“Good location”

Quality Inn West Edmonton
Ranked #40 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This is not a new hotel but it is well run and clean. We chose it because of it's proximity to the West Edmonton Mall. It is only a few blocks from the mall. It is also easy to get from here down town although I must say we were here on the weekend so not sure about normal weekday traffic. There was a microwave and fridge in the room. The room was quiet even though we faced a busy street.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerWHE, General Manager at Quality Inn West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

We really appreciate your kind review and happy to hear that you find the location to meet your needs when going to the West Edmonton Mall or Downtown Edmonton.

You were in one of our specialty rooms that has a microwave and a fridge. The majority of our rooms do not have a microwave only a fridge but we have a microwave now available in the guest laundry.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

The hotel was not bad, the room was clean, front staff were very good to deal with, only real complaint was the WIFI did not work very well and the AC was not very cold. Very close for place to eat at, great location for West Edmonton Mall and the cost was very good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dave M
GeneralManagerWHE, General Manager at Quality Inn West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for your review. We had some pretty hot days so the AC may have had a hard time keeping up. Please let our front desk know when you have a concern it may be possible to move you to another room that is more comfortable.

Our wifi is in the process of being replaced so your next stay should be better. Thank you for your review!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Clean rooms, bed is comfy. Restaurant has friendly service , a bit slow for the food. Only draw back rooms can be road noisy with window open as front rooms are facing very busy street.. Always have rooms available

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
GeneralManagerWHE, General Manager at Quality Inn West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for your kind review. Our food may be a little slower but that's because we make it fresh for you it's not sitting under a heat lamp. We have lots of rooms away from the street if you like to open your windows.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

First, I have to say that the night before, I was in a brand new hotel, so my standard were very high when I got to the Quality Harvest.

At first sight, no doubt it is an older hotel that needs update. I decided to book there after reading reviews here.

A few minutes, I appreciated the fact that the front desk called me if all was OK. (it was at that time).

When I go to the hallway on the 2nd floor, I felt like in prison, concrete block walls without any color. When I got in the room, it was older motel style, but it was OK. Comfortable bed, spacious room, but no bath, only a shower. In the morning, prior to get a shower, I noticed that the counter had water/soap/toothpaste dried out, so that tells me that it was not cleaned after last guest. Dirt was getting off the towels, like if they are too much worn out. We hear everything that happens in the hallway, just like if the guy opened my door, but he was opening next door. Internet was somewhat reliable.

Won't go back again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
GeneralManagerWHE, General Manager at Quality Inn West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

I'm sorry to hear you were not happy with your experience here. You stayed in one of our Executive rooms that has just a shower there are only 18 of these rooms the rest of our rooms all have full the full bath shower combination. My Executive Housekeeper has been made aware of your comments. Please note that wherever you stay if you find things not to your satisfaction call the front desk immediately and we will move you if possible or send someone to the room to clean it.

Our walls are concrete this is not only a great safeguard in the event of fire but it increases soundproofing between rooms above, below and beside it does not prevent sound from travelling through the door from the hallway. The problem with the door is the same problem in all hotels.

I appreciate your comments but I do hope you will stay again.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I'm fairly used to the fact that many hotels charge an extra deposit of 10 - 20% for "incidentals" that is refunded as soon as you leave, but to hold $250 on top of room charges for an extra 5 days is ridiculous. I'm here now - can't sleep (guy upstairs is snoring). I'm a business traveller but the security guard seemed to feel the need to follow me to my room. Seems that "hotel policy" is to treat people like criminals rather than guests. On the plus side: room seems clean enough, comfort of bed is OK, but the management should really take some customer service training by people who work at the Best Western or Holiday Inn branded hotels.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Freightcarr
GeneralManagerWHE, General Manager at Quality Inn West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

I am truly sorry that you felt like a criminal. Security does hallway patrols as part of their job and more that likely this is all they were doing. The $250 damage deposit is not charge simply a hold on your credit card. In the event someone smokes or does damage in a room we have no way to make that person accountable because we don't have any information ie. your credit card number. It is always a really good idea to either the hotel you will be staying at in advance to find out what their payment, damage deposits, pet, etc.. policies are. This eliminates any surprises.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel years ago, before it was a Quality Inn and all these years later once again, my stay was comfortable and the room very clean. It is close to the WEM if you are looking for a hotel close to it. This is an older hotel, but the price was reasonable and we enjoyed the breakfast buffet in the restaurant. One minor suggestion would be to maybe include more fruit on the buffet (there was one very small plate at the buffet that was just removed and not replenished when it became emptied). Will not hesitate to stay here again when we return to Edmonton.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review I will forward your comments on to our Chef regarding the fruit platter. I am glad to hear you were not disappointed in your stay and hopefully it won't be years before your return.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Whenever my preferred property the Executive Royal Inn West Edmonton is booked up, I stay across the street at their sister property Quality Inn West Harvest. I currently work in camp 3 weeks out of the month and earlier this year gave up my apartment in Edmonton as it was much more economical for me to stay with friends/family/ERI/QIWH during my week off than to pay nearly $1500 in rent and utilities for place I am at for less than a full week. In this way I am able to save for a down payment on a home. The hotel's interior is pretty current, and the halls, with concrete brick walls, offer great noise reduction as I hardly hear anyone in the hallways, maybe the odd housekeeper during the day if I am there. The first room I ever stayed in, had an OK bed...a bit on the firm side though. Some people like firm beds but I like soft, it is better for my back. I would like to suggest that they put the same Restwell pillow top mattress in all of the rooms as they do at the ERI - would be a great investment towards clients rave reviews :) I did notice that behind the night stand hadn't been vacuumed in a while, pretty dirty behind there. I work in the hospitality industry and I find the front desk staff relatively friendly and accommodating as I'd expect. They do not supply Bath & Body Works products as the ERI does though, it would be nice if they supplied the same brand of toiletries across both properties. The hotel is conveniently located in the west end, close to WEM and all major restaurants and services.
The only concerns I have are that a) in the past - vehicle theft I'm told has been an issue although you will find the same issue at any city hotel. I personally have never had any problems because I'm use my brains & common sense in that regard - I don't leave any valuables in plain sight that would beckon a thief, and I lock my vehicle at all times... and b) the back door on the main level (same as at the ERI) also does not lock properly and you don't need a swipe card to get in....so undesirables would also be able to enter the hotel late at night without a swipe card....the door should be fixed by maintenance or a proper door company. Breakfast or dinner at Grainfields I have not had yet so can't comment there, but I just may on my next visit! :) Thanks for your ongoing accommodating hospitality. I look forward to my next relaxing visit!

Room Tip: I like main level rooms but there is an elevator available :)