Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton South
Matrix Hotel(Edmonton)
US$145
US$136
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscomedy festivaltrade showindustrial areasmall poolroom servicesherwood parkcomfortable hotelwater pressurerestaurant staffbreakfast buffetlittle thingsfree parkingeasy accesshousekeeping staffnice stayargyllfridge
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I recently has the pleasure to attend my sister's wedding held here at Four Points Sheraton Edmonton South. From the time we were allowed in early to setup the decorations in the ballroom, till we leave at the end of the long exhausting night, the excellent service still continued. We had the pleasure of working along with the banquet manager, Phong who take care of so much details. He also went above and beyond his duty to accommodate our requests. There was nothing too small or too big that he can use his power to get it. There was so many little things he done for this wedding in the banquet that actually have a big impact. The way soft drinks was made available to the guests was absolutely premium! As my sister tried to keep her budget low, late lunch was not ordered but Phong made the leftover dessert and other items from the buffet available for us to "act" like a late lunch later in the evening. Working with the limited budget, he was able to lend us the projector and screen as well. No matter how big or small the gestures, it had a great impact on overall guest experience. The amazing mature staff led by Phong was friendly, accommodating, and take so much care in making sure plates were taken away, coffee/tea was served, and oh they are so efficient, even offering different types of tea rather than the default one in the pot.
The food was fantastic. We had the salmon which was cooked perfectly in that sauce. I like sushi so I am used to moist, fresh fish. This salmon was cooked while retaining moisture. Our guests even repeated helpings of this dish. The seafood selection of cold mussels and peel & eat Shrimp certainly makes the buffet feel premium. The desserts were delicious and not too overpowering especially after the buffet. The space was ample for our guests as they do not feel cramped and lots of space to move around in between tables/chairs. Clean, well maintained banquet hall. We were even able to observe the spacious honeymoon suite the hotel provided. Chocolate covered strawberries, bottle of chilled champagne, pair of bathrobes, jacuzzi, large flat panel TV, King size bed, fridge, microwave, coffee/tea making, and bright bathroom. Awesome soom. Some guests getting married in the future are telling me they want to forgo the traditional Asian wedding in the restaurant and go for this hotel instead.
PHONG! You and your staff made this wedding banquet unforgettable with all the service provided, I cannot thank you enough! I recommend this to my friends and family. Although some already have made their decision to come back in the future after this.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank welldunn662016
Adara50, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Reviewer;

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience!

I have passed your comments along to our Banquet Manager Phong along with Chef Ruiz and both of their teams. They are seasoned professionals and I am so happy to see their efforts be rewarded and the impact they have on you, our guests be so positive.

We look forward to hosting you, your friends and family for years to come! If you have any events coming up please do not hesitate to let us know!

See you soon;

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Renovations are completed, great place to stay' great location to city centre, Whyte Ave or Sherwood Park. Great business hotel and location
Staff was very helpful, great pub next door, no need to drive, food was good also

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Good_time_Ahead
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Older looking from the outside, the hotel is located in an industrial area and on the weekend we were there, it was full so it was difficultly to find parking. There is a Wendy's restaurant next door and within walking distance. Jeff was efficient an friendly upon checking us in. He provided directions and advised us of the hotel amenities. We stayed in room 600 which was clean and the bed comfortable. The room had a mini fridge with freezer, wet bar, microwave and coffee maker. There was also a large sofa in the room along with a queen bed. The layout was awkward but not really an issue, furniture a bit dated and the carpet had a few stains. The bathroom was very clean and bright but very small. This hotel reminded me of a budget property and I have stayed in many Four Points by Sheraton that were much nicer. We didn't enter the pub but we had the Sunday brunch buffet in the Garden Terrace which was overrated. The food was average and even though it was hot, it seemed to be sitting too long. I will stay at another Four Points but not this one.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank MacapaAB

Thank you so much for your feedback. In a continued effort to improve the quality of our product and the services we offer our guests I am happy to let you know that we have much in store for 2014! We have recently completed renovations to our Exterior, Lobby, Meeting Rooms and the bathrooms and entrance ways in all of our Guest Rooms. Our gym was fully renovated in 2011 along with the installation of flat screen TV's and new soft goods in all of our Guest Rooms. In store for 2014 you can expect to see many new changes - please join our facebook page for all of the updates!

I have passed your comments along to our team in an effort to ensure only the best in quality and service for our guests and do hope you consider us again while in Edmonton. Please let me know when you plan on joining us next so I can help ensure your stay is a true Four Points experience!

All the best;

Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I've stayed here for business twice and both times found the hotel to be more than satisfactory. First off, the staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. The rooms are fairly large, the beds are comfortable with nice duvets, and it's nice and quiet. Lots of free parking and free wifi. Will stay again next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Shawna I

Hi Shawna;

Thank you so much for your review! I am so pleased to hear the positive feedback. Our team truly cares about our guests and ensuring you feel as though we are your home away from home when you are our guest.

I have passed your comments along to the team and look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in Edmonton.

All the best;

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Bed linens were excellent & clean. Front desk service was really good. Bathroom bright & updated. Flat screen tv. Brought a can of lysol spray and definately needed it to disinfect. Wiped down light switches & countertops which were not pristine. Bathroom tub could use a good vim scrub! Otherwise narrow hallways & claustrophic elevator which we could barely fit the trolly cart in. My husband and I had to take 2 separate elevators. Main floor lobby was impresdive, with gigantic rock waterfall!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank HappyCaringMomma
1544, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Dear Reviewer;

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your most recent stay with us at The Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton South. I am happy to hear that our recent renovations and customer service were so well received. I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay with respect to your room.

Let me assure you that this is not typical at the Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton South. Our property are recipients of the Alberta Hotels and Lodging Association's Housekeeping Award for 10 years running. We do hope to have the opportunity to show you the level of service and commitment we have to our guests during your next stay with us.

We look forward to your next visit!

Warmest Regards,