Comfort Inn & Suites
  • Pool
Matrix Hotel(Edmonton)
US$133
US$126
Days Inn Edmonton South(Edmonton)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$85
All reviewsdowntown edmontonan extra nightalberta legislatureclean bathroomolder hotelfridge and microwavelots of pillowslight sleeperyogurtbit datedper daycomfortable staystreet noiseking roomcontinental breakfastone night staycoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I have stayed all across canada and this was probably the worst. There was a smell of weed on the entire floor, i asked the girl at the front desk MULTIPLE times to fix the problem.... talk to the guests that were smoking it..... and she didnt, i felt very unsafe sleeping in my room but got sick of complaining so just tried to get as much sleep as possible... i will never stay here again and i want everyone to know that besides not fixing the weed problem the room was disgustingly dirty .. for 135 dollars a night ill stay else where

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Homa V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Ashley P,
At Comfort Inn we do our best to make our guests comfortable, that is why we still have Smoking option floor. I understand you chose a smoking room, and expected smelling cigarette only. We totally agree, and we do have a high penalty for those who break the rule. I am awfully sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance this incident caused.
Hope your next visit to our chain yields a more positive experience.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We've stayed here many times and are always satisfied with the hotel and service. The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly. The on-site Chinese restaurant was also very nice. Note: the restaurant can't do room service or charge to the room. It's a completely separate business.
We were able to check-in a few hours early. I knew the room would have a refrigerator, but I was a little surprised to see the microwave and just how big the room was. It was a standard king room.
The selection at the complimentary breakfast is very good and includes hot items. I don't think the juice machine was working well because the juice wasn't cold.
The only thing I'd recommend to management would be to look at replacing windows. They seem old and allow some street noise in.
Bonus: free parking and allow dogs in certain rooms.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Micbou,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your comments. This was a great boost for all of us at Comfort Inn to try even harder providing our guests with a very pleasant stay.
On behalf of all our staff I send you our sincere gratitude

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The hotel was fine. The breakfast was free and was pretty unimpressive. Free parking was nice. We booked on priceline and got a very good deal for the location. Bed was comfy and the TV was nice. We went for a run and you can get to the river in about 6 minutes. They let us leave some luggage with them after we checked out. The luggage storage was in the manager's office and can only accommodate small bags. I found the mini-fridge in the room to be pretty loud (but I'm sensitive).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Jacob H

I greatly appreciate your taking the time to write your comments. You have very valid points, and we will definatley consider them in our future decision making.
Thank you so much for your time, and hope to be your host again.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed here for a business trip. My employer booked the room with her credit card but aparently that was only to hold the room so when I went to check in they would not let me check in. My boss had to come down and present her credit card again. They would not send a third party credit form or anything. And to top it all off the resturant will not do room service or charge to your room. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Karly Rae,

I agree these days saftey and security protocols creat a lot of hassles, however it is for our own peace of mind. To avoid back charges, and identity theft, we have no choice but to double check all transactions. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had to endure. We will do our best to ease up the procedures.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

This past August I traveled across Canada, straight from Nova Scotia. I chose Choice Hotels for my stays along the way. By the time I arrived to Edmonton it was rather late, I had been driving for 16 hours and I wanted nothing but my King suit I booked online that morning. When I arrived I was treated with poor service, they told me I never booked the suit and to top it off I had to pay for it AGAIN at the front counter. I am 19... and so far traveled five provinces and three hotels by myself and never had a problem.
I booked the room online with my parents credit card number and they wanted to see the card which I didn't have on me but had a photo copy version, that wasn't going to slide for them... So according to them the room wasn't booked but I HAD to stay in it otherwise I would be charged as a no show. Like if your going to charge it as a no show why can't you charge the credit card for me to stay?
Anyway, along with being treated with absolutely no respect I paid with my debit card. The following morning I awoke to a receipt slid under the door saying my current charges were 756.00$ !! That was so much fun to deal with at the front desk with the exact same lady.
Needless to say if you are traveling and want a comfortable, easy going place to stay this is sadly not the place as it caused me more stress than anything I had encountered on my journey.
The complimentary breakfast on the other hand was delicious :)

Room Tip: I recommend if you can book a cheap King suit DO IT. It's totally worth it and accommodated all of my needs. But, call the hotel after you book if doing so online to ensure it is paid for because this seems to be an issue. Also eat the free breakfast at the hotel it is delicious.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo