“Great”

Courtyard Edmonton West
Ranked #2 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Very happy with the stay the rooms were very clean, grear ambience, fast check in. Managers reception on Wednesday was a nice touch also all the staff were courteous. It has a nice restaurant with excellent quality food.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Lalit_Chauhan_05
Renee S, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Lalit,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback with us. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Marriottt Edmonton West was enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our fabulous hotel the next time you are in Edmonton!

Have an inspirind day!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Edmonton West

Reviewed 16 June 2014

When I was making our reservation, I mentioned that we were celebrating our 39th anniversary. When we got to the hotel, we found that we had an upgrade to a King Suite!!!! An absolutely beautiful room. We spend a lot of time in hotels, and this one was exceptional. Sometime when we were gone to the concert, Champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries were delivered to our room.... what a wonderful surprise. One of the best things of this experience was that our 'senior's' rate stayed the same. Wonderful people at the front desk. Easy to find this hotel also

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny, The A/C was wonderful and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Debra1805

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Edmonton West was enjoyable and expectations were met.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Edmonton.

Have a fantastic day!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The location of this hotel is good - easy to get to (although if you miss the turns it's a bit difficult to get back in, so pay attention). It is very close to the ring road, which will take you anywhere, and gives easy access to West Edmonton Mall.
The hotel itself is your typical chain; and this one is comfortable, clean, tidy.
The bathroom floor sounded "creaky". My husband stays at this hotel frequently on business and said that is common in most of the rooms.
Although we never really dealt with any staff, the housekeeping was great, and when my husband has dealt with staff he has been happy; they know him quite well because he stays here so often, which helps.
Personally, I loved the towels. They aren't super fluffy, "curl up and sleep" kind of towels...but they were so nice. I also loved the fact that the toiletries for guests included a name brand shampoo and conditioner - not some no-name crap that leaves hair disgusting.
I can't answer for the value or breakfast because it was paid for by my husbands company and we didn't eat in the hotel. I have heard the price of food is a touch on the high side.
Overall I enjoyed my two nights here.

Room Tip: If you don't care about road noise, face the Rona...however if you want quiet, get a room on the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Renee S, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Greetings from the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West,

Thank you for giving me an oportunity to connect with you and for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted that you have choosen our property and had the opportuniy to enjoy our fabulous facility and our amazing guest amenities.

On behalf of the entire team we look forward to welcoming you back where we can provide you with another refreshing experience at the Courtyard Marriott Edmonton West.

Have an inspiring day!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I really hope that after reading this post NOBODY is ever treated the way I was at this hotel. I have also made a complaint with Head Office to make sure that no other guests have to experience this again. I chose this hotel for a nice girls getaway weekend based on the TA reviews. I was VERY taken aback by the lack of professionalism and service etiquette myself and my other guests received. I was verbally attacked by David [--] the GM after he stormed into my room and demanded he know exactly what other guests will be arriving, stated I didn't have a family (which I thought was extremely rude), and then said what's that HIPPY smell in the room (which was my perfume). First off this was 2pm in the afternoon, I stated that it was rude for him to barge in and make assumptions, to assume we are planning to party in the room TRUST me a good time isn't based out of partying in a hotel room, I made PLENTY of reservations to be away from the hotel spending time with our group of girls. Then he said if he hears 1 peep out of our room that he will kick us out immediately! He was Yelling and Towering over me the entire time. I have NEVER been so mistreated in my life by a business who strives on HOSPITALITY. I even asked him why he was being so aggressive and he wouldn't answer me. Both nights he had a Security Guard standing outside our rooms. Way to make you feel COMFORTABLE at a home away from home. NEVER have I EVER been so disgusted by a hotel and the service provided. It's very unfortunate that Myself and the 18 other guests that booked rooms here will NEVER return and letting people know how badly we were mistreated. Again I really hope that no one ever has to deal with this mistreatment again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
16  Thank Amy-Bryan
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed here 1 night on Mother's Day weekend, we arrived early and check in was not a problem, the front staff attendant was very friendly and he gave us a quick tour of the main area. The main lobby was very modern and I loved the outdoor fire place. I loved our room, so bright and clean, beds were very comfy and one of the best hotel bathrooms I've seen, plus they had great shampoo and conditioner. The location is awesome, close to the mall and many restaurants. We did not eat at the restaurant in the hotel,I checked out the breakfast buffet and found the prices to be a little high, so we passed. The pool area is very small which my kids weren't a fan of. I did find it strange that there wasn't a microwave in the room, travelling with kids we always end up bringing food back to our room for late night snacking after a swim, I was able to use the one in the lobby, which was a little inconvenient, upon checkout I was told I could have requested it. Overall It was a beautiful clean hotel, I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Simmons_fam
Renee S, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us and for giving me an opporunity to connect with you.

We are delighted that you experience with us flawless and your expectation we met. We look forward to welcoming back where we can provide with another great Courtyard West Experience.

Have an inspiring day!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed here to visit my wife, who travels there regularly for work. The staff are very friendly, room was clean and the food was also quite nice (if a bit overpriced).
The staff know my wife pretty well, so when I picked up something from the market to charge to the room they were reluctant as they didn't recognize me - thankfully she was in the lobby - but kudos to them for exceptional service!
The only thing I would improve would be the wifi - which was a bit slow. Ok for emails, but that's about it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Greeting from the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West,

Thank you for taking the time share your wonderful experience with us. We are very delighted that you have choosen our property and had a wonderful experience with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our property the next time you are in Edmonton.

Have a refreshing day!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I arrived at the hotel to find my friend who had arrived beforehand distraught and visibly upset after being verbally assaulted by the general manager. We were looking forward to a girls weekend away and we chose this location because of convenience and price. Needless to say ,y stay started out stressful :( Keep in mind there is no socializing allowed in your room. The only people allowed in there are the registered guests. We had no intentions of partying in our room. We simply were going to have a couple girls over to visit before hitting the town(they were also hotel guests). I felt the treatment we received was extremely discriminatory. He assumed we were there to party and trash the hotel, which we did not...There was much more professional ways he could have addressed his concerns, that of which he did the opposite. The staff in the restaurant was also extremely unorganized and brought out the wrong orders to several in our group. It wasn't busy so unfortunately, inexcusable. Lesson learned, will stay elsewhere on our next trip to Edmonton.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mandy S

Thank you for taking the time to share you expereince with us and for giving me another opportunity to connect with you.

We are very disappointed that your experience with our hotel was not in alignment with your expectations. Our goal is to provide a consistent experience for all of our guests who choose to stay with us and as such, we ask that our guests’ partner with us to ensure that their experience does not impact other guest and our stakeholders negatively. We will use all of our resources at hand to ensure that our property remains quiet and peaceful for all of our guests. We appreciate and understand that there are travelers who may take issues to the boundaries we have in place to ensure all guests have a quality experience.

If you would like to discussed this further I would be more than delighted to connect with you again.