, juices, pop and hot and cold snacks. Our ball room, which is in fact located underground, features 15' ceiling height.

The Radisson Edmonton has a great location, wonderful amenities, and amazing staff. We hope that you will give us another chance to show you what a great property we are.

Kind Regards,

Jasper, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Well, the hotel itself is not bad, but then I wanted to treat myself and order room service! That did not prove to be so great. The food arrived, butter chicken - minus the raita that was described in the menu but apparently they don't really have that. In addition, a 17% tip was added instead of the posted 16% in the menu (which I think is overpriced considering the limited service that they provide) and in addition, a $3 room service charge just for accessing this service! Yes, a bit ridiculous and overpriced. Will not order again...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ginette1993
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I have shared your comments with our culinary team and was concerned regarding your experience with our room service, in particular the fact that we missed the raita with your butter chicken. That is not the standards that we are accustomed to delivering, and assure you that we have taken corrective training to ensure that this does not happen again.Please accept my sincere apologies for this.

Thank you again for submitting your review, I do hope to get a chance to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Regards,

Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights as this was a reasonable distance from where we needed to be.

Granted the rooms are quite large, but the furniture is very dated. The shower had good water pressure, but the sinks and toilet were in need of upgrades.

The first night, we were placed in a room facing inside the Atrium. These rooms are dark, with no natural sunlight. We also found it very hot, even with the temperatures turned down low, and it was quite stuffy.
It reminded me of an old motel.
The second night, we asked for a room with a window, and were given a room on the second floor. This room was much cooler and brighter.
Securityis also a pproblem here. Although there are locks on the main doors in the evening, there are no locks on the side door, so I found it easy to bypass them.
Overall, it wasn't a positive experience, and I doubt I'd stay there again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tsukikage
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time in providing your valuable feedback regarding your stay at the Radisson Hotel Edmonton. Although it is never pleasant to hear of any issues on the part of our guests, this feedback does allow us to discover shortcomings and make improvements. I am sorry that you found the lighting levels in our atrium facing guest rooms did not meet your personal requirements but was happy to see that we did find you a room that better met your needs.

I am not sure what you mean by security is a problem here as we offer 24 hour security on the property. Our guest rooms use the most secure and up-to date RFID locks, and our employees follow strict security protocols.

We at the Radisson Hotel Edmonton pride ourselves in guest satisfaction and we care about each and every guest. Thank you once again for taking the time to pass on your comments; I look hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future

Regards,

Saskatoon, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Needing a convenient location for a quick weekend shopping trip to IKEA, we found this Radisson property via Expedia. Having just stayed at a Radisson hotel in Regina, and being familiar with the flag in Saskatoon, I wasn't concerned. The Radisson brand, however, should be concerned.

Staff were neither friendly, or very helpful. I found the hallways dingy and needing a good cleaning, which concerned me as we walked with trepidation to our room. There, we were less disappointed - the king-size bed, and large, spacious room were welcome. A new flat screen TV was available.

I noted that the meeting rooms have just recently been renovated, and look terrific. Having a discussion with one of the front desk staff, I was advised that renovations are planned for the lobby, the atrium restaurant and the elevators. These will be important investments.

I'm afraid that with the many choices that are offered for hotel properties in Edmonton, we will be choosing another hotel to stay on our next trip out. I'm sorry Radisson Edmonton South. I much prefer to share good news, and am hopeful that this property will be put on your "to watch" list.

Room Tip: The Sunday brunch is very good, and of value. We were pleasantly surprised, and enjoyed a delightfu...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
We appreciate that you have taken the time to provide us with your feedback on your stay as your comments are valuable to us in order to continuously improve our service and standards. We are glad to hear your observations about our large, well appointed guest rooms as well as our beautifully renovated conference rooms. Your comments regarding the hallway carpets have been noted, and we have just completed a complete property wide post-winter carpet cleaning . Next up for the property is new furnishings for our Atrium Restaurant and a major upgrade to our wireless internet, making it one of the fastest in the city. I was very happy to see your comments regarding your positive experience with the Sunday Brunch

We would be delighted to be of any assistance in the future should your travel plans lead you back to the Edmonton area

With thanks

Winnipeg, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

The nicest part of my 4 night stay was the staff at the front desk, the bed and the towels. This place is a very old run down dirty hotel all over. The rugs stink and are filthy through out the entire hotel, my room had 2 lights burnt out and the washroom plug was dead I tried resetting nope she was just dead. No mirrors for the women to do her hair (that didn't go over well) I travel 200+ nights a year and begged her to come with me, that won't happen again. The glasses for drinks are real glass and they are Gross they were never washed always had finger prints all over them and the last night lipstick,,, beauty.... that I had to take pictures of. There is a restaurant but if they can't wash glasses for the hotel I wasn't going to try their food. The internet is hard wired and wireless the wireless clearly doesn't work and the hard wire worked in the AM never at night. Grand. It's expensive and for that same money there are many great hotels to stay at. Never again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay with us. On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel, specifically regarding the cleanliness glassware as well as internet difficulties. We do in fact wash all used glasses on a daily basis - a fact I personally confirm during my weekly room inspections. It is unfortunate that you did not contact a member of the hotel team with your concern, as we would have been very happy to make things right for you at the time. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team to ensure that there is not a repeat of this in the future. As far as your internet concerns you are correct. The major jump in wireless internet demands have over the past 5 years have caused us to suffer some bandwidth issues during peak periods lately. Starting next week, we are investing in a major system upgrade to keep up with the increased demands of our guests.

I was happy to hear, however, that your interactions with the hotel associates were of a positive nature.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that we can meet or exceed your expectations in the future.

Sincerely

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Good location and tons of options in South Edmonton. Nice warm welcoming by front office staff and the same for check out as well.
Room was OK, no view or anything the hotel reminds me of a low rise apartment building. Bed was comfy but for the price they charge, you can get better and should demand more. Clean room no complain there.
The Saturday night buffet at the restaurant was OK. Service was average there at least. Only eat there if you are lazy to go out - tons of options are there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Spencertraveller
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for your review of our property. We really appreciate the positive comments and the kind words regarding the cleanliness of your room and comfort of your bed. I am glad that you enjoyed the Saturday evening buffet, although it appears that we didn't wow you with it.

Our staff work very hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and satisfied with their stay.

We look forward to your next visit to the Edmonton area, and want you to know that we truly value your business!

Best Regards,