“Stay in Edmonton”

Radisson Edmonton South
Ranked #26 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed at the Raddison during July 2014, it's a nice hotel rooms are large and the so are the TV's. There is a pub in the Hotel which is is great when the weather get bad. All in all I enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Nothing pleases us more than to hear the words of a delighted guest!
We are happy to hear you had a great stay with us and thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed our large and clean guestrooms, the 42" HDTV in the room as were able to enjoy the Lionshead Pub during your recent visit with us

We look forward to having another opportunity to serve you again the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Exceptional Sunday brunch, for both service and food. Conveniently, early check in was allowed (noon). Spacious room, with hair dryer and toiletries, iron and board, microwave for coffee or tea (provided, along with bottled water). Quality draperies for total darkness. Really comfortable mattress, and plenty of pillows. All the bedding was fresh, including the top cover: outstanding! Only the chair upholstery was less than spotless. Spacious desk with a great desk chair. Excellent air conditioning. Room was situated at the furthest possible distance from the elevator: seniors with luggage, we'll know to ask for a closer one next time.

2  Thank Janet R

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write review on Tripadvisor by submitting your wonderful comments about your stay at our property.

It was so nice to hear the many, great and valuable comments that you shared. Your kind comments regarding the room cleanliness and amenities, our fabulous Sunday Brunch and early check in will be shared with the hotel team

We really do appreciate all of our guests that stay with us again and again and are thrilled that they choose to return! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Sincerely

Reviewed 26 July 2014

staff excellent rooms very clean and comfortable atrium rest food excellent stayed 6 or 7 times before and all ways been a very good experience also best burger's I ever had any where top notch. very handy for rental cars and a huge selection of restorants very close with in 5 min of hotel easy access to down town or south exits to Calgary west to west Edmonton mall and east to shirwood park I would highly recommend staying here oh stayed a few mths earlier for hospital stay and was very pleasant and accomidating offering to drop our hotel room rate no hotels offed that before

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Tim M

Thank you for the detailed and glowing review about our large and clean guest rooms and your experiences with the Atrium Restaurant, in particular our amazing Burger selection. We were so happy to hear how much you enjoyed them. It was also a great recommendation that you offered regarding our great location, regardless what part of the city that you are visiting.

We are so pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your return visits (6-7) to our hotel.

It means so much that a return guest, such as you, is impressed by and appreciates our efforts.
We look forward to being your hotel of choice on all of your return visits to Edmonton.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Westin two nights prior to our stay at the Raddison. In my review of the Westin I didn't have much good to say. Room rate was good but food service prices were ridiculous. With the Raddison a full hot excellent breakfst was included in the rate. We had a balcony and free parking. Bathroom had good lights and a wall mounted makeup mirror. Small fridge in the room is a great addition. Thanks it was great

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank A May M
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for the detailed and glowing review about our well appointed guest rooms and your experiences with our hot buffet breakfast in the Atrium Restaurant. We are so pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit to our hotel. I was also very happy to see that you enjoyed the extra touches such as the balcony, complimentary parking and fridge in your room

It means so much that new guest to us ,such as you, is impressed by and appreciates our efforts .

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed there for a conference just last weekend, checking in on Thursday and checking out on Sunday. Air conditioning was weak or not working at all. Told front desk and they told me to turn the thermostat down (of course!). Asked for an electric fan instead and they had none.

Also attended a conference in their ballroom, air conditioning was bad as well, felt like a sauna the whole time. Although the ballroom was full packed to capacity, the hotel should be able to handle air conditioning for the full capacity.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for choosing the Radisson for your recent stay in Edmonton. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.

To your point, there were some challenges with keeping the ballroom cool due to the size of your conference group, plus all the high intensity lighting that your group used -coupled with the fact that the outside temperature hit the low to mid 30's through the entire event. We typically do not have troubles keeping our ballroom cool, however we did for your specific event. I do apologize for any discomfort that this may have caused.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again this summer

General Manager.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I booked the hotel for one night, as my sister, mother, and I were in Edmonton for a funeral, and we wanted a place to crash. I was quite surprised by how quiet the place was, as it is situated between Gateway and Calgary Trail, extremely busy couple of roads. We were, however, in an atrium view room, and while there was a little bit of noise during dinner from tables and chairs moving, once that ended, we didn't hear a thing.
The room itself was clean, well-kept, and larger than expected. The only complaint I might have of the room was that the pillows were all feather, which meant they were way too soft for my sister and I, and my mother couldn't use them because of allergies. The shams, on the other hand, were overstuffed and not well-suited as replacement pillows.Otherwise, the bathroom was nice and had a decent shower head, the fridge was useful, and we were able to use the desk and armchairs for visiting.
We were easily able to connect to the wifi, and it worked well for all of our uses. In addition, we were surprised to receive breakfast buffet vouchers when we checked in, as it wasn't something that was indicated as included in my reservation with hotels.com.
Speaking of, the buffet was not huge, but better than in many hotels, with a table of hot items (pancakes, eggs, chunky hash browns, bacon, and sausages), PLUS separate buffet tables for cereals, toast, and bagels; fruit and yogurt; and pastries. The only complaint there was that the server was not particularly friendly, but since all she needed to do was drop a carafe of coffee on the table, we weren't worried.
All in all, I was pleased with my stay, and I would stay there again. It's in a convenient location, is clean, and has a good amount of parking. I would have liked to try out the onsite pub, but was unable; maybe next time.

2  Thank Freja72
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and are very grateful that you shared your comments regarding our Hotel. I was very pleased to note that you found our rooms to be so comfortable and spacious, as well as so clean. It was nice to see that you enjoyed the fridge as well as complimentary wifi in your guest room. I was glad that you were surprised by and enjoyed your complimentary breakfast in our Atrium Restaurant. We are committed to providing an enjoyable experience to our guests, and it is rewarding to read your kind review.

I look forward to seeing you at the Radisson Hotel Edmonton, during your next visit and hope that you will be able to enjoy a visit to our Lionshead Pub

Many thanks

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel as there was a conference going on. From the time I checked into the hotel, I knew this was not going to be a pleasant experience. Although they did check me in early as there was room available, they checked me in all the way at the end of the corridor! When you enter the room, the furnitures are dated. Although they have a ref, it has nothing in it. The meeting room and ballrooms are all in the basement ---- this means no windows or sunlight coming in at all! The room was not cool enough for me so I wanted to adjust the temperature but the thermostat in the room says do not set below 19 degrees. Guess what it is already set at --- 19 degrees! Aargh!

Room Tip: If you can find a younger hotel, please go for it!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Konea2178
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We apologize you did not feel you received the best value at our property. We assure you that this is not a typical experience at our hotel . We take your review very seriously and will share your comments with the appropriate departments to provide an opportunity to improve. I am puzzled as to why you are surprised that our refrigerators are not stocked, as we do not offer mini bar service. I was also disappointed to hear that you were unhappy that your room was at the end of the hall way. It does not appear that you requested a room closer to the elevator, or that you asked to be relocated. My team would have done their best to accommodate your request . As far as your comment that all our meeting space is below ground, you are incorrect. We have 9 of our conference rooms on ground level, plus our connections café; one central location offering a continental breakfast and all-day access to coffee, cappuccinos, lattes, juices, pop and hot and cold snacks. Our ball room, which is in fact located underground, features 15' ceiling height.

The Radisson Edmonton has a great location, wonderful amenities, and amazing staff. We hope that you will give us another chance to show you what a great property we are.

Kind Regards,