The Westin Edmonton
US$212
US$160
Fairmont.com
1,381 results
All reviewsheavenly bedcity hallthe shaw conference centreroom servicecentral locationvalet parkingheart of downtownfront desk staffchecking inbusiness tripspgcitadelgymdoormanconventionparkadelrt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

The Westin does customer service better than any of the Edmonton Hotels I've stayed at. As soon as we approached we felt welcomed and at home. Valet is efficient and friendly, fully worth the extra $5. I also tipped $5, and it was met with a lot of gratitude, more than I'd expect for a tip that size.
The bell was fun, the older gentleman was funny and explained anything we needed or wanted to know.
The front desk agents are equally as friendly and very helpful. We only stayed for one night, for a concert at Rexall Place - don't drive or cab, just hop on the LRT from Central station (right across the street) to the coliseum station (5-10) min ride for under $4.
The rooms are getting a little dated and need an update but still clean and very comfortable with a good view.
We will definitely be back!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelwoBob
WestinMelissa, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear TravelwoBob,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts reagrding your recent stay at the Westin Edmonton. I am happy to hear that we were able to enhance your Edmonton concert trip experience. As for the updating we do have some renovations scheduled in the near future. We look forward to welcoming you back soon, please connect with me at westinedmonton.01079@westin.com if there is anything I can help you with for your future stays with us.

For a better you.
Melissa.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed 4 days for business. I founded their parking very expensive for a city like Edmonton. I liked their restaurant, as they offer organic food. Not big varieties on the menu. .
I like their way of thinking of enviroment an encouraging their clients to do so..
The hotel is downtown. . Walking distance from shopping malls.
Staff very friendly. ..I loved the fresh and free Starbucks coffee in the morning....

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
WestinMelissa, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear kass4,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write you comments. I am so happy your enjoyed your stay. Please connect with me if there is anything I can help you with during a future stay, westinedmonton.01079@westin.com. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

For a Better You, Melissa

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I spent 3 nights here in a very comfortable room with very nicely outfitted double beds. The room was quite large & roomy and came with a mini fridge which I was very happy about as I had brought a few perishables along with me such as yogurt. My happiness turned into disappointment as I went to put items into it when I felt how warm it was. I immediately contacted the service desk and was told someone would be sent up right away to look at it. Hours later a man arrived to look at it and I was then told he would return to either fix it or replace it with another one. Three days later...the same warm fridge still remained in my room. I enjoyed my stay there other than that experience, although I did find the parking and wifi charge ($29 a day) was rather steep. Wifi should be free these days. Staff throughout the hotel were friendly and helpful. All public area and hallways and elevators were clean. My last comment would be that while the pool area is very nice it is too bad there is no hot tub.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Salsajo,
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am sorry to hear about your frustrations with the fridge, I have connected with the Engineering and Housekeeping teams to follow up. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. If there is anything I can help you with please connect with me westinedmonton.01079@westin.com. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

For a Better You,
Melissa.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have always had an excellent experience at this SPG property. Entering the hotel and always being greeted by the smiling doormen who know your name; to bellman Don and Hui who are so helpful and pleased to see you again. Then the front desk - they seem so tuned in to how you are doing upon arrival. Special thanks this last time to Sandra who offered to send to my room her mom's remedy for a cold! Try it - it works wonders! Hot water honey and a squeezed lime. Delicious and slept like a baby. Don and Eddy in the Share Restaurant, all staff in the Share Lounge and last but not least Le Clefs Concierge Nella Mirante who is a real asset at this property. For ALL guests she gives excellent care and attention to detail and goes out of her way to ask guests if they need anything. I've seen her approach guests with families, guests who have troubles with their keys and she even parks vehicles if needed. Congratulations to ALL staff at this property who truly give quality customer service at all times. This SPG property is a excellent example of how to do it! And do it well! This flagship Brand is to be congratulated!

Room Tip: Higher floors are always quieter. Other guests never seem to realize that there are others sleeping when they return to their rooms at 2 am. Chatting and slamming doors are not good manners!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Thank Dr LJ and Colle... W

Dear Dr. LJ and Colle...W

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am so excited to share them with everyone you have mentioned. We love making everyone who walks through our doors feel like they have come home and I am so glad we made you feel welcomed and comfortable. Please connect with me if there is anything I can do for you before your next visit, westinedmonton.01079@westin.com. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

For a Better You,
Melissa

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I could not find any hotel other than this hence my misery continues.

Checked in late night on May 4th and went to use washroom and the toilet seat had fresh urination stains. I took pictures as a record but had to go out. Same thing next day, which had to asked again to be cleaned. Hair is still sticking on the roof of the bathroom. And now parking ticket coz they entered the license plate incorrectly and saying I am on the hook for it because they think I wrote K as an R.

I can hear all groans, shouting next room although I am a preferred Starwood customer but I do get any treatment of even ordinary customer at this prestigious hotel in Edmonton.

I will update with day by day issues as right now just doing through my phone and can't type in all details.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank zimba1999

Dear zimba1999, I am so sorry to hear that your Westin stay has not met your expectations. I would love the opportunity to connect with you directly through email westinedmonton.01079@westin.com. Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback. I look forward to connecting with you soon. For a better you. Melissa