“Bad service”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #56 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Service in general was excruciatingly horrid.Was charged for something I accidently clicked on, which would of never happened, had they had a proper working remote for my television. Was forced to pay even after explaining my situation, due to my alternative apperance( punk). Never stay here unless you dont mind judgemental and unaccepting service.

• Stayed: December 2013
Homa V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Unsatisfactoryand,

I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us was not satisfactory. At Comfort Inn we constantly try to make our guest s stay as pleasant as possible within our limits. However , there are some circumestances beyound our limits, such the movie company which operates independently.
Please accept my sincere apologies, I sincerely hope your next stay in Edmonton yields towards a more favorable experience.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Nothing spectacular about the place, it's old and could use some updates, plumbing is a little noisy, but very convenient central location and more affordable than most other hotels downtown. Lots of things around. Also has free parking which is great.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The staff was miserable from the time we walked in the door, the price I booked at somehow wasn't the price anymore, they didn't make it easy to deal with them. The front desk girl fought with me about the rate, and I had it printed on my reservation confirmation, but still I was somehow wrong. It would be great if anyone spoke clear english. I had my mother and aunt with me and I felt bad I had booked such an awful hotel. The rooms were oddly shaped and had a funny smell, the bed covers seemed dingy and the bedspread had cigarette burns in it. Breakfast was ok but I will never ever stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Homa V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Norah B,

I am very sorry that your experience with our hotel was not what we had hoped for. As there are so many different venues to book a room sometimes the third party booking center does not enter the detailed information, amd some details like number of people is important to be in compliance with health codes.Please accept our sincere apologies for our staff shortcoming.
Hope your next stay with our chain is more pleasant.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Being a Comfort Inn, I wasn't expecting much. That was probably a good place to start, but it was still downhill from "not much".

When you arrive you just can't miss the smell of cigarette smoke. It seems to be everywhere; in the lobby, in the elevator, in the halls. And this is supposed to be a smoke free property. Maybe they mean "smoke all you like! It's free!".

When you get to your room you better be happy with the temperature, because the climate control is under a plexiglass guard that is locked. My thermostat made a constant clicking noise that would have driven me nuts if I didn't have ear plugs. My room was also adjacent to the elevator, so I was serenaded by hydraulic/electromechanical sounds all night. The whole place is just really tired.

The staff were indifferent, but I can see why they wouldn't be very enthusiastic working in such a depressing place.

Do yourself a favour, spend another twenty or thirty bucks a night ans stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Select another hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Muttman,
It is very understandable that smell of smoke is not pleasant for a non smoker. I am very sorry you had to experience that. We are not smoke free property, one floor has designated to smoking option, and we try to contain the smell in that floor only,
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I have stayed all across canada and this was probably the worst. There was a smell of weed on the entire floor, i asked the girl at the front desk MULTIPLE times to fix the problem.... talk to the guests that were smoking it..... and she didnt, i felt very unsafe sleeping in my room but got sick of complaining so just tried to get as much sleep as possible... i will never stay here again and i want everyone to know that besides not fixing the weed problem the room was disgustingly dirty .. for 135 dollars a night ill stay else where

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Ashley P,
At Comfort Inn we do our best to make our guests comfortable, that is why we still have Smoking option floor. I understand you chose a smoking room, and expected smelling cigarette only. We totally agree, and we do have a high penalty for those who break the rule. I am awfully sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance this incident caused.
Hope your next visit to our chain yields a more positive experience.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We've stayed here many times and are always satisfied with the hotel and service. The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly. The on-site Chinese restaurant was also very nice. Note: the restaurant can't do room service or charge to the room. It's a completely separate business.
We were able to check-in a few hours early. I knew the room would have a refrigerator, but I was a little surprised to see the microwave and just how big the room was. It was a standard king room.
The selection at the complimentary breakfast is very good and includes hot items. I don't think the juice machine was working well because the juice wasn't cold.
The only thing I'd recommend to management would be to look at replacing windows. They seem old and allow some street noise in.
Bonus: free parking and allow dogs in certain rooms.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Micbou,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your comments. This was a great boost for all of us at Comfort Inn to try even harder providing our guests with a very pleasant stay.
On behalf of all our staff I send you our sincere gratitude

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The hotel was fine. The breakfast was free and was pretty unimpressive. Free parking was nice. We booked on priceline and got a very good deal for the location. Bed was comfy and the TV was nice. We went for a run and you can get to the river in about 6 minutes. They let us leave some luggage with them after we checked out. The luggage storage was in the manager's office and can only accommodate small bags. I found the mini-fridge in the room to be pretty loud (but I'm sensitive).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Jacob H

I greatly appreciate your taking the time to write your comments. You have very valid points, and we will definatley consider them in our future decision making.
Thank you so much for your time, and hope to be your host again.