“Maybe not next time but probably will anyway”

Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South
Ranked #62 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 October 2013

As usual what I expected from Holiday inn is the rooms are clean and nice, beds are great. But this location is noisy.
My room was at the back of the hotel and the window is no more than 50 meters ( maybe little less ) from the main railroad tracks. Whne a train went by the bed shook.
Overall it is a good hotel and meets the standards.

I will stay there again just for the point and the convenience to our head office.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room on the front of the hotel. You will get away from the train noise but you trade...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank RayYuzhnoSakhalinsk
HolidayInnCCtr, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We value every opportunity to improve our service based on these reviews.
I am sorry to hear that our recent upgrade to the triple-paned windows on the East side of the hotel was not sufficient to provide the quality of rest you were looking for. The West side is an option some prefer. Or, perhaps you could take advantage of a pair of our complimentary earplugs on your next stay?

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South

Reviewed 12 October 2013

This property is wedged between a busy roadway and a busy railway line. Difficult to get away from the noise. Other than that the rooms are comfortable and the service is good. Great selection and variety of restauarants in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side face the railway tracks, rooms on the west side face the busy roadway.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank CalgaryRockies2008
Jessie M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I should have written this review months ago but am finally getting around to it. Normally I am very fair in my reviews but I can't get around the fact we had to deal with urine in the pull out couch that our daughters were sleeping on. Yes, Urine!!!!!! Its the most disgusting thing that I've ever had to deal with in a motel room!

We stayed on the long weekend in April and we realized that it was very busy but nothing was done for us. We weren't offered another room, no discount, nothing. They came and took the whole mattress off and gave us a makeshift one but how gross when my girls complained that the mattress was wet and we realized what was on it.

I called the manager, Grant, when I got home to complain and all he did was offer me a 50% off discount when we stayed there again. Not likely!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank purplesunshine1969

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We conduct ongoing training with our staff based on the reviews that we receive and this issue is being taken seriously and will be addressed.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Stayed in 2 rooms for 3 nights and the other 4 nights, were nice rooms. Clean and friendly staff. Pool a little too cold but hot tub was nice. Very helpful staff when we had a mix-up of booking an extra night, it was fixed quickly. Close enough to the U of A hospital for daily trips.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Molloyzoo

Thank you for taking time to share your experience.
We are proud of our staff who went above and beyond to make your stay comfortable.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I booked into the holiday inn on August 17-19th thinking that since I am an employee at a holiday inn myself in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, it would be nice to stay at a holiday inn as well.. My two best friends and I arrived at the hotel at 11pm very tired after a 6 hour drive. We tried to check in and a lady who was being trained at the time named Sara helped us. Unfortunately our credit card was not working and they wouldn't take my debit credit. Sara then asked her manager (Arlene) if there was anything we they could do for us and before Sara could ask that question Arlene stopped Sara and said " don't ask me anything, you know why to do" we had to wait 2 hours before we could check into our hotel. A different lady came in after us and had the same problem with her credit card and she was not very pleased at all. All she said was well "Arlene knows what to do can u get her" no one hesitated, they got Arlene right away and Arlene helped her and away she went to her hotel. The moral is that why does someone have to get treated differently then us. I felt ashamed because I was part of the employment at the holiday inn and it was so bad to see this is what people have to go through. She didn't care if where we slept or anything or how young we were. Besides that room was clean and breakfast was good.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Kimantherl
Jessie M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We conduct ongoing training with our staff based on the reviews that we receive to ensure that guest expectations are met and exceeded.

Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

Seems modern, updated, clean. Very nice hotel with lots of amenities. Within a few miles of anything you are planning to do.

I am not typically a fan of Holiday Inns but I must admit this is a very nice one and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank jasruble

Thank you for your feedback and for trying out our hotel. Happy to hear that you had a great stay.

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

We always stay here when in Edmonton. Easy to get on the main drag, good location, and pet friendly. Clean,large rooms with friendly staff and nice grassy areas for pets. Recommend this for all your needs.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Chaos1966

Thank you for your comments. Glad to hear you had a comfortable stay.
See you next time.