“hotel”

Ranked #80 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Lisa D, Manager at Edmonton Inn and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Reviewed 20 March 2014

My second Ramada this week and my last ever. Tired, old hotel in need of some TLC. Reasonably clean but the carpet is stained and very worn. Furniture is banged up. Sofa is very worn (you can see the stuffing) and you sink to the floor if you sit on it. WiFi signal is weak at best, keeps dropping signal so it was impossible to get any work done. There is nothing near here and the hotel restaurant is OK at best but not much choice if you don't want to go wandering. I picked this because of price (reasonable not cheap) and location (across from the customer I was visiting). Not coming back and not going to be staying at any more Ramada hotels

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Japruzze
Lisa D, Manager at Edmonton Inn and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

I am sorry that your recent stay did not meet your expectations. We are currently looking into our existing WIFI offering and determining how we can make it better. We know that WIFI is access is essential to our guests and will continue to work at improving our offering. If you wish to further discuss your stay with us, please contact me at your convenience. We will work hard to earn your business.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

The location to the royal Alex hospital is good. The rooms in the east tower need to be updated, rugs are dirty in the rooms. The restaurant breakfast buffet is ok when it's included on your room price, but not worth the $15 they charge for it. Only have 1 select of eggs,potato and meat. They do have a waffle machine, yogurt and boxed cereal. The restaurant menu is not bad. Too bad they don't have enough staff in it. We stayed at the beginning of the week and it wasn't busy but it took forever to get served. Didn't matter if it was waiting to be seated or ordering or getting you bill. To bad. The service used to be better

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Annserv

Thank you for telling us about your recent visit. We value your comments and will use them to get better. I am sorry that the service in our botaniCa restaurant was slow during your visit. We will endeavor to fix this so that we can improve your experience next time. If you would like to contact me prior to your next visit, it would be my pleasure to upgrade you into a more newly refurbished room for your next stay. Thank again for taking the time to let us know how we are doing.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Tired and old. Not within walking distance to anything, no pool, weak to nonexistent wifi signal, couldn't get thermostat to work properly, bathroom light went out, maintenance came quickly but took over an hour to fix because it was an electrical problem, not a light bulb problem.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank alhan10

Thank you for telling us about your stay. I am sorry that we didn’t leave you with a favorable impression. Please contact me if you wish to discuss your concerns. I know that we can do better and would love the opportunity to make it up to you.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I attended a business course close to the area about 4.0kms away. Perfect location for this purpose, except avoid Yellowhead Hwy 16 westbound in the morning. Better to use Kinsway, 118 Avenue and St. Albert trail and expect a bit of slow traffic lights that turn a 10 minute commute into 25 minutes.
The magnetic reader on the elevators don't work reading your room cards sometimes, so it's a minor inconvenience unless you're on a rush to go back to your room. (I always carried the 2 cards or was lucky enough to hitch a ride with another patron going to the same floor)
Upon entering the room, it felt like a light moldy/old odor. Beds were very comfortable and wasn't bothered by any noises during the night.
All service staff at reception was always very attentive, courteous and professional, and the included breakfast buffet was very complete and fresh with a courteous server always smiling.
Unfortunately, I forgot a small Samsung Tablet on my check-out date and while still being in Edmonton I phoned the hotel about one hour after checking out but Front Desk only transferred me to a voice-mail that never got back to me. Still in Edmonton and a few hours before driving back to Red Deer, I went back to the hotel and inquired about my Tablet at the front desk, but after waiting for about 20 minutes, they told me that nothing was found and kept my contact information. I'm not really concerned about the monetary value of the tablet, but what irks me is that someone did end up taking this device with sensitive information and not reporting it to Lost and Found, for we double checked and made sure that it wasn't accidentally packed unnoticed in our belongings. I guess I learned my lesson on not to forget small electronic devices ever. I've tried a third time contacting them by phone but then front desk sends me again to the voice-mail for lost and found.
Just for this experience, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent review of the Ramada Hotel & Conference Centre. We pride ourselves on our property upkeep and attention to detail, but clearly we were not up to standards on your stay, and for that I am truly sorry. We have heard your feedback regarding our magnetic readers in the elevators and have ordered an alternative reader that will be more efficient for our guests. We will be installing it as soon as it arrives. Upon receipt of your call on the tablet we had checked the room and laundry but nothing was found. If we can be of further attention please do not hesitate to contact us directly. Thank you for bringing them to our attention – it helps us get better.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

my wife made the reservation for a king room. they gave us a queen room which we were ok with, but then didn't give us a discount on the messed up reservation. room was dirty and heat didn't work, it was cold. needs renovations

Room Tip: stay some place else
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mork o

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay. I will pass along your comments to our team so that we can try to prevent this from happening again. I would be pleased to discuss your concerns further and try to make it right for you. Please contact me at the Ramada Conference Centre at your convenience.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stayed at the Ramada for one night because I had a conference scheduled there. The hotel is very large and I was pleasantly surprised by the newer, bright and clean lobby.

After a couple minutes at the counter, I was given a room key and made my way up to the north tower. You need a key card to get up the elevator and it took several tries for my card to register. Once I got to the 6th floor, I walked down a dated hallway yet couldn't find the room I was given. After double checking, I took the elevator back down and was met at the bottom by the lady who had checked me in telling me she had given me the wrong room! Everyone makes a mistake every now and then, and I was impressed by her effort to correct the problem! She walked me to the East tower and pleasantly sent me on my way.

The East tower hallway was still pretty old, and my room on the fifth floor was decent. It had a walkout balcony which would be nice in the summer, but with the temperature being extremely cold, the only thing I noticed was the draft coming from the door.

My understanding was the East tower had some updated rooms and mine had a flat screen TV. The bed was not new, and was very hard, but reasonably comfortable. The room was clean, which was really all that mattered.

I had no issues checking out, and proceeded to my meetings. At the end of the day, I left for the drive home when I realized I had left my phone charger in the hotel room. I called the front desk and asked if I could come by and get it. They told me lost and found was closed because they had gone hone and I wouldn't be able to. I was very disappointed as I had a long drive ahead in extremely cold weather so I wanted a working phone just in case of car trouble. I pleaded with her to see if anything could be done, but she said there was nothing she could do.

I decided to drive back and ask in person just in case. I was greeted by a gentleman named Johnny who was very busy but still made time to go and grab it for me. He was dealing with a very rowdy customer at the same time but still went the extra mile. Kudos to him! Very disappointing the lady on the phone was lying about lost and found.

All in all, I don't think I would choose this hotel with other newer options available at similar price, but it was clean and the breakfast was good.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

We have received your feedback from your recent stay. I am glad you were able to get your charger back prior to your long journey home. I apologize that we were not quick to offer solutions. We are very proud of Jotty and his consistent efforts to ensure that our guests are taken care of and we will gladly pass along your comments. We do have several floors of rooms that were refurbished more recently and we would be pleased to offer one of them to you if you wish to stay with us again in the future. I would be more than happy to make and of your future bookings and answer and any questions that you might have. Thank you again for taking the time to tell us about your experience.