“nice but lacking”

Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton South
Ranked #50 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed 18 February 2014

the hotel is old and tired. There is substantial wear in the rooms, with the decor and the state of the furnishings. The wall paper was peeling in the room, there were stains behind the nightstand. the carpet was lighting and worn. the furniture was worn and scratch and in dire need of replacement. housekeeping could be trained better in how to properly clean, as evidenced by the stain behind the nightstand and the bathroom with long hairs left behind. the first room I checked into had soap puddles in the tub. the second room they moved me to was in not much better shape. the hallways had worn out carpet and marks on walls. elevators were the same with lots of scratches on the walls.
staff were quit to fix the first dirty room. check in was a little slow and the girl at the front desk seemed really confused. it took about 15 minutes and then when it was sorted i was on my way. they did comp my breakfast as a apology which was a nice gesture.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank hunglow

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I stayed here overnight due to location near my office. Although the bones of the hotel are older, they have done a nice job updating the rooms to the new Four Points standards. The pub was good, bed was comfy, and front desk staff were engaging. If I needed to stay in the area, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 December 2013

As the title says I spent 2 weeks at this hotel staff were very friendly were always happy to help in anyway they could. The quality of food was amazing especially sunday brunch. If I am ever back in Edmonton this is where im staying.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Lee W
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I had multiple business trips to Edmonton and I stayed at this hotel for three 2 week stays.
It gave me a chance to sample the full room service menu as well as the Sunday Brunch on multiple occasions.
I was very happy with the quality of the chef and his cuisine.
EX - Boneless wings are not pre-packaged frozen nuggets, they are actual chicken wings de-boned and not over-sauced.
Also they serve fresh pressed apple juice for breakfast!
As a frequent business traveller I really enjoyed the fresh focused kitchen.

The Sunday brunch was very impressive value and quality. In addition they had a lady playing contemporary music on a full size harp. Great ambiance!

The suite rooms were very nicely furnished and provided a good distance between my bed and any noises that other guests may make during the night.

The front desk staff were very personable, professional, remembered my name very early on in my stay and greeted me with genuine sincerity.

I have stayed at many hotels travelling for business for over a decade and I wouldn't stay anywhere else when I'm in Edmonton.
Great value & great experience!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1544, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Hi Christopher;

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a detailed review of your stay with us. Our Chef and his team and constantly finding fresh new ideas to enhance our menus - I am so happy to see their efforts were reflected in your stay and I will be sure to share the feedback with them.

Our Associates really are special and take those extra efforts to ensure the best stay for our guests. We are looking forward to the upcoming year and hope to see you again the next time you are in Edmonton!

All the best;

Holly Watt
Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Greeted by friendly staff and provided an alternate room choice as large wedding had booked a number of rooms. Appreciated the accommodation made to the request. Room was nice but average. Clean but starting to look worn. Great value for the price.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

We had to bring our daughter to Edmonton for a heart procedure, which dates kept changing. The hotel was great and very good about cancellation, like the day of. The hotel is, um, not new. The foray is fabulous, impressive even. There is a pub & full service restaurant. Staff really make you feel welcomed. Clean, bright rooms, hallways, common areas. Beds and pillows, well, clean. OK, they are not comfortable. All my family tossed and turned, and I was sore by the second night, looking forward to home. Also, on second floor, got some machine noise at night, but not in daytime. Yawn, and this was bothersome.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Check in staff was wonderful! We were offered free tickets to the comedy festival even that was happening in the hotel which unfortunately we were unable to take advantage of. The food in the restaurant was exceptional! The lobby water wall is very pretty. The room was average but the beds were comfy and it was clean. We had to catch a flight very early and I appreciated that a buffet breakfast was available at 6:30 in the morning!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Hi CF;

Thank you so much for your feedback! I am so happy to hear that your stay with us was to your satisfaction. We have just finalized our renovations in the guest room tower which included new carpets in our public areas, we will continue to update our product to ensure the best stay for you... our guests.

Looking forward to seeing you the next time you are in Edmonton!

Holly Watt