“My stay”

Quality Inn West Edmonton
Ranked #40 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Clean rooms, bed is comfy. Restaurant has friendly service , a bit slow for the food. Only draw back rooms can be road noisy with window open as front rooms are facing very busy street.. Always have rooms available

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
GeneralManagerWHE, General Manager at Quality Inn West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for your kind review. Our food may be a little slower but that's because we make it fresh for you it's not sitting under a heat lamp. We have lots of rooms away from the street if you like to open your windows.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn West Edmonton

Reviewed 5 June 2014

First, I have to say that the night before, I was in a brand new hotel, so my standard were very high when I got to the Quality Harvest.

At first sight, no doubt it is an older hotel that needs update. I decided to book there after reading reviews here.

A few minutes, I appreciated the fact that the front desk called me if all was OK. (it was at that time).

When I go to the hallway on the 2nd floor, I felt like in prison, concrete block walls without any color. When I got in the room, it was older motel style, but it was OK. Comfortable bed, spacious room, but no bath, only a shower. In the morning, prior to get a shower, I noticed that the counter had water/soap/toothpaste dried out, so that tells me that it was not cleaned after last guest. Dirt was getting off the towels, like if they are too much worn out. We hear everything that happens in the hallway, just like if the guy opened my door, but he was opening next door. Internet was somewhat reliable.

Won't go back again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
GeneralManagerWHE, General Manager at Quality Inn West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

I'm sorry to hear you were not happy with your experience here. You stayed in one of our Executive rooms that has just a shower there are only 18 of these rooms the rest of our rooms all have full the full bath shower combination. My Executive Housekeeper has been made aware of your comments. Please note that wherever you stay if you find things not to your satisfaction call the front desk immediately and we will move you if possible or send someone to the room to clean it.

Our walls are concrete this is not only a great safeguard in the event of fire but it increases soundproofing between rooms above, below and beside it does not prevent sound from travelling through the door from the hallway. The problem with the door is the same problem in all hotels.

I appreciate your comments but I do hope you will stay again.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I'm fairly used to the fact that many hotels charge an extra deposit of 10 - 20% for "incidentals" that is refunded as soon as you leave, but to hold $250 on top of room charges for an extra 5 days is ridiculous. I'm here now - can't sleep (guy upstairs is snoring). I'm a business traveller but the security guard seemed to feel the need to follow me to my room. Seems that "hotel policy" is to treat people like criminals rather than guests. On the plus side: room seems clean enough, comfort of bed is OK, but the management should really take some customer service training by people who work at the Best Western or Holiday Inn branded hotels.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Freightcarr
GeneralManagerWHE, General Manager at Quality Inn West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

