Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
US$150
US$100
US$120
US$94
All reviewshi expressthe penthousefree breakfastbreakfast roomcoffee makercomfortable stayyogurtbed was very comfortableparking lotrooms are cleanstayed one nightup to datepool and hot tuban upgradebusiness tripbalconiesarrows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 September 2013

The Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown is a good clean friendly hotel. I've stay at this hotel on business and pleasure. The staff is very friendly and wants to make your stay the best they can. The rooms are clean and quiet. The breakfast buffet is one of the best I've had for a free hotel breakfast. They change up the menu items from day to day, so it never gets boring. All rooms have balconies. Walking distance to everything. Pool and hot tub are kept clean.

Room Tip: All rooms and floors have good views of surrounding area.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank parkalex11
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Walking distance to everything. I rented a car but barely even used it for my downtown meetings. Staff were very friendly. Room needed more updates, kitchenette IN bathroom was humorous... a it gross but you get used to it especially if you don't use it. I give this an average rating.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear bazingga_08,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I am glad you liked our convenient location. However, I am sorry you found some aspects of our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed 2 nights & the staff were very friendly & helpful. We had a nice size room with 2 large beds. Liked having a small fridge & connection for my laptop. Enjoyed the breakfasts very much. There is a small park right behind the hotel to walk the dog. Appreciated the free newspaper in the morning & the free apples at the desk. Loved the central location. Holiday Inn, Thank you very much for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gerge07
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Drove to Edmonton not knowing where to stay. Holiday Inn Express came up read reviews and decided to book from what I read. The hotel was great. The staff were friendly and knowledgable. Our room was great. Corner room with a great view of the city. The room was clean which is important to me. The breakfast was great. The hotel is centrally located to everything we needed. Not far from the West Edmonton Mall. We had a great stay and recommend this hotel to anyone going to Edmonton.

Room Tip: We had a corner room great view of the city
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Coreen52
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night when we went to Edmonton for the Saskachewan Roughriders v. Edmonton Eskimos game on August 24th. (Go Riders!)

We arrived early so weren't able to checkin when we first arrived, but they tagged our bags and put them in a back room so we could store them there until we returned to the hotel after the Roughrider/Eskimos game, which was nice. We didn't realize there was parking right at the hotel so we parked across the street in a lot for $12 for the entire day. Turns out that was probably a good idea as we overheard another guest say they couldn't find a parking stall in the hotel's lot. I think the parking at the hotel was $10 a day so we weren't out that much anyway.

We checked in after we returned from the football game, and checkin was quick and easy. The lobby was clean and the staff were very friendly. We received some type of "Game Day" upgrade to a King bed, and we were very pleased with the size and cleanliness of the room. Only thing that wasn't that great was the lighting in the room. There was no light switch to turn on the lamps, and there was no other light in the room but the two end-table lamps, but that didn't bother us much. The wallpaper in the bathroom was starting to peel in a few places, but it was otherwise very clean. It was a little strange that the coffee maker was on a vanity behind the bathroom door and not outside of the bathroom, but again, this didn't really bother us.

Continental breakfast the next morning was great. They had a great selection: a hot bar of sausage, ham, and eggs; toast, muffins, english muffins, and bagels; pancakes and pastries; fresh coffee and juice; fresh fruit; and a little fridge stocked with milk, chocolate milk, hard-boiled eggs, and (my favourite part!) a large selection of yogurts. Most continental breakfasts I've been to don't have a staff member to clear and clean tables, refill your coffee, etc. but the kid they had working there was on top of everything!

In conclusion, the hotel was clean, the staff were friendly, my bed was comfy, and the breakfast was great. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple