“Exceptional Service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Exceptional Service”
Reviewed 31 January 2011

My sister and I had the most delightful experience with the guest experience manager-Nella Mirante! Her pleasant manner and her playful sense of humor was refreshing. Nella was very helpful and personable and definitely excels at her profession. Because of our experience we wouldn't hesitate to reccommend The Westin!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 7 January 2011

Clean, bright, good-sized rooms, comfortable bed, pillows to die for. Nice pool and exercise area, pleasant staff. But... Perhaps the worst, overpriced breakfast I've had anywhere. Okay, to be fair, I've had worse breakfasts, but never at the premium price demanded at the Westin. I had expected better. Much better. Based on that experience, all subsequent meals were taken elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Osoyoos
Reviewed 31 December 2010

I can not even believe the ineptness of the accounting department. They indiscriminately charge your credit card with charges after you have left and it is near to impossible to get a "real Person" to ever discuss the situation. I will never stay at this hotel again!!!

3 Thank DennisandKathy

Travellers are raving about these Edmonton hotels

Calgary
Reviewed 28 December 2010

Last time I was in Edmonton my family and I stayed at the Fairmont Hotel McDonald. I have nothing by great things to say about that place, but it does cost more than the Westin. I got a great deal on the Westin, so I figured I'd give it a try to compare the two. They're across the street from one another.

Where the Fairmont wins is the view if you get a valley view. That's about the only clear 'win' if you ask me. The room at the Westin was nice, comfortable, and had all the luxuries that I was looking for. I really don't have much to complain or critique.

This is where the Westin wins though. My young son managed to rack up 23 movies...love kids and their button pushing! When I showed the bill to the front desk they laughed and basically ripped it up. I didn't need to worry about having to pay $300 for movies. My associate that I dealt with was Lisa S, and you dear made me want to stay in the Westin again. Thank you for the breakfast recommendation, and for being so friendly.

1 Thank Xaxen
Stettler, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 13 December 2010

From the time we arrived we were treated like our being there was important to them and our comfort and experience was the most important. In particular, Nella Mirante our "guest experience manager" went out of her way to make sure our stay was very enjoyable and a "better than expected" type of experience. The hotel staff were also extremely good and the overall service was the best we have had at the Westin for a very long time. We would certainly recommend the Westin for folks who go to Edmonton and are interested in staying in the downtown area. Only thing that was disappointing was having to pay for parking within the hotel!!!!.........apparently the parking area is owned by a separate company so they charge you to park your vehicle per day over and above your accommodation, etc. Westin should buy it back and run it themselves!

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2010

I stay in Edmonton often with business and of all the hotels I have stayed in The Westin is by far the best. From the sales staff of Shawn and Brenda to the greeting at the door by the guest experience manager Nella; all the staff were very welcoming and helpful. The rooms are of the highest standard and have the comfiest beds I have ever slept in. I would recommend this hotel to fellow colleagues, family and friends.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Hammond55
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 23 November 2010

As the color analyst for the CFL on TSN I spend 6 months out of every year, not to mention holiday travel, on the road and living in hotels. As a Starwood Platinum member, the Westin and Sheraton hotels are my first choice and all of the properties that I have been to have been excellent. There is someone however I would like to recognize that has gone above and beyond to make me feel welcome and that is Nella Mirante a Guest Experience Manager at the Westin in Edmonton Alberta.
Nella always makes me feel welcome, and is always available if I need anything. To illustrate just how great she is, while at Grey Cup 2010 I was forced to stay at a different hotel than the Westin due to a coporate booking that was out of my control. Nella knew I was disappoinited to be spending a full week on the road and not being able to stay in the hotel I wanted, and sent me over a Christmas gift and a card with the invitation to go to the Westin lounge for a drink during the festivities even if I wasn't able to stay at the Westin. As I mentioned above and beyond. In all of my travels for the last 10 years I have never felt as welcome in any hotel as I do when visiting the Westin Edmonton. Thank you to Nella Mirante for that hospitality.
Glen Suitor