“Great Mid-Range Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Delta Hotels Edmonton South Conference Centre
Ranked #17 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
“Great Mid-Range Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

I chose the Delta South to stay at after reading great reviews on Trip Advisor. I was not disappointed.

There were several highlights to my stay - the bests were incredibly comfortable, the bathroom products were great, the internet was VERY fast and did not lose signal, and customer service was excellent. The check in/out process was fast and efficient. There is underground parking although the limit is 6' and my truck will not fit under there. There is ample parking in the outdoor lot to make up for it.

There were a few minor negatives that I need to mention - I found my room was quite small. Maybe the rooms are different sizes but for a king room it was quite narrow. There does not seem to be enough insulation in the walls and ceiling so noise was an issue. I could hear people in other rooms as well as the housekeepers in the hallways were quite noisy. If you are a light sleeper or like to sleep in this might be an issue for you. On the beds I found that the pillows were almost too thick. If you prefer a very thin pillow these would not be the best for you. Although the room was clean, there were hairs in the shower on the walls, curtain, and in the tub. They have a good selection of TV channels but it would be nice if there was a guide either on the TV or on paper for reference. These are small details that would not deter me from coming back.

I would stay at this hotel again. The price is very good for a nice clean hotel and the staff is excellent.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Marko K, at Delta Hotels Edmonton South Conference Centre, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback. It is genuinely always appreciated to learn how our guests experiences are. You are correct our rooms do vary in sizes pending on what category you book in. But because of the design of our building some rooms vary in size depending on location in the hotel as well.

I am terribly sorry for the noise concerns you mention through out your stay and have shared your comments and taken steps to ensure that especially our internal team take better steps to respecting the quiet expectations of our guests.

We hope you come back soon and we have the opportunity to make it up to you with a more restful experience. Thank you kindly.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Thai first
Red Deer, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

The hotel hosted our company's training event in September 2013 (yes, this is a late review). The front desk staff did an excellent job of accommodating the 100+ employees who checked in at the same time.

The room was nicely furnished and the bed was awesome :) This hotel and the employees do a great job of making guests their priority.

Room Tip: The street noise is lessened the higher you go in the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
A S, General Manager at Delta Hotels Edmonton South Conference Centre, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Guest,
The sleep experience that our Delta Sanctuary beds provide is exceptional and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in the newly renovated Delta Edmonton South. We have made a major investment to make sure that our guests truly enjoy all aspects of their stay and are thrilled with the positive feedback.
Thanks again for your patronage and we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

The front desk team namely Karen, Kyle and Tolu were fantastic and very helpful. Thanks for consistently demonstrating excellent customer service.
I sprained my ankle and got all the help l needed on getting to the hotel. Thanks for making the pain more bearable

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
A S, General Manager at Delta Hotels Edmonton South Conference Centre, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Guest,
I truly appreciate your effusive comments about the standard of consistent service at the Delta Edmonton South. Karen, Kyle, Tolu and all of our colleagues are passionate about delivering memorable experiences.
We look forward to your next stay with us.

Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

I spent three nights at this hotel while on business in Edmonton. The hotel is easy to find and accessible to the airport and other amenities. The front desk staff were friendly yet professional, ensuring I had the information about the hotel. My room was comfy, visually appealing and very clean. The next morning, I noticed a wet spot on the carpet by the window. I let the front desk staff know and it was dealt with promptly, along with a personal telephone call later letting me know what had happened. I used the fitness centre - again clean and sufficient for my fitness needs. Room service was prompt and the staff very pleasant. I ate two meals in the lounge. One of those times, I arrived 10 minutes before the lounge was to open. I apologized and offered to leave but the staff wouldn't hear of it! I ordered the pecan glazed salmon - apparently the first customer to do so - and a gentleman from the dining room came to ask me for my feedback. By the way, it was delicious!

I've stayed in many hotels over the years and I would say the customer service here was stellar. This, coupled with the reasonable rates, made my stay exceptional. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lorna C
A S, General Manager at Delta Hotels Edmonton South Conference Centre, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Guest,
Your review is a treat to every colleague of mine at the Delta Edmonton South. We are so proud to offer the brand new renovated rooms along with exceptional meal experiences in our 4404 restaurant, Starbucks coffee bar and the Aurora lounge. Delta Edmonton South is the newest fully renovated hotel that is exceeding our guest expectations.
Thank you for such a wonderful feedback and we promise to deliver our best consistently.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

This hotel is quickly becoming popular as a brunch destination in Edmonton. Our server Jian makes the whole dining experience complete with her fast and friendly touches. This has become my destination of choice for Sunday brunch with friends. With the perfect location I would also think that this is a hotel for out of town guests.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
Sunday brunch in the 4404 restaurant at Delta Edmonton South is getting a loyal following from guests like you who enjoy great meals delivered by friendly servers like Jian. Our hotel is easily accessible and provides ample parking. Thank you for recommending us to your family and friends.

Rocky Mountain House, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

We opted for the Delta over our usual hotel because of the heated underground parking (overnight temp with windchill was -40). This is now our preferred hotel in Edmonton. Competitive rates, genuinely friendly customer service from everyone - front desk, housekeeping and restaurant staff; spacious, newly renovated, fresh-smelling rooms with modern decor, great beds and responsive heat controls; excellent meals - we tried both buffet and a la carte. If we had known about the heated parking we would have tried this hotel years ago.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rita R
A S, General Manager at Delta Hotels Edmonton South Conference Centre, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Guest,
We are thrilled to become your hotel of choice in Edmonton. As you mentioned we offer newest rooms that have been renovated with attention to detail and your comfort. Our 4404 restaurant and Aurora lounge provide excellent meal experiences and I am glad that you enjoyed the food quality and service.

Our team looks forward to hosting you again very soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Wonderful evening, this was the second year we attended. The meal was great, staff excellent and the latin band was exceptional. Within 5 minutes of the meal ending, the dance floor was crowded. Disappointed no ceiling ballons like previous year but would certainly attend again next year.

Room Tip: Would recommend booking a room early as they fill up quickly.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PeterJtrips
A S, General Manager at Delta Hotels Edmonton South Conference Centre, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for ringing in the new year with us at the Delta Edmonton South. The Latin party on New Year's eve has become a tradition for our guests and I am glad that you enjoyed it. We are currently planning our Valentine's day dinner in 4404 restaurant that would be another wonderful event to attend.

Thank you for your continued patronage.