“Good Experience”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto, Canada
“Good Experience”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I stayed at this Holiday Inn for a week for a business trip. My stay was very good - the rooms were clean, the bed was comfortable, and staff was friendly. Housekeeping was consistent every day. The amenities are basic but well-maintained - the fitness area is small, but all equipment was in good working order. It's a bit far from Downtown Edmonton, so I would recommend renting a car if you choose to stay here and need to travel downtown. The buses in Edmonton, as I have learned, are not frequent. The food was quite good and the kitchen staff are willing to accommodate dietary restrictions. There is only one issue - the noise from the trains. While it did not affect my sleep, it can be problematic for conferences as the noise can sometimes be distracting. The hotel staff said that they are in the process of examining ways that they can better soundproof the rooms - hopefully they will have success with this endeavour. Overall, I would recommend staying at this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Jessie M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your comments. Without comments from our guests, we cannot strive to improve in the hospitality industry.
JessieM.
Guest Relations Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Thai first
toronto
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I definately had a ball at this hotel it is an outstanding place perfect access and amenities, The manager sohil is outstanding leader and arlene ois just plain amazing I love this hotel and i highly recommend this place

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Jessie M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at our Hotel.

We are so proud of our Staff who go out of their way to make all our valued guests feel at home.

Guest Relations Manager.
Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We had a short overnight trip to Edmonton and chose this hotel based on location. Rooms were clean and comfortable, staff were helpful and friendly. Hotel was surprisingly quiet in spite of being at near max capacity due to a rodeo event in town. We had a room overlooking the train tracks which I thought might be an issue, but I slept great. Bed was very comfortable. If you are sensitive to noise, I would request a room on the road side, not the tracks side. Only issue we had was lack of water pressure for a bath. It took 20 minutes to run enough for a bath and even then I couldn't get it to hot - only really warm. ABC Restaurant had a great breakfast the next morning. Convenient location for shopping in South Edmonton and lots of restaurants in the area. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, request/book a room on the road side of the hotel not the tracks side...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jessie M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South, responded to this review, 12 November 2013

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for informing us about the water pressure issue which we are investigating.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 November 2013

As a regular holiday Inn customer I was pleased with this one. The bed and pillow were the most comfortable I have ever slept on. Staff was great, and the service at the restaurant was good.

Two things that bothered me - lack of parking - I found out there is a parking garage after but no one mentioned it when I checked in, so I spend some time circling the hotel looking for a place to park

As being charged $3.75 for a 3 oz glass of orange juice at breakfast was absurd. (especaily since I was charged 2.99 for a 10 oz glass the next day in Calgary at the holiday inn there.)

Room Tip: as noted choose the highway side.
1 Thank ksuter
Jessie M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Without comments from our guests, we cannot strive to improve in the hospitality industry.
Our underground parking has limited stalls thus cannot be offered to our guests once it is full. Adding it to your profile with us helps us prepare for your arrival and meet your needs better.
Your comments regarding the cost of orange juice have been noted and pasted on to the Restaurant Manager as the restaurant is independently owned and operated.

JessieM.
Yuzhno Sakhalinsk
Reviewed 26 October 2013

As usual what I expected from Holiday inn is the rooms are clean and nice, beds are great. But this location is noisy.
My room was at the back of the hotel and the window is no more than 50 meters ( maybe little less ) from the main railroad tracks. Whne a train went by the bed shook.
Overall it is a good hotel and meets the standards.

I will stay there again just for the point and the convenience to our head office.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room on the front of the hotel. You will get away from the train noise but you trade...
2 Thank RayYuzhnoSakhalinsk
HolidayInnCCtr, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We value every opportunity to improve our service based on these reviews.
I am sorry to hear that our recent upgrade to the triple-paned windows on the East side of the hotel was not sufficient to provide the quality of rest you were looking for. The West side is an option some prefer. Or, perhaps you could take advantage of a pair of our complimentary earplugs on your next stay?
Calgary, AB, CANADA
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This property is wedged between a busy roadway and a busy railway line. Difficult to get away from the noise. Other than that the rooms are comfortable and the service is good. Great selection and variety of restauarants in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side face the railway tracks, rooms on the west side face the busy roadway.
2 Thank CalgaryRockies2008
Jessie M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing.
Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I should have written this review months ago but am finally getting around to it. Normally I am very fair in my reviews but I can't get around the fact we had to deal with urine in the pull out couch that our daughters were sleeping on. Yes, Urine!!!!!! Its the most disgusting thing that I've ever had to deal with in a motel room!

We stayed on the long weekend in April and we realized that it was very busy but nothing was done for us. We weren't offered another room, no discount, nothing. They came and took the whole mattress off and gave us a makeshift one but how gross when my girls complained that the mattress was wet and we realized what was on it.

I called the manager, Grant, when I got home to complain and all he did was offer me a 50% off discount when we stayed there again. Not likely!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank purplesunshine1969
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We conduct ongoing training with our staff based on the reviews that we receive and this issue is being taken seriously and will be addressed.
Guest Relations Manager

Travellers are raving about these Edmonton hotels