“Keep up the great work”

Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South
Ranked #60 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

From sales and their prompt follow ups to front desk service to a clean comfortable room, the Holiday Inn Edmonton Conference Centre does an excellent job. We ate in the Irish pub downstairs and the meal and atmosphere were excellent. Kids played in the pool while I was able to work out. The underground parking was a nice touch as it was miserably cold that weekend. Will definitely stay again...and I have.
Great job everyone.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank nojo_13
Jessie M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Thank you for your comments. We are very proud of our staff for making your stay comfortable each and everytime and will look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Very beautiful and , nicely decorated, huge, clean room with two windows. Secure underground parking. ABC restaurant down stairs serving very hot food and more than I could eat. Quiet and good night sleep. My room faced the street, but I didn't hear any noise. I didn't use the pool or the fitness room, but they both looked in very good condition and were being used by other guests.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank eattfield

Thank you for your comments. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

Checked in early and was upgraded to a fabulous executive suite. I usually ask for upgrade if available as Platinum Ambassador. Did not ask this time and was very surprised when I entered my suite with separate small table with chairs, sofa, chair large TV over fireplace. Balcony and separate bedroom. The bathroom was huge with two person tub. Would have been ideal room for small meeting or for salesman with open house for displaying wares etc. This hotel has lots of parking as well as limited underground parking. Meeting rooms are varied and convention service is very good. I ate lunch in the pub on one of my stays here. Service was good but a bit slow. Food however was very good. Atmosphere is very nice. I stopped for breakfast on two different occasions at the adjoining ABC restaurant. Very casual and two different experiences. The first time I was disappointed with service and food. Trying again on second occasion, food was very good and service was very casual and better. Prices in both restaurants were very reasonable.

Reception desk is always pleasant at check-in and check-out. When staying on south side of Edmonton, another favourite place for me to stay. My choice usually is made due to meeting placeor price. I have enjoyed my stay here on every stay!

Room Tip: Some say east side they hear the train. Some say on west side they hear the traffic. My personal exp...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank EasyRider99
Jessie M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 14 April 2013

I went to Edmonton for the day to watch a sporting event and decided to stay over for the finals the next day.
The woman at the front desk was excellent....really really good.
The room (456) was big and I liked having free Internet.....those are the only positives.
First, it cost more to not have a room facing the grin tracks.
There was some sort of clothing sale going on in the hotel and it was a fight to get to the elevator as the buyers were lined up against the elevator door. And parking was a nightmare! I had to come and go a few times and each time coming back I had to circle the lot a few times till someone left. I even had to park at a business building next door once. I left my room at around 730 pm to take some stuff to my daughter at a restaurant and was so frustrated getting off the elevator and being stuck in the parking lot that I just drove the two hours back home. I left the room with the tv on and the only thing I used was the hand soap.
I spoke with a woman at the desk about the nightmare and was told that it should taper off! The sale was all weekend and went to midnight!
I won't be back and I suggest the hotel take into consideration their guests when they book an event tht will affect them.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel is train tracks, front of hotel is a noisey busy street.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank sanaly
Jessie M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Thank you for your comments. It is through feedback that we can learn and make changes to make our guests more comfortable and at home.

Please contact me directly so we can discuss your stay with us further.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 2 April 2013

How this hotel chain is allowed to charge for rooms in the back is beyond me--should be illegal! Our bed shook till at least 1:30 in the morning from trains, so unless you can sleep standing up, you probably won't sleep like the rest of us! Restaurant had no-one in it, but somehow took forever to get our food. Waitress seemed like she was on her first shift as well. When you call to book this hotel, you would think they would warn you about the trains or at least ask if you think it would be a problem for you, not inform you when you are checking in, and there are no other rooms available. Pool was small for a group coming in, and the hot tub was so dirty, some people refused to go in. On top of that, we were blessed with someone pulling the fire alarm on Level 3, which took forever to get turned off! Would never stay here again, way overpriced for what we got!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask to stay on the west side of the hotel!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Jessie M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback. Please contact me directly so we discuss further.
Sincerely
Jessie M.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights. Upon arriving, the front desk staff was quick to greet and friendly. Check-in was fast and easy. The room was neat and clean. The room was obviously more for someone on business trip. The phone was located on the desk and far from bed/bed stand which makes it a slight inconvenience for leisure traveler like myself who would rather not get out of bed to use the phone. You get everything you expect from the hotel; free internet, free tv channels, air conditioning etc. The hotel has other facilities but the only one I used was the pool.

The hotel is conveniently located by major intersection. As far as I was concerned, it was very convenient for me to get to places that I planned to visit during this trip. It was a bit hard to find parking space the first night as we got back late and there was no parking spot left due to snow/water on the ground that shrank the parking lot. Couldn't tell if there was underground parking available.

But if it wasn't because of this one thing and one thing alone, I would have rated this hotel a 4 or a 5 even instead of a 2. And it is the train track on the east side of the hotel where my room was facing. The trains are loud. Extremely loud. It is extremely annoying. On several occasions, the trains passing by actually caused the room window to vibrate. It was the worst thing you can expect at a hotel. The uncertain intervals of train coming and stop you from relaxing is not what you want on a trip, business or leisure. I don't know if putting sound proof barriers cost too much or wouldn't help with the situation at all. But I think the hotel should at least consider sound proofing the east side rooms better or bad reviews are basically unavoidable.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for informing us of your comments. Your feedback is important to us.
Our brand standard is to have two phones in each room.

Due to technical difficulties, the cordless phone which stays by the bedside was under repair.

We would love for you to come back and stay in our Westside rooms which are away from the train tracks.

Jessie Moyo,

Reviewed 4 March 2013

We were in Edmonton for 2 nights and quite enjoyed our stay. We were totally prepared for the "noisy trains" which I was surprised to discover, they weren't that bad! Never really noticed them to be honest. I was surprised with a lot of the negative comments with regards to the noise, if you read through the last 20+ comments about the trains, then why bother stay here? The room was very clean and comfortable and the only negatives really were the fact that only one elevator was ever in use ( to the 6th floor) and with a hotel full of sport teams, it took awhile to get up and down. Also, the pool was a bit small and there were no towels available, despite the fact that we called the front desk first and were assured there was a supply of towels available. With the ABC restaurant and and a pub as well, parking was extremely limited. We were never informed about the fact that underground parking was available for a fee. Of course, reading the comments regarding the ABC restaurant, we did avoid it all together. There are plenty of other restaurants nearby. All in all, we would stay here again :)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank km100503
Jessie M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Thank you for informing us about the reviews on the ABC restaurant. Rest assured we will look into this. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to contact the Manager on Duty.