“South Edmonton's Premier Hotel”

Delta Hotels Edmonton South Conference Centre
Ranked #16 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Fort McMurray, Canada
“South Edmonton's Premier Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Okay, as I've said before in Delta reviews, I stay there a lot because they have the best loyalty program. However, I would stay in this hotel regardless. Recently redone rooms and restaurants following a big fire a few years ago make it seem like a brand new hotel. I love the conveniences in the new rooms, especially the work desk with all the plug-ins and attachments with super fast internet that is faster than in my office at work. it is relatively accessible to EI Airport, still a drive, but better than staying in Leduc if you want to shop, dine or go to a movie in nearby South Common area. Staff are exceptionally helpful and polite. There's is heated enclosed parking and while there is always something going on, a wedding or whatever, never found it noisy (I always take a room up on ten or eleven. Great views of which ever quadrant of the city you're facing. They have one of the best suites I've ever seen, a two story with doors on both floors, two story window, I've lived in many apartments and condos that were smaller than the Rutherford Suite. Finally, they have a fabulous salt-water aquarium in the lobby that I stand and watch for minutes on end when I should be going somewhere.

Room Tip: Higher up you go the better the view, otherwise all floors are the same.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
A S, General Manager at Delta Hotels Edmonton South Conference Centre, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Guest,
I am thrilled as I read your review and will be sharing this with all of my team at Delta Edmonton South. You are absolutely correct that with our location, amenities and the team's desire to deliver excellent service, we provide a compelling proposition for our guests. The bi-level suites that you allude to are among the best in the city and our ballrooms and the meeting space provides unique experiences to our meeting delegates.

Thank you for your continued patronage and we will strive to consistently deliver service excellence that you have come to expect from Delta Hotels.

A Sandhu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Thai first
Winnipeg
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed two nights at the Delta South to watch a weekend volleyball tournament at UofA. Good location being a 10-15 minute drive to the South UofA campus and close to good restaurants. The front desk staff were professional and friendly at check in. I was very happy with the room, #629, but noted I could hear the traffic on the major roadway from inside my room from the 6th floor. Prior to leaving for dinner, I adjusted the temperature using the in room thermostat. When I returned, the A/C was blowing full blast and it was so loud I could no longer hear the traffic nor the TV in the room. It sounded like I was standing next to an airplane. I adjusted the thermostat to reduce the A/C and anticipated the fan speed would eventually stop when the desired temperature was reached. Being very tired from flying in early in the morning, I fell asleep despite the loud fan noise. However, the fan noise did not stop and woke me frequently during the course of the night causing a fitful sleep. Finally at 4am I couldn't take the noise and called down so that someone could help by adjusting the A/C or stopping the fan noise.

I spoke with "Josee" and she immediately offered a new room if one was available. She appologized and explained the A/C was controlled centrally and she could not turn it off or adjust the fans. She called back quickly and confirmed a new room was available. She arrived at my room and she looked surprised and commented "that's really loud" and "I'll get you to that new room right away". She noted only a repair person can fix this malfunctioning system. She moved me down the hall to a new room which did not have the AIRPLANE in it. I really appreciated her quick and professional help. The new room was quiet and the rest of my stay was fine. I did not try to adjust the temperature in the new room.

For me to complain means that this was a major problem and I was frustrated with my lack of sleep and did not feel good the next day. I checked out on Sunday morning and the front desk staff asked how my stay was. I informed them about the problem with the A/C, the fitful night sleep and switching rooms at 4am in the morning. They apologized but did not seem to care that I had a bad experience at their hotel. I would have thought my room charges would have been adjusted to reflect this problem and bad experience. It was not. Makes me think these are common problems that occur at this this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 629
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
A S, General Manager at Delta Hotels Edmonton South Conference Centre, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Guest,
I apologize for the inconvenience of AC noise in one room that late at night. Our maintenance team has fixed the issue and we have discussed with the Front Office team on how this concern should have been handled better. Your patronage is important to us and we are contacting you right away to make a meaningful redress.
I am glad that you found our location to be very convenient and the staff to be pleasant.

Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I found the service and amenities available at Delta Edmonton South to be of excellent quality. Their attached "4404" restaurant was also very good, with a variety of choices available. Their breakfast buffet earns top marks!

