“Nice staff.... but the hotel need some renovation”

The Westin Edmonton
Ranked #22 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Nice staff.... but the hotel need some renovation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed 4 days for business. I founded their parking very expensive for a city like Edmonton. I liked their restaurant, as they offer organic food. Not big varieties on the menu. .
I like their way of thinking of enviroment an encouraging their clients to do so..
The hotel is downtown. . Walking distance from shopping malls.
Staff very friendly. ..I loved the fresh and free Starbucks coffee in the morning....

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
WestinMelissa, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Edmonton, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear kass4,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write you comments. I am so happy your enjoyed your stay. Please connect with me if there is anything I can help you with during a future stay, westinedmonton.01079@westin.com. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

For a Better You, Melissa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I spent 3 nights here in a very comfortable room with very nicely outfitted double beds. The room was quite large & roomy and came with a mini fridge which I was very happy about as I had brought a few perishables along with me such as yogurt. My happiness turned into disappointment as I went to put items into it when I felt how warm it was. I immediately contacted the service desk and was told someone would be sent up right away to look at it. Hours later a man arrived to look at it and I was then told he would return to either fix it or replace it with another one. Three days later...the same warm fridge still remained in my room. I enjoyed my stay there other than that experience, although I did find the parking and wifi charge ($29 a day) was rather steep. Wifi should be free these days. Staff throughout the hotel were friendly and helpful. All public area and hallways and elevators were clean. My last comment would be that while the pool area is very nice it is too bad there is no hot tub.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Salsajo,
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am sorry to hear about your frustrations with the fridge, I have connected with the Engineering and Housekeeping teams to follow up. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. If there is anything I can help you with please connect with me westinedmonton.01079@westin.com. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

For a Better You,
Melissa.
Medicine Hat, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have always had an excellent experience at this SPG property. Entering the hotel and always being greeted by the smiling doormen who know your name; to bellman Don and Hui who are so helpful and pleased to see you again. Then the front desk - they seem so tuned in to how you are doing upon arrival. Special thanks this last time to Sandra who offered to send to my room her mom's remedy for a cold! Try it - it works wonders! Hot water honey and a squeezed lime. Delicious and slept like a baby. Don and Eddy in the Share Restaurant, all staff in the Share Lounge and last but not least Le Clefs Concierge Nella Mirante who is a real asset at this property. For ALL guests she gives excellent care and attention to detail and goes out of her way to ask guests if they need anything. I've seen her approach guests with families, guests who have troubles with their keys and she even parks vehicles if needed. Congratulations to ALL staff at this property who truly give quality customer service at all times. This SPG property is a excellent example of how to do it! And do it well! This flagship Brand is to be congratulated!

Room Tip: Higher floors are always quieter. Other guests never seem to realize that there are others sleeping...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thank Dr LJ and Colle... W
Dear Dr. LJ and Colle...W

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am so excited to share them with everyone you have mentioned. We love making everyone who walks through our doors feel like they have come home and I am so glad we made you feel welcomed and comfortable. Please connect with me if there is anything I can do for you before your next visit, westinedmonton.01079@westin.com. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

For a Better You,
Melissa
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I could not find any hotel other than this hence my misery continues.

Checked in late night on May 4th and went to use washroom and the toilet seat had fresh urination stains. I took pictures as a record but had to go out. Same thing next day, which had to asked again to be cleaned. Hair is still sticking on the roof of the bathroom. And now parking ticket coz they entered the license plate incorrectly and saying I am on the hook for it because they think I wrote K as an R.

I can hear all groans, shouting next room although I am a preferred Starwood customer but I do get any treatment of even ordinary customer at this prestigious hotel in Edmonton.

I will update with day by day issues as right now just doing through my phone and can't type in all details.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank zimba1999
Dear zimba1999, I am so sorry to hear that your Westin stay has not met your expectations. I would love the opportunity to connect with you directly through email westinedmonton.01079@westin.com. Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback. I look forward to connecting with you soon. For a better you. Melissa

Travellers are raving about these Edmonton hotels

Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I was told not to stay here but I didn't listen. For almost $300 per night you woukd think the room would be clean. The remote had gobs of waxy dust on it! Disgusting.
I had an early morning. .went to make in room coffee and no cups. I called the front desk and was told "coming right away!" I was showered dressed and gone before they ever came. At least 40 minutes.
Staff is pleasant enough, but the hotel is NOT worth the price.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank missannabele
Spruce Grove, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed over a Friday and Saturday on this trip. We picked the Westin, as it was close to nice restaurants, and other amenities we were looking forward to visiting. What we were not counting on was a hotel full of lacrosse players and dancers. I expect these kinds of groups in mid-range hotels, but not at the Westin.
Regardless, Friday night, was fine, with no interruptions, a good parking spot underground, and a quality night's sleep. Saturday though, was totally different. We went to bed around 11 p.m., and I'm not exactly sure what time the noise started, but my husband said it went on all night. I regularly sleep with ear plugs, but I was woken at 5 a.m. and again at 7 a.m. from voices, that turned out to be next door. Finally we got up at 9 a.m., so much for sleeping in, at 10 a.m., the music started next door, and I finally called to the front desk. (We would have called much earlier, but we were able to fall back asleep a few times, so we didn't.)
This is what gets the better rating, the manager, Angela, came upstairs and requested the guests next to us leave. The room was much quieter, but it still took a while for the entire room of people to clear out. Then, the manager called back and asked if I'd mind if she took care of some charges for us. Does anyone really mind when they take some charges off the bill? We ended up being comped our parking and internet charges for both nights ($60). So, the customer service rating definitely made our experience much better and we appreciated that.

Room Tip: Rooms are dark. SPG members get better rooms. Ask for a view of the Hotel Mac.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
nella m, Guest Experience Manager at The Westin Edmonton, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
dear Tempestt C,, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry to hear about the noise levels. We do rely on our guests to advise us if the noise levels are excessive so that we can address the concern immediately. I am so glad to hear that Angela was able to to address the noise level and made your experience that much better. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Please feel free to connect with us for your next stay at westinedmonton.01079@westin.com ....for a better you...nella
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

After not a good experience last time I stayed again and this time had a much better experience. Check in was fast and friendly, Internet was fast to connect and worked perfectly and I was invited to a cocktail hour for Starwood members. It was nice to meet the hotel staff and mingle with other guests with a glass of wine. The only problem I had was with the lighting. I really could not see in my room, even with curtains open and all lights on. It appears that the light bulbs are all a soft yellow, no white lights. And no overhead lights, only lamps and wall sconces. I was trying to iron a dark suit and I could not see to iron so I finally dragged the ironing board into the bathroom. Other than that, all was really good. I especially appreciate the large magnifying mirror in the bathroom (at my age this is a necessity!)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
nella m, Guest Experience Manager at The Westin Edmonton, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Barbara M, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I will definitely bring this forward to our leadership team about the the better lighting. We really do hope that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon....for a better you....nella