“Urban Feel, Modern Décor, Refreshing.”

Courtyard Edmonton West
Ranked #2 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Saskatoon, Canada
“Urban Feel, Modern Décor, Refreshing.”
Reviewed 24 May 2012

This hotel is stellar. It’s brand new and is in great condition. The décor is tastefully appointed and had such a nice feel. The room was large and extremely clean with a separate sitting area with a sofa. It was equipped with all of the essentials and had a mini fridge, coffee maker, iron, etc. The restaurant was tasty and had a nice “chill out” area with a comfortable seating and TV for a solo traveler. There was lots of plug in service for the cold winter days. This was a nice retreat and a refreshing stay from the “typical” chain hotel a traveler would stay at.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
David K, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Good Day;

Thank you so much for such wonderful feedback! Marriott has done a wonderful job of creating a refreshing environment for business and leisure travellers and we are so proud of our hotel.

I hope we get to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,

David Keam
Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West
780-638-0127

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Oklahoma
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We love this hotel! All the staff members were friendly and had conversations with us. The rooms were modern and very clean. The location is conveniently located close to the Edmonton Mall. We highly recommend staying here! Breakfast isn't free, but they brew Starbucks and have a delicious menu.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Good Day;

We love you too! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that our Associates made a positive impression on you. The team will be thrilled with your comments and I will make sure that I share them with everyone.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope we get to serve you again soon.

Kind Regards,

David Keam
Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West
780-638-0127
Yellowknife, Canada
Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed here because of the great reviews. Hotel was conveniently located to West Edmonton Mall. Lobby and rooms were impressive. Room size was adequate and decor was modern. However, beds were uncomfortable.

• Stayed May 2012
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I stayed at the Courtyard Edmonton West while in Edmonton Visiting family. I have had excellent experiences with the Marriott name, and this hotel was no different. Being very new definitely gave this hotel an advantage, but it still exceeded my expectations. I was greeted promptly and checked in. The counter agent was courteous and showed me the many features of the hotel. My room was spacious, comfortable, and very quiet. The hot tub was a nice way to relax at the end of the day, and wasn't one of those cheap plastic shell ones. Internet and parking was free. And breakfast in the restaurant was quick, affordable, and good tasting. There were other perks such as a 24 hour fitness room, a lounge area, a free business center, market area, and meeting rooms. This place definitely has all the needs of both the business traveler and family. They also offer free sundry items - I forgot my toothpaste but was able to get a free one at the front desk. I had used my Marriott rewards to pay for the room, but would be more than willing to pay the price for a room here. I, like many of the other reviewers posting here, would recommend this hotel for both business travelers and families.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank PsychRN12
Perry_Felsinger, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. We truly appreciate your wonderful feedback and our associates were standing proud when I read your comments to them.

Our Courtyard refreshing team takes great pride in guest satisfaction and we care about each and every guest. The team was delighted to hear that our well appointed guest rooms along with the efforts of our excellent Front Desk/AQUA Restaurant staff provided you with service that you expected and deserve from a Courtyard.

The hotel is designed for the business traveler and our leisure guest in mind by providing many signature elements in the lobby, enhanced technology features, contemporary design and amenities that create a healthy balance between working and relaxing. We were extremely pleased that we were able to make your stay a relaxing experience with all of our hotel features.

We are delighted to hear that you intend on returning back to our fine hotel and our associates look forward to providing you with another excellent experience.

Thank you for being our loyal guest and a Marriott Rewards member.

Yours in hospitality

Martensville
Reviewed 15 April 2012

There is a reason that this hotel is rated #1 on Trip Advisor - the service and the quality of the stay are exceptional. There's a beautiful modern lobby/restaurant/business area, and we were quickly greeted by their friendly staff. At check-in I was impressed when the clerk stepped out from behind his desk to hand me the room key and gave me a brief tour of the facility to point out the amenities. The rooms itself was a good size; well thought out and tastefully funished. I can honestly say that over our 2 day visit, we never heard a single person in the hallways or in the rooms on either side of us - which is absolutely unheard of as the hotel was very busy (based on the amount of vehicles in the parking lot and the number of people in the lobby and restaurant). It was SO QUIET in this room, I still can't believe it - the sound proofing was amazing!
There's a new 'big box' type development right across the street, with a Walmart, Tim Hortons and many smaller fast-food type places. It's also only a few minutes drive from West Edmonton Mall. This will now be my hotel-of-choice when visiting Edmonton :)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TracyCMartensville
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent excellent experience with us at the Courtyard by Marriott, Edmonton West.

I’m delighted to hear that you received a “warm greeting” and that “my team made sure that everything was taken care of”. I am blessed to have a fantastic team that takes great pride in their work and their spirit to serve attitude.

We are delighted to hear that our hotel will be your first choice when visiting Edmonton and I thank you for being our loyal guest.

Yours in hospitality

Joussard, Alberta
Reviewed 9 April 2012

When my husband and I travel to Edmonton we always stay at either a Hampton, Hilton or Marriott. This was our first stay at this hotel and I will definitely book here again for our next visit. From the friendly service to the decor and level of extreme cleanliness, this was one of our best stays ever. We heard nothing from inside our room- no doors slamming or people talking, etc. so our sleep was amazing. NOTE: we had just returned from a trip to Vegas where we had stayed at the Four Seasons and the Courtyard Marriott was on par with it. It really has a 5 star feel. Great place.

Room Tip: We had a room on the highest floor and it was just perfect.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank joussardines
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I stayed at the Courtyard Edmonton West from March 18 to 24, 2012 and couldn't have been more pleased with the hotel. As someone who travels constantly for work this was definitely one of the better places, and quite possibly one of the best rooms. The room design had a lot of thought and detail put into it, with plenty of lighting, storage, comfortable seating for guests and no fee or password to use the speedy internet connection. Bathrooms were spacious, and the shower had great water pressure. Beds were extremely comfortable, with crisp white linens...I slept better here than I normally do at home. Staff were very courteous and friendly, and the desk staff always addressed me by name each time I passed through the lobby. The restaurant/lounge in the lobby is a very pleasant area to have a meal (great food!) or drinks (great service!). It's a small enough and new enough hotel that evidence of the little touches that make a stay pleasant were everywhere. The hotel is also in an area with plenty of good restaurants, as well a large block mall for amenities (Safeway, Best Buy etc). If I pass through West Edmonton again I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Sonia L
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent wonderful experience with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. I have shared your comments with our team members and recognized their efforts in providing you with an excellent experience.

We are delighted to hear that you intend on returning back to our fine hotel and & we look forward to welcoming you back in providing you with an excellent experience.

Yours in Hospitality