“Stylish and convenient downtown hotel”

The Westin Edmonton
Ranked #19 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 June 2010

What a great hotel. Room decor is very stylish and modern. My husband and I stayed 3 nights in this hotel........we only meant to stay one night and head to Banff the next day to stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs hotel but the weather took a turn for the worse........crazy blizzard conditions in April......lol.

The hotel staff were great........we got the second night at the same rate as our first, which was really cheap, but the third we weren't so lucky as the hotel was booked up and we would have had to change rooms and lug all our stuff out for one night to get a better rate, but that would have been a pain in the butt, so we decided to keep the room at extra cost. We were happy that we were "snowed in" in such a nice hotel/room............extra cuddle time......lol.

I would definitely stay at this downtown hotel and would recommend to friends.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Kat_Westin, Executive Office at The Westin Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2010

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your stay.

It is a delight to read that loved your experience not just of the hotel but of Edmonton.

I do hope you will be able to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2010

The Westin Edmonton is exceptionally clean and comfortable and well located for the Edmonton Convention Centre and downtown. It has good-sized rooms, a nice fitness centre and indoor pool, and pleasant, helpful staff. I liked the fact that they offered the chance to bypass housekeeping for one or more days and rewarded this with coupons that could be used at the restaurant or spa. Restaurant was excellent if a bit pricey.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

We were pleased to read that you enjoyed our guestrooms and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Edmonton.

Reviewed 26 May 2010

Really enjoyed my stay in Edmonton, hotel staff were fantastic right from check in through my stay. I will definetly stay here for all my travel to Edmonton.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Kat_Westin, Executive Office at The Westin Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2010

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your stay.

It is a delight to read that loved your experience not just of the hotel and our staff, but of Edmonton. I do hope you will be able to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2010

Wow, I have no idea where to begin, from the moment we pulled up to the moment we left, it was the most perfect hotel experience we've ever had. The staff, from the car valets, the front desk agents, the room service staff, the waiters in the hotel, EVERYONE was very nice, pleasant, courteous and professional. They really set the high-water mark and define the word service.

I had a special weekend getaway planned and was going to propose to my girlfriend at the hotel over the weekend. The staff was extremely accomodating and had even upgraded us to a suite to make my proposal that much more special. The front desk and service express staff were very helpful in making my proposal go off without a hitch by having the ring box placed on a breakfast tray with a cover and a little card that said "Will you marry me?" and after our morning walk together we returned to the room to be greeted by a tray of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries and a handwritten congratulatory card signed by the staff. My fiancee cried when she read it.

The room itself was spacious and very clean, the beds, sheets and pillows were wonderously comfortable and the heavenly shower was very relaxing.

It was unfortunate that renovations were still underway as we had hoped to spend our evenings in the restaurant and lounge, but given the central location of the hotel, there were plenty of venues adjacent to the hotel such as Ruth's Chris steakhouse and 100 Restolounge.

I am definitely staying at the Westin for the rest of my trips up there for the year.

Thanks very much!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Kat_Westin, Executive Office at The Westin Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2010

Thank you for being a guest of The Westin Edmonton and leaving valuable comments on the remarkable service you received during your stay with us.

On behalf of the entire Westin Edmonton team, we would like to congratulate you on your engagement. It was an honor to be part of your special day.

Thank you again for providing the gift of feedback and we look forward to providing you with another inspiring and memorable visit.

Reviewed 18 May 2010

Super impressed with the reno they have done here :o)

The staff are all super nice ....they even sent free milk/cookies books and puzzels to our room with a nice little note because we had our kids with us ....so sweet !

Note : Parking is $26 a day or Valet for $30 in room interent is $10.95 witch I think should all be included since the rooms are not cheep.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay.

I am delighted to read that you found the hotel stylish and comfortable and that you had the chance to experience renewal in one of our rooms. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 May 2010

I was at the Westin Edmonton while attending a conference and stayed for 2 nights. Rooms were clean and quiet - the typical Westin fare. I didn't have any issues with the cleaning staff - in fact, I thought they did a nice job. There was construction going on but what can you do? The thing that impressed me was the staff. Concierge was very pleasant and helpful on a number of occasions. Finally, I returned home having left clothing in the closet accidentally. One call to housekeeping had my clothes packaged up and in the mail by FedEx. I had the package a few days later.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Kat_Westin, Executive Office at The Westin Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2010

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel.

We are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at The Westin Edmonton and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 May 2010

Very nice hotel, i have no complaints about anything except for the male room cleaner. My room was barely clean. I had to call housekeeping a couple of times to have him come back. Everything was minor, but I was made to feel like the bad guy for being too fussy. I complained because the mirror was so dusty and smeared, i could not see, no clean glases in the room, garbage cans not emptied, carpets not cleaned, hair on the bathroom floor that was not mine, no clean towels, etc. i stayed for 5 nights and did mention it to the staff on checkout. They took the information and said they would get back to me, but did not. Who cares, I won't stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.

As a guest at The Westin Edmonton, you had every right to expect the highest level of accommodation and service. I do apologize that this was not the case.

If you would like to discuss your recent experience with us further, please feel free to contact westinedmonton.01079@westin.com. We would welcome the opportunity to ensure that your next stay with us is the exceptional Westin experience you deserve.