“Clean, Modern Decor, Comfortable”

Campus Tower Suite Hotel
Ranked #3 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 September 2010

Very pleasantly surprised. Room was spotless, as was bathroom and kitchen. Nothing lacking in kitchen. Large room. Decor was modern. Front Desk staff helpful. One elevator was out of service so long wait or a walk up 8 flights of stairs! One day the door to the stairs wouldn't open and the hotel advised they didn't own the door so couldn't help! Beware if you have young children - our room had a screen on the window but the window opened very wide and it is a long way down to a concrete parking lot if you fall through the screen. Location was great; right on University of Alberta Campus but only 15 minute walk to downtown Edmonton.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Sally29

Reviewed 18 August 2010

My family stayed in two suites for four days in August - we loved the location -
the rooms are clean - well equipped. Beds are very comfortable - flatscreen t.v. in the sitting room made it the perfect spot to read and visit.
Cleaning staff and front desk staff were absolutely the friendliest - and helpful.
Parking was a breeze - and everything was close to this location - we were in town for a wedding and I can't think of a bad thing to say. For two bedrooms with a sitting area and kitchen - the price was perfect - not out of line at all.
Put your shoes on and walk down to White Avenue and enjoy the ambience - fantastic

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank bookedtogo
Reviewed 11 August 2010

Stayed one night. Was a comfortable room with an amazing view of downtown Edmonton. Slept well, got up and wandered the university. Very nice location!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2009

I have been to this hotel a number of times and have liked it very much, but recently their prices have jumped astronomically! They are now way too far out of our price range. We need to go to the U of A hospital frequently for our son and wish we could stay there as the location is perfect but we just cannot afford to.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2009

I stayed for three nights on a business trip. The front desk staff were very professional and helpful. My room was dated and the bedroom was too crowded with the two twin beds. The bathroom had a great deal of mold in the tub, but the shower head was powerful. It was handy having a full kitchen. At times, my suite seemed to fill up with second hand smoke from a lower suite. I was settled in to my suite so I didn't want to move, therefore I didn't complain, however I found it quite bothersome at times. I most likely will stay again but will ask for a suite further away from a smoking floor.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2008

I was very offended at how I was treated by the morning front desk staff. She lacks curtesy and professionalism which was surprising since she is in the customer service industry. I also noted she did not smile at all as she was helping others ahead of me. The room was dated and nothing to speak of. It was not wheelchair accessible at all. The night front desk staff was a lot friendlier and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
CampusManagement, Manager at Campus Tower Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2008

Dear Pr0fessi0naltraveler,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay at Campus Tower Suite Hotel. I am sorry that you did not experience the customer service levels that you expected. Customer service is our top priority and we take great pride in giving our guests the Home away from Home atmosphere. We will continue to focus our training on our service levels. Also, we are in the process of renovating our hotel. This year we have renovated 50% of the hotel and will continue to renovate the other half starting in the New Year.

Campus Tower Management.

Reviewed 14 September 2008

Nice hotel. My room was perfectly fine. Maybe its a little dated, but no more so than many other hotels I've stayed at for twice the price in other cities.

If you need to be close to the University, this is your best bet.

Spacious suites, at prices that compare very favourably with most other hotels in Edmonton.

One of the best breakfast places in the city is also within easy walking distance, i.e. The Highlevel Diner.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)