“Treated like our being there made a difference.” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Westin Edmonton
Ranked #21 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Stettler, Alberta, Canada
“Treated like our being there made a difference.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2010

From the time we arrived we were treated like our being there was important to them and our comfort and experience was the most important. In particular, Nella Mirante our "guest experience manager" went out of her way to make sure our stay was very enjoyable and a "better than expected" type of experience. The hotel staff were also extremely good and the overall service was the best we have had at the Westin for a very long time. We would certainly recommend the Westin for folks who go to Edmonton and are interested in staying in the downtown area. Only thing that was disappointing was having to pay for parking within the hotel!!!!.........apparently the parking area is owned by a separate company so they charge you to park your vehicle per day over and above your accommodation, etc. Westin should buy it back and run it themselves!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2010

I stay in Edmonton often with business and of all the hotels I have stayed in The Westin is by far the best. From the sales staff of Shawn and Brenda to the greeting at the door by the guest experience manager Nella; all the staff were very welcoming and helpful. The rooms are of the highest standard and have the comfiest beds I have ever slept in. I would recommend this hotel to fellow colleagues, family and friends.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Hammond55
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2010

As the color analyst for the CFL on TSN I spend 6 months out of every year, not to mention holiday travel, on the road and living in hotels. As a Starwood Platinum member, the Westin and Sheraton hotels are my first choice and all of the properties that I have been to have been excellent. There is someone however I would like to recognize that has gone above and beyond to make me feel welcome and that is Nella Mirante a Guest Experience Manager at the Westin in Edmonton Alberta.
Nella always makes me feel welcome, and is always available if I need anything. To illustrate just how great she is, while at Grey Cup 2010 I was forced to stay at a different hotel than the Westin due to a coporate booking that was out of my control. Nella knew I was disappoinited to be spending a full week on the road and not being able to stay in the hotel I wanted, and sent me over a Christmas gift and a card with the invitation to go to the Westin lounge for a drink during the festivities even if I wasn't able to stay at the Westin. As I mentioned above and beyond. In all of my travels for the last 10 years I have never felt as welcome in any hotel as I do when visiting the Westin Edmonton. Thank you to Nella Mirante for that hospitality.
Glen Suitor

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank gsuitor
Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2010

We returned to the Westin for 3 nights and found it to be recently renovated, upscale, modern and luxurious. The service was FANTASTIC;even though the hotel was at 100% capacity, we never waited for our vehicle and everyone knew our names. This hotel is centrally located, has a great gym and a fantastic menu. Staying here is a highlight for us. Thank you to the Valet staff, Service Express and front desk.
We'll be back!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank islandgirl2004
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2010

The service was outstanding! One of the employees, Nella, made it a particularly enjoyable stay: she tended to all my requests and really went the extra mile (or ten!). I would most definitely recommend the Westin in downtown Edmonton to anyone, business or pleasure!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Northbrook, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2010

While staying at the beautiful Westin in Edmonton, I was on a "break" for a seminar I was attending. I was looking for a quick snack and noticed that the gift shop was closed. An employee, Nella, seemd to magically appear noticing what must have been a somewhat distressed look on my face. She asked what I needed and after telling her I just was looking for a quick snack said she'd be right back. A few minutes later, Nella appeared with two snacks and handed them to me. I was delightfully surprised and quite grateful!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2010

I've stayed many times at the Westin Hotel in Edmonton, and this trip, by far exceeded my expectations. The staff is friendly, professional, attentive and more than willing to go out of their way to ensure your every comfort. The beds are comfy, sheets luxurious and its convenient location allows you to get anywhere you need to in the city quickly and easily. I will be back!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business