“Business traveller”

Radisson Edmonton South
Ranked #21 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Comfortable hotel, with convenient parking, dining facilities and clean hotel rooms. The staff are particularly friendly and efficient. I have stayed here many times, mostly for the location as it is close to my work, however the service and facilities have won me over.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
generalmanager4440, Front Office Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Hello MJ,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.
I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay and will be sure to share your comments with our entire team.

We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again whenever your travels bring you back to the Edmonton area.

Best Regards,
Radisson Hotel Edmonton South

There are newer reviews for Radisson Edmonton South

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Great experience staying here, starting with booking the room. I had enough Club Carlson points for a free night. When I called the hotel, the reservation rep (I think his name was Shay?) confirmed that smoking was permitted on the exterior balconies provided we "kept it clean" and told me I first had to book the room online with my points, then call the hotel back to book a specific room (i.e. with an exterior balcony). I did that and called right back. I also wanted a room facing the parking lot behind the Delta so I could keep an eye on the new truck I was buying. He said there were no rooms with exterior balconies available on that side, then comp'd me an upgrade to a King room so I could have an exterior balcony on that side of the hotel. Check-in was very easy and friendly, I had exactly the room I was promised. Room service was prompt and friendly, and check-out was quick and friendly. All the staff at the hotel made sure I was comfortable and that I enjoyed my stay and had a good experience. This hotel is in a great location at the corner of Whitemud and Gateway - easy to get in from Gateway when heading north and from Calgary Trail when heading south. Central and short distance to West Edmonton Mall, nearby shopping and downtown, as well as roads heading out of the city. The hotel has an elevator, parking garage and surface parking, various lounges/restaurants, pool, room service, free internet service, etc. Check-out is at noon - nice having that extra hour to sleep in. I had a sleep number bed - possibly available in all rooms.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank i20e14e
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for very much for sharing the positive experience with our readers and more importantly thank you for joining us again as a repeat guest. We are delighted to hear that you continue to choose our property as we work very hard to build loyalty with the guests of the Radisson Hotel Edmonton. I was happy to hear that you experience wonderful service from our reservation and front desk team; it is rewarding to hear such kind comments, and I will be sure to recognize them personally for that

I was also delighted to read all the wonderful cooments regarding your upgrade to the exterior balcony King room and your kind comments regarding the hotel facilities and the service experiences that you have enjoyed at check in, with room service as well as at checkout.

Thank you once again and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

the hotel was booked for us by a friend. We have not stayed in a Radisson before. It was clean, quiet with great bed = great sleep. Easy check in and check out. Internet was slow but that was a minor irritant for us. Great buffet breakfast

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank David E

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel.

We appreciate you sharing your positive experience with other potential guests coming to the area. We strive to provide a home away from home for our guests and are happy to hear that you feel so comfortable. It is rewarding to read about your pleasant surprise; as well as your very kind comments about our clean, quiet rooms, ease of check in and out and excellent buffet breakfast

We thank you for your business and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

With thanks,

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We had just travelled from Jasper to Edmonton and were looking forward to a good night's sleep. My family had spent a long time looking for a hotel room for our stay before booking a room with two queen beds at the Radisson. After a long journey, we arrived at the hotel around 12.30am. We were pleasantly surprised to hear we had been upgraded to a suite. However, once we entered the room there was only one double bed. As there were three of us booked in, there was clearly not enough room for us. We went back down to reception and told the guy on the desk that whilst having such a big room was lovely, we needed the two queen beds we had booked rather than a conference table! We were told that all the other rooms were full and that the sofa could be turned into a bed and that someone would come up with a blanket and some pillows for it.

We were extremely tired by this point and just wanted to get into bed. We had spent the previous night camping so were looking forward to an actual bed. Instead, we had to move furniture in the room and setup the sofabed ourself which was uncomfortable to sleep in. The room was clean and the buffet breakfast in the morning was quite good. However, this was overshadowed by our disappointment at not receiving the room we had booked. We were under the impression that the room we had spent a long time looking for and booking would be available no matter what time we checked in. The staff could have at least setup the sofabed prior to us arriving at the room as they knew there were three guests. We mentioned our disappointment both when we arrived and when checking out in the morning but received no compensation. We deliberately chose this hotel and paid more for the room as it was for two queen beds as opposed to a double bed and sofabed that many other hotels were offering for a cheaper price.

The overall stay was ok but make sure you check-in early to get the room you actually booked.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

We appreciate that you have taken the time to provide us with your feedback on your stay as your comments are valuable to us in order to continuously improve our service and standards.

I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your upgrade to an executive suite and have forwarded your comments to to our front desk manager to ensure that we are more cautious when providing an upgrade. What should have been viewed as a thoughtful gesture, did not work out in your circumstance and I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that this caused. I was pleased to note your kind comments about the room cleanliness and very good breakfast in our Atrium.

We would be delighted to be of any assistance in the future when your travel plans lead you back to Edmonton

With thanks

Reviewed 18 August 2014

nice big rooms. comfortable beds. everything you'd expect from a decent hotel except for the wifi. Extremely slow internet service throughout my stay. Ended up going to Starbucks to get work done. trip advisor is making me write up to 200 characters on my review so this part is just filler!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed our large rooms and comfortable beds. I was surprised about the WIFI however, as we completed a major upgrade to our service in June, and have increased our service immensely. I have forwarded your comments to to our IT manager to ensure that we check as to the source of the slow service.

I would be delighted to be of any assistance in the future when your travel plans lead you back to the Radisson

With thanks (And 200 characters)

Reviewed 18 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here after experiencing an awful stay at the Sutton hotel in Edmonton . our room rate was business class which included 2 free bar drinks and 2 breakfast buffets for the 20.00 more than our stay in a normal suite at the Sutton with no extras.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 696allanp
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Hotel Edmonton and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other potential guests.

We pride ourselves in making each and every guest feel welcome and that their business is very much appreciated. I appreciate the comment regarding the value received with our Business class rooms

Thank you for letting us know how well we are doing our job! We hope to see you back at the Radisson again soon!

With thanks

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Good front desk service , always remembers me and makes me feel welcome. Very clean, nice rooms and great beds I have been coming here for business for over 3 years monthly and recommend to all of my colleagues

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Janelle C

Thank you so much for submitting your kind review for our hotel.

We love hearing from our long-time regular guests and sincerely appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and your assistance in telling others about your experiences at our hotel. It is rewarding to hear that you enjoy our clean well appointed rooms, and comfortable beds. I will certainly share your comments with my team about the friendly welcome that you receive at our Front Desk.

We look forward to seeing you back at the Radisson Edmonton again soon and "welcoming you to your home away from home"!!!

With my thanks