“Great price and location!”

Quality Inn West Edmonton
Ranked #42 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

We were up to West Edmoton Mall for the day and needed a place to stay close by. We are also a family of 5 so it is difficult to find accomidations. After some phone calls we came across this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised to have a "family suite". This room was huge. It had 2 queen beds, and a sofa/hide a bed. It also had a table and chair set, 2 high back chairs and a small counter area with fridge, microwave nd coffee maker. I am not sure of the square footage, but for a family of 5, with the 2 teenagers and a 10 year old there was more than enough room. We are not in Edmonton often, but when we are, this will be our hotel of choice. Thank you Quality Inn West Harvest.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Mearnsy368
GeneralManagerWHE, General Manager at Quality Inn West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Thank you for writing such a great review we truly appreciate hearing from all our guests whether it's a compliment or not. I have to say that I love to see that we are doing a great job for our guests.

Hope we see you soon!

Reviewed 31 March 2013

Spent a week working in Edmonton. Rooms are clean and quiet, heating good, staff friendly and helpful. Business centre downstairs excellent. We also had a full day seminar in one of the meeting rooms. Catering was great.
The only minus points I would give for the breakfast in the restaurant - slow service and not very exciting. The lunch and dinner, on the other hand, were excellent, good service and great value for money.

Room Tip: Top floor.
2  Thank Zuzana K

Thank you for your review. My staff and Managers work hard and take pride in giving our guests a great experience while staying with us.

We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 27 March 2013

I was in Edmoton for the week-end with my son and his wife for a week-end before going on to Cold Lake. I spent the first night in a hotel across the road in the same room as my son and his wife. They had tried to upgrade to suite, but none available. We had a horrible night of sleep. I called my husband back in Ontario in the morning and he booked me into this hotel on his points. The gang that was travelling with my son were envious. I was in a King Executive suite. It was awsome. So clean, quiet, and comfortable. The staff were great. Everyone was so friendly. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank snowbaby369

Thank you for the kind review our guests bouquets are a great encouragement to my hard working staff and managers.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 12 March 2013

I was there last weekend, It is near to West Edmonton Mall, Hotel is very clean, and reasonable price. The Front Desk People are awesome, especially the young boy NIGHT MANAGER, i meet such nice guy in Canadian hospitality industry, FIRST TIME. I enjoyed my weekends over there. But i am not happy with Internet, it was so poor.

LIke,
1. Excellent and profession staff in Front Desk
2. Excellent location for West Edmonton mall and reasonably price and clean.
Dislike,
1. Very poor INTERNET service

1  Thank Douge D

Thank you Dean it was our pleasure to be of service to you during your stay and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 6 March 2013

Stayed two nights, room was great, first night perfect, the second a nightmare! I was staying on the executive side on third floor and throughout the evening, they had a party on the first floor in one of the meeting room. Said nothing till 11:10 at which time I came down to the front desk and was told they would ask them to lower the music (techno style with lots of base). At 11:40, called the front desk as nothing had changed, was told they would go again and that their reservation was ending at 12PM. Called back at 12:10 as nothing had changed again and had to tell them that the music was still on and as loud as before! Was told he would go see them again! Called AGAIN at 12:40 and ask what I needed to do to get quiet so that I could sleep: I suggested he came to my room to see how loud it was to make sure I was not complaining for nothinghe said he knew! The music finally stopped 5 minutes later, after 4 calls! I am a business traveller and I chose my hotels on the fact that they are well located, have business style rooms and that they will be quiet! Daniel L., Brigham, Qc.

Room Tip: Make sure they are not having a party as they are not capable of keeping them under control
1  Thank Daniel L

This was an unusual event. We rarely have a party on a Monday night but this was a local restaurant who were celebrating their staff's achievements for the past year and that was the best day for them to do it.

We did offer to move this guest but it was very late and I can understand him not wanting to move.

We learned something from this situation and will be better prepared the next time.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

We asked for a king bed, got two queens which was okay but not what we asked for... the elevator was literally terrifying... made horrid noises, clunked, banged and dropped a little each time we used it...
Room was clean, and TV worked but had to go down to main floor for ice and water or pop which was a pain in the scarey elevator! For 139 plus taxes with no frills I would not stay here again... pay 20 more and get a pool, hot tub and an elevator that isn't going to either seize or drop in the near future!

Room Tip: pick another hotel :)
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Luanne N

I am sorry to see this guest was disappointed.
This was a very busy sold out weekend and the only room available was the Double Queen. The elevator is a little noisy but is inspected on a regular basis and is very safe it's just a little older than the new ones.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

We chose this hotel to stay in while on a city shopping trip coupled with the Mayfield Inn Dinner Theatre. Location is great, close to the Theatre and West Edmonton Mall. It as a reasonably priced, clean, up-to-date accomodation. The front desk staff was exceptional. The on-site restaurant was very pleasant with a great special for breakfast. This hotel will be my choice whenever I book in this area.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerWHE, General Manager at Quality Inn West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review we hope to serve you again in the near future!