“Good Courtyard Property”

Courtyard Edmonton West
Ranked #3 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed 10 December 2013

For Courtyards, this was a nice property. Friendly staff upon check in, and an overall warm welcome.

Rooms were nice and clean, have a more modern look that some courtyards. Wifi in the rooms had a good signal.

Close to the West Edmonton Mall and about 20-25 minutes to downtown which isnt too bad. The price was right and parking is free. Lots to eat and shop with a 5 minute drive.

Would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Brian C
David K, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Good Day;

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. I am glad that you found our hotel and location enabled you to have a successful trip to Edmonton. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel the next time you visit.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is my go-to hotel when in Edmonton for business. Always clean and exactly what I need. The beds and pillows are incredibly comfortable and the bathrooms are spotless. The staff are always helpful with suggestions for local eateries. Location is good - close to highways, the mall and restaurants. I've booked regular rooms as well as suites to host meetings. The only downfall is the cost of the breakfast in the lobby. 3$ for a muffin?!
I will definitely return!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BearAndBird
David K, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Good Day;

Thank you for making us your "Go-To" hotel in Edmonton! We certainly appreciate your kind words regarding your stays with us.

As for the muffin... we'll definitely take a look at the price!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed here for five nights. In the last night of my stay, I had a flat tire. It's the first time that I had a flat tire and I literally didn't know how to change the tire. I was asking the front desk to help me find someone from the local auto shop to change the tire for me. but the lead guest service agent, Michael W, stood out and helped me change the tire. I really appreciate his help. In addition, the staff is friendly and helpful in many other ways. The food at the AQUA restaurant is also above average level. I enjoyed the stay very much!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Good Day;

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay as well as Aqua Bistro | Bar.

A funny note, the gentleman who changed your tire hadn't changed one before! He came and asked us to double check it when he was done. He didn't ask for help before, but after he completed it. He is a great, great asset to our hotel. Thank you for recognizing him.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

A wonderful stay at this new hotel on the west end of Edmonton. Close to the Anthony Hendy bypass and West Edmonton Mall. Downtown a 20 minute drive from hotel. Wonderful, friendly staff. Upgraded to suite room at no extra charge (nice surprise). Room very clean and at the Marriott standards that we expect.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Good Day;

Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West and for completing a survey regarding your stay. I am glad that our hotel and especially our Associates made your stay a succesful one.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Edmonton!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I have stayed here a few times in the last couple months and I hesitate sharing how amazing this place is, in fear that it will have a negative effect, i.e. More bookings - less supply of rooms - higher prices - me moving on. As a frequent traveller, I think about those things. However, it wouldn't be fair not to give this hotel the high praise it deserves.

The lobby is very clean and modern, yet comfortable. The open concept restaurant/lounge in the lobby has a really great atmosphere in the morning, for dinner or late night drinks with clients. The food is very good while being simple, straight forward and hot. Service is always excellent with everyone going the extra mile, like offering an ice cold bottle of water if they see you just sitting in the lounge/lobby or offering you a refill of your coffee in a travel cup while paying your bill at breakfast.

Internet access is easy and very fast, rooms are modern and offer multiple side tables/desk heights for working and relaxing. When you get in to your room there is always music playing softly on the Ipod dock alarm clock in every room. Tons of different lighting options all with outlets on the bases to plug in all your phones/computers/Ipods. The rooms are very well designed with significant investment made in furniture and beds. Room service is consistently fast and delicious with staff quoting and sticking to "We'll be up in about 15 minutes". The prices are very reasonable with almost all meals being between $12-$18. I had a $13 Quesadilla that was incredible and perhaps the best value I've seen in ages. I would also recommend their build your own pasta, which starts at like $14 and is also very good.

Fitness room and pool are very clean and perfect for my needs.

This is a hotel that I really enjoy for business travel and I could also bring my family to. I stay in far more hotels than I have a chance to review, and this is one of the best run properties I have ever stayed at.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TravellingCharlie

Good Day;

Thank you for taking the time to share such wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. We appreciate your visits and we hope they continue!

I'd also like to thank you for the detail in your review. Time is the most precious resource we have and I know it took extra of yours to give us this information.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

This was my first stay in this hotel and I was not disappointed .
The staff was so friendly,I checked in really fast,the room was spacious with small seating area and space to make a tea with conveniently placed light above. The beds are comfortable.
The hotel has a swimming pool & gym.
There is a bar across from the reception that serves Starbucks coffee and breakfast. It's one of the newest hotels on the west side and about 7 min drive to West Edmonton Mall.
Great value& great location,nice modern design.
The hotel could provide bottle of water in the room. A small bottle of Pellegrino was $3.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor,that way you won't hear anybody above you.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
David K, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Good Day;

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I hope your trip to Edmonton was a succesful one.

I look forward to being able to welcome you back as a guest to our hotel.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I had nothing but a positive experience with this hotel from the moment I checked in, until the moment I left. The staff was very friendly, the hotel lobby was nice and clean, and the room I stayed in was very clean and modern looking. The things I was impressed with the most were the comfortable bed with various pillow options and sizes, and the lack of hallway noise. I knew there was a room across the hall from me and a few doors down having a small party, and I was dreading trying to get to sleep. I was amazed at how little I could hear it! I will be coming here the next time I need a hotel in Edmonton.

Room Tip: Room 330 is on the west side of the hotel a good distance away from the elevator and staircase.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank JJLRocket

Good Day;

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West and for saying such nice things about your experience. I am glad that you found our rooms, beds and pillows to your liking.

Thank you for being our guest, we certainly hope to welcome you back again very soon.