“Westin Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Edmonton
“Westin Hotel”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My stay was fantastic. Checking in and out was quick and the underground parking was much appreciated. The location was great too, very close to restaurants. The room was quiet and clean. Unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity to try the restaurant/lounge.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Denise N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I was really surprised at how motelish this property was.
Nice lobby but once you step off the elevator it was drab with dirty carpet and marked up dirty walls.
The room was you average motel type room. Only difference was a bottle of water and a robe.
No outlets in lamps and I was not about to go behind the bed to plug in because there was blood on the bed skirts and mucho dust on the edges of the wall base. Fortunately. I had a 15 foot extension cord and plugged in across the opposite side of the room.
Was not comfortable in this place, I felt nasty.

Definitely was not even close to what you'd expect at a Westin Hotel. Yuck.
Glad I had thick footies with me!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
nella m, Guest Experience Manager at The Westin Edmonton, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Dear Marie S, I am so sorry to hear about your recent experience with us. I will be sharing this with our leadership team. We do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and we are sorry that we were not able to give you the Westin Expereince you have come to expect. I would welcome the opportunity to connect with you personally to discuss further with you at westinedmonton.01079@westin.com...for a better you...nella

Travellers are raving about these Edmonton hotels

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 12 March 2014

On January 31 I stayed at the Westin on a gift certificate that included a free breakfast buffet for two the next morning. When I checked out the next day, my bill showed a balance of $0.00 and I left very happy. However, when I received my visa statement around mid February I noticed a charge for the brunch for two from the Westin. I spent a week leaving various messages with the accounting department to get back to me and let me know when this charge would be reversed. I NEVER did hear back from them. After a week of leaving messages, I called front of the house and spoke with a gentleman who went down to accounting himself and phoned me back to let me know the charges would be reversed and that it would take 5-7 days for it to appear on my charge card. Well It has been over nine days now and I called the hotel today (Mar. 12) and someone called me back to let me know that the charges have NOT been reversed as of yet. The apologized and told me they would reverse the charges without consideration of my time and energy and the fact that I had to pay for the breakfast charge so as to not incur penalty on my charge card. It felt like they were treating it as no big deal to me. Well it is in my busy life. If I did not keep on top of this the Westin would not have followed up satisfactorily. My trust has been broken and therefore, I would not recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Vancouver
Reviewed 10 March 2014

As previous reviewers have said: "Your average". That's what it is, no "wow" factor, very corporate. (It is Edmonton!) That being said, It is nice, the service is exceptional, the rooms are clean, large, and who can pass up a heavenly bed to rest their head? I had an awesome conversation while watching the olympics with a couple traveller's; one from France the other Bejing. The bartender served us perfectly made Old-Fashioned cocktails.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the ice machine, they have lots of king rooms to upgrade too as well.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Rutherford M, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! I am sorry that you did not experience the "WOW" factor you were expecting. Edmonton is a fantastic city, and there is so much to indulge and explore; connecting with the Concierge is always beneficial and guarranteed to experience the WOW, for your next visit to Edmonton. We thank you for your loyalty to Starwood and the Westin Edmonton. We look forward to welcoming you upon your next visit...for a better you..nella
Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I recognize the Westin on Hotwire, excellent price for a 2 night stay. Stayed in rm 1909, great view of downtown Edmonton towards city hall. When showering took a long time for water to become hot. Elevator 1 heading down, lady got on 4th floor, elevator door closed nothing happened. Eventually went down. Thought we were going to stuck. Breakfast ham and eggs from the menu, way too many potatoes, otherwise tasty breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Alberta Beach
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I spent two nights at the Westin when I was in downtown Edmonton for a conference. Although the location was fantastic and the common areas of the hotel were nice, my room was quite run-down. My daughter loved the pool, however. It and the fitness centre were very nice.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We were in Edmonton for a wedding and stayed at the Westin where the wedding was held.

The Westin really understands how important first impressions can be. From the staff who parked our car, to the bellman (who has worked at the Westin for 38 years) to the front desk staff and servers in the lounge and restaurant, there is a feeling that you as a guest are important. You feel when staff interacts with you, that employees truly like their jobs and value you. That is a tribute to management and to staff training.

We are former residents of Edmonton now living the US. We were reminded at the Edmonton Westin how sincere and caring service can be such an important part of a hotel stay.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the river valley.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Irwin H
nella m, Guest Experience Manager at The Westin Edmonton, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
dear IrwinH, Welcome back to Edmonton!! and thank you for taking the time to share such an amazing experience at our hotel. We take pride in our associates in going above and beyond and ensuring our guests feel welcomed and depart feeling better than when they arrived. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Westin Edmonton. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next escape....for a better you...nella