In-terms of location, it was reasonably close to the West Edmonton Mall, which was an added bonus.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your warm praise of Delta Edmonton South's overall location, amenities and the service excellence. Our 4404 restaurant provides one of the best breakfast counter experiences and has become a local hot spot for Sunday brunches and good dining in a casual atmosphere.
Thanks again for the wonderful feedback.

Regina, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Where to begin, I wish my visit to Edmonton was for pleasure, but it unfortunatly was not. I had to drive in from Regina to visit a ill relative. The staff at Delta Edmonton south, were amazing. Upon learning of my "accident" outside of the hotel ( having never seen 4 lanes of traffic in one direction with out a divider) and getting hit turning into the hotel, the staff were able to help me locate a near by autobody shop that would be able to help me get my driver window back up to I could travel home in a few days.
On top of that Karin from the front desk sent up a nice welcome gift with a card offering condolences about my Ill family member.
Both Karin anf Kyle from the front desk as well as a few others whos names elude me at the moment were also very helpfull in helping me choose the best directions to get to the locations i need to the next day.
I have happy to say that I am proud to have the pleasure to working with people like those at the Delta Edmonton South. Keep up the good work guys, it's this kind of service that makes the difference.
J Douglas
Delta Regina Conference Centre

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
A S, General Manager at Delta Hotels Edmonton South Conference Centre, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Guest,
I truly appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge the engaging service that you received from Karin and other colleagues at Delta Edmonton South. Our team takes pride in delivering memorable experiences and we thank you for your warm praise.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Our stay was a very pleasant surprise. The survice was great! To come back to a cheese platter and bottled water after our day trip was a very nice touch! I would recommend this hotel, and we will be staying again!

• Stayed July 2014
A S, General Manager at Delta Hotels Edmonton South Conference Centre, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Guest,
All of our team focuses on providing an elevated level of experience to our guests and I am so glad that you enjoyed it so much to share your wonderful feedback and give us your continued loyalty.

calgary, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I'll be upfront and say that I always love Delta Hotels, the rooms are consistently nice, clean, modern and comfortable. That being said, some other aspects of various Delta's are not as consistent. Here are my pro's & cons for the Delta Edmonton South.

Pros:
Free Parking with easy access to nearby stores & restaurants
Friendly & helpful staff, quick check-in and check-out times
Nice lobby
Very comfortable beds, slightly firm mattresses but not too much, beautiful linens
Updated bathrooms with nice amenities
More electrical outlets than you can ever hope for (no crawling behind night tables!)
Nice gym room
Great alarm clock/iPod docking station with a dimmer switch

Cons (definitely not reasons to skip this hotel, but cons nonetheless):
Teeny tiny elevators
Dated pool area with no steam room (everyone loves a steam room)
Rooms around the elevator on the top floor on a wedding night won't get much sleep without earplugs ('The Top of the Inn' event space entrance is kitty-corner to the echo-y elevator lobby and they plunk a nice loud grand piano right at the main door for little kids to pound at all hours)
Shower pressure was just 'meh'.

All in all I enjoyed my stay here, and wouldn't think twice about booking again if the price was right.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sisero
A S, General Manager at Delta Hotels Edmonton South Conference Centre, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your continued patronage of Delta Hotels and we never take it for granted. Our newly renovated rooms are very well liked and I appreciate many other qualities that you described for our guests to experience. You will also be pleased to know that we are updating our pool area in early September and will move the piano right away. We also have 3 fully updated elevators for our guests.
Thanks again for your lovely comments and continued loyalty to Delta Hotels.

Wembley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Had a Friday work conference and chose to stay overnight. Nice room, bed was okay-a little firm. Good breakfast buffet. Easy location to find, central to city access. Exterior a little shabby, but interior has been renovated.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,
I am thrilled with your feedback. Delta Edmonton South provides exceptional meeting experience in our fully renovated ballrooms and the meeting rooms. Our location is also perfect, you can reach all main attractions within 15 minutes, be it the airport or downtown or West Edmonton Mall.
Thank you for appreciating the new renovated guestrooms and the focus on cleanliness that we take pride in.