Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton South Conference Centre
Ranked #17 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Wainwright, Canada
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Very clean rooms, renovations are very nice. Rooms are small but warm and cosy. 4404 restaurant downstairs is amazing.! The chef even came out to say hi and ask how are meal was. All in all very nice evening, will stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
amsandhu, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton South Conference Centre, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Dear Guest,
I am glad that you enjoyed the warm hospitality at our 4404 restaurant, our service team as well as culinary team strives to deliver memorable culinary experience. With the new room renovations, we now boast the best rooms in the city and our guests just like you are raving about their thoughtful design.
Many thanks for your wonderful feedback and patronage of Delta Edmonton South.

A Sandhu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Thai first
Alberta
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for the second time for a work course. The last time I stayed here was in 2008, and the entire facility has been renovated since. It is very classy, the front desk clerks were very nice and courteous and the property clean. I used the gym facility while here and it was very nice - lots of good cardio machines, and a few really nice weight machines with a good rack of free weights. In the fridge they had cooled face cloths! Nice touch! My hotel room was spotless, the TV was new and had the clearest HD reception I have ever had on a hotel TV.

My only complaint, and my reason for only 3 stars, was the amount of noise in the hotel. Our second night there was a wedding on the 11th floor and I could hear the music booming in my room on the 7th floor. My poor co- worker had her room on the 8th floor and could actually make out the lyrics clearly enough to know what song was playing. As you can imagine this did not allow for a restful sleep the night before attending a course which requires mental concentration. Because of the noise I am not sure if I would stay again. If I did I would be sure to ask if there was any weddings going on and if so get a room more than four floors down from it!

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
A S, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton South Conference Centre, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear Guest,
I apologize for the noise inconvenience to you on Saturday night. We endeavour to reserve rooms close to the top floor ballroom for the wedding party guests and have our other guests stay in the second wing away from the ballroom.
Thank you for your comments about our gracious staff as well as the totally renovated guestrooms with the HD TV service and our housekeeping team that takes special attention to prepare your room.
I hope that you would give us another chance and that you would get in touch with me so that I can personally ensure a fantastic stay.

Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Price is a little high but u don't get much better for the price.. Renovated room comfortable beds... It don't get much better and dogs are welcome any size... For a flat rate price... Would recommend..

• Stayed September 2013
A S, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton South Conference Centre, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear Guest,
I am glad that you enjoyed our brand new rooms. We endeavour to provide exceptional stay experience and our guests like you do notice the difference. Thank you for your kind feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.

Sun Peaks, Canada
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Wonderful staff! Welcoming, kind, professional. As someone who has been working in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry for many years, I was blown away by the customer service that we experienced over our 3 night stay.
The hotel itself is beautiful and newly renovated, the rooms are spacious and modern, and the bed was AMAZING.
Sunday brunch was delicious with a huge variety of everything you could possibly imagine.
As an extra bonus, it turns out the restaurant had a vegetarian menu which was very much appreciated by two vegetarians!
I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
A S, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton South Conference Centre, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear Guest,
I appreciate your glowing endorsement of Delta Edmonton South and the wonderful team that is focused on providing memorable experience to our guests.
Our 4404 restaurant Sunday brunch is a local tradition and I am glad that you enjoyed it during your stay.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

The Delta Edmonton South was exceptional. As a frequent traveler that almost lives in hotels, I was completely shocked in a great way of the level of service this property provided me. Prior to this stay I had stayed at several Deltas and I was left underwhelmed and slightly disappointed. My experience here was fantastic. The staff was wonderful, kind, respectful, and most of all willing to go above and beyond to ensure their guests are comfortable. This property has changed my perception of Delta hotels and certainly will seek them for every stay in Edmonton. Great job!

• Stayed September 2013
A S, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton South Conference Centre, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear Guest,
I am humbled with your fantastic feedback and agree with you that we have wonderful staff that provides memorable service experience to you. The best compliment for us is to have earned your patronage and I hope that based upon your great stay you would seek us and other Delta hotels in the future.

Calgary
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We enjoyed our weekend stay at the Delta Edmonton South. The location is great for access to shopping etc in the South and for West Edmonton Mall. The hotel offered an excellent rate for a huge King room. The property has obviously been recently completely renovated and it is tastefully done. Service was excellent. The restaurant breakfast prices were a bargain compared to other hotels. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
A S, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton South Conference Centre, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear Guest,
With the recent renovations, Delta Edmonton South now is proud to provide our guests best in class guestrooms and exceptional service at a location that is ideal. You can reach West Edmonton Mall, downtown and airport close to 15 minutes and the hotel is also located very close to South Common and Southgate shopping centres.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and many thanks for the fantastic feedback.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I was in Edmonton with my 2 teenagers for the last weekend before the summer ended. I wanted just a short relaxing getaway before the hustle and bustle of the new school year. We spent most of the day at the West Edmonton Mall so by the time we were done we were all exhausted and tired. I came to the hotel alone in the evening to check in as my kids were going to join me later. I was checked in by Melody who provided me with excellent service. She used my name a few times, asked me what had brought me to Edmonton. I told her the reason for my visit, she went onto letting me know about the amenities the hotel provided to its guests, and she even offered me a tour of the hotel. I told Melody, I had stayed at the hotel before on a business trip and didn’t really think I would have stayed here again. She asked me why and I told her that I thought the hotel rooms were old and run down and the only reason I decided to stay this time was because of its location. She advised me that the hotel just went through major renovations and that I will be surprised and very pleased to see the rooms this time. I told her well that was nice to hear and I was looking forward to my stay that weekend. She also advised me of the breakfast buffet at the restaurant in the morning. I had requested a cot for the room and she told me that it was already in the room. I went up to the room and to my surprise I was extremely impressed with the room. The room was modernly renovated; beautiful colors and décor were used. It had a sleek and clutter free look to it. I was staying in a room with a King size bed, there was a cot set up to the side of the room with extra towels and toiletries. I left to go out for dinner. My kids arrived to the room an hour after I had checked in and called me to thank me for picking this hotel to stay at this time. My kids are huge critics when it comes to hospitality. They couldn’t stop complimenting the room and the friendly staff. We went to the restaurant in the morning for the breakfast buffet and without a doubt the food and service were great. I am impressed with the consistent service throughout the hotel. I want to thank the Delta Edmonton South team for amazing service I will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
A S, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton South Conference Centre, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear Guest,
I appreciate the detailed and such a glowing feedback after your stay with us at the Delta Edmonton South hotel. Our hotel after the recent renovations boasts the latest in technology and rooms that are getting rave reviews. I invite any guest who stayed with us in the past to come and experience the NEW hotel and am sure will be as impressed as you.
Melody at the front desk will be recognized for her exceptional service and we have the best team at the hotel that is passionate about delivering memorable experience to you.