I am truly sorry that you felt like a criminal. Security does hallway patrols as part of their job and more that likely this is all they were doing. The $250 damage deposit is not charge simply a hold on your credit card. In the event someone smokes or does damage in a room we have no way to make that person accountable because we don't have any information ie. your credit card number. It is always a really good idea to either the hotel you will be staying at in advance to find out what their payment, damage deposits, pet, etc.. policies are. This eliminates any surprises.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel years ago, before it was a Quality Inn and all these years later once again, my stay was comfortable and the room very clean. It is close to the WEM if you are looking for a hotel close to it. This is an older hotel, but the price was reasonable and we enjoyed the breakfast buffet in the restaurant. One minor suggestion would be to maybe include more fruit on the buffet (there was one very small plate at the buffet that was just removed and not replenished when it became emptied). Will not hesitate to stay here again when we return to Edmonton.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review I will forward your comments on to our Chef regarding the fruit platter. I am glad to hear you were not disappointed in your stay and hopefully it won't be years before your return.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Whenever my preferred property the Executive Royal Inn West Edmonton is booked up, I stay across the street at their sister property Quality Inn West Harvest. I currently work in camp 3 weeks out of the month and earlier this year gave up my apartment in Edmonton as it was much more economical for me to stay with friends/family/ERI/QIWH during my week off than to pay nearly $1500 in rent and utilities for place I am at for less than a full week. In this way I am able to save for a down payment on a home. The hotel's interior is pretty current, and the halls, with concrete brick walls, offer great noise reduction as I hardly hear anyone in the hallways, maybe the odd housekeeper during the day if I am there. The first room I ever stayed in, had an OK bed...a bit on the firm side though. Some people like firm beds but I like soft, it is better for my back. I would like to suggest that they put the same Restwell pillow top mattress in all of the rooms as they do at the ERI - would be a great investment towards clients rave reviews :) I did notice that behind the night stand hadn't been vacuumed in a while, pretty dirty behind there. I work in the hospitality industry and I find the front desk staff relatively friendly and accommodating as I'd expect. They do not supply Bath & Body Works products as the ERI does though, it would be nice if they supplied the same brand of toiletries across both properties. The hotel is conveniently located in the west end, close to WEM and all major restaurants and services.
The only concerns I have are that a) in the past - vehicle theft I'm told has been an issue although you will find the same issue at any city hotel. I personally have never had any problems because I'm use my brains & common sense in that regard - I don't leave any valuables in plain sight that would beckon a thief, and I lock my vehicle at all times... and b) the back door on the main level (same as at the ERI) also does not lock properly and you don't need a swipe card to get in....so undesirables would also be able to enter the hotel late at night without a swipe card....the door should be fixed by maintenance or a proper door company. Breakfast or dinner at Grainfields I have not had yet so can't comment there, but I just may on my next visit! :) Thanks for your ongoing accommodating hospitality. I look forward to my next relaxing visit!

Room Tip: I like main level rooms but there is an elevator available :)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

I appreciate that you did such an extensive review of the hotel and our area. Security is important and we take it seriously. If you ever see a door that is not locking or closing correctly let the front desk know immediately so that we can either lock it out until it can be fixed or fix it right then if we are able. We look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed over the weekend; Friday and Saturday nights. The hotel was fairly busy but did not find it very noisy. It is definately older and the building and parking lot are showing their age some - but the rooms are kept up fairly well and extremely clean. Very impressed with that. The beds are comfortable as well. Pricing is good and the location is great. Would have no problem in staying again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
GeneralManagerWHE, General Manager at Quality Inn West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you for your review we appreciate your comments. Your right the hotel is close to 30 years old but we are constantly working to upgrade and update. Our staff works hard to keep our rooms clean and to give you great customer service. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I hesitate to write this review as I do not want to be perceived as an irrational complainer but I was very disappointed in our stay at this hotel this past weekend.
The second night of our stay we were kept awake with sounds made by what we can only assume was a mouse. Several times we turned on all the lights to see if we could spot it after hearing rustling sounds but thought it was maybe hiding in the hole where the plate for the phone cord was missing. After many searches we finally called the front desk to inquire whether the hotel had had problems with mice in the past. They claimed they hadn't but said they would make a note of our concerns for the morning manager. They did not offer a different room.
In the morning, the front desk staff had not been made aware of our complaint and did very little to compensate for our poor sleep, saying that because we had booked through Expedia there was nothing they could do for us except maybe give us a discount at the restaurant.
When we got home, we contacted Expedia who then tried to help out with the hotel but the hotel was not willing to give any refund or acknowledge our complaints as valid.
We are not dishonest people and truly believe there was a mouse in our room. Our credibility was questioned by hotel staff and it was frustrating to feel that our concerns were not acknowledged as valid.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Deanne2

We take all of our guests concerns seriously. Our first response is to move the guest to another room unfortunately, we were sold out and had no where to move them. Our next response is to get the professionals in to check the room. Orkin was called and they found absolutely no sign of any kind of critter, rodent, bug, etc... A copy of this report was sent to the guest to let them know we do care and we do listen. This was resolved with the guest.