“1st time in Edmonton”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #58 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed 24 July 2014

From N.S. to Edm for our sons wedding. The price was good & i love continential breakfast & it was the best one ever. It was a great way to start the day. The hotel was clean & in a great area where you could walk to many places. My husband & i walked after breakfast & found some nice parks to enjoy. We also enjoyed the pool & hot tub. We stayed there for 4 days & 4 nights. We also were able to park my sons van there some as they had to have two vans in town for the wedding guess things that had to be done. We had great sleeps & if i ever came back to Edmonton i would definately stay here again. There are many places to eat if you take a walk around a few blocks such as Subway, Starbucks, & other resturants. Thanks for eveything.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor & it was quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dianne S

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed in july the stay was really a best i ever had.the manager gary helped me with the city information .and made every effort to make the stay comfortable...the breakfast was really excellent one .

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Me and a few friends were staying here for one night as we were going out downtown. From the moment we walked in the man and woman at the desk were incredibly rude. They told us they would have people watching the security cameras to see if we were all staying over night or sneaking people in, they used a rude tone and before even allowing us to explain our situation bean informing us of the consequences of having more than the requested amount of people per room. I understand their concerns with big groups but the fact that they talked down to us from the moment we came to the desk, not making feel welcomed but rather threatened was incredibly unprofessional. At nearly every hotel I've ever stayed at the concierge has always been well mannered and inviting, I can't put into words how disappointed I was at the people working here. I was looking forward to this weekend for a long time and I felt embarrassed having to deal with the uncomfortable situation they put me in, in front of my friends. I personally would not recommend staying here. If I'm going to pay money to stay someplace I want to feel welcomed, common courtesy shouldn't be this difficult.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank S K
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one night while we were driving across Canada. The room was comfortable and cool as it was hot outside. The air-conditioner was quiet. There was also a fridge small microwave and a coffee maker with supplies in the room. The staff were friendly and efficient. Especially when some local thugs tried to take the bikes off our bike rack during the evening. The security staff noticed and called our room and had us come down and lock up the bikes in the hotel. They also got us to move our car so that it could be seen by the security cameras as we had our car loaded with stuff as we are generally camping. Breakfast offered plenty of choices. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place for a reasonable price with breakfast included. There's also a good Thai restaurant a block and a half walking distance away.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Today my husband and I went to reserve a room for 2 employees of his, we waited a long time for the reservation process the staff was not sure how to process the room for us. They didn't even know if they could make a photocopy of the reservation for us. We finally got everything settled the room reserved, they told us that my husbands employees just have to come in later with their identification and that is all. Our employees went in this evening for their room and got rejected saying there was no reservation even though we had paid earlier and received a copy of our payment and room reservation. The only reason my husbands employees got rejected is for their appearances they are both awesome workers and people themselves just because they have tattoos on them is not a reason to turn people down. The company called my husband about this issue tried playing dumb with the reservation and told him "they do not look like they can afford this room". This room was already paid for by us earlier in the day. I would never recommend this place to anyone at all there is better service available at other hotels which are cheaper in price to.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel 2ce before, liked everything - it was clean and fresh even though it was under construction. This time I was quote upset with the room. The walls were in drink/food spots which could clearly be cleaned easily, the hotel stinks as it is smoker friendly. A window in my room had a crack and air conditioner couldn't cool down the room, so I had to open the windows. The night was loud as there was a karaoke/pub around the corner from my suite. And I noticed that stuff is louder than the guests (saw a screaming pub worker on my walk). There is also a Chinese restaurant in the hotel, so food smell is pretty strong too. It is very nice that the hotel offers breakfast - a fairly good one. I also had to pay additional money for parking. Parade is disgusting - all the fat from the restaurant is coming out there, strangers always wonder around, moreover there was a pile of mattresses that are awaiting to be tossed in the comer of the parked, all smudged. Would not stay there again even they pay me.

Room Tip: Ask those rooms that are facing a street - traffic is not that high and no building across so you ge...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Maria G
Reviewed 6 July 2014

stayed at this hotel on a business trip. I didn't know anything about his hotel as it was booked for me. Lets say if I had know what this place was like I definitely would've steered very clear of this place.

The front of the building looks nice, but that's about where it ends. you go inside to a dumpy looking lobby, with a dumpy Chinese restaurant attached and the smell of stale alcohol coming from the bar which is also attached. Much to my surprise when I checked in I was told I had to pay $10 a night to park. Seriously??? I pay to stay at your hotel then you charge me to park. And before I got into the hotel after parking I had some homeless guy who was trolling the lot ask me for money.

So I checked in and they gave me room 514. I hopped into the slowest elevators on the planet and got to my room. The ceiling was 1/2 covered in extreme water damage. It appeared as though it could come down at anytime. There was also a fresh patch job where they had fixed up a hole. The tv remote didn't work, and it overlooked the chainsaw massacre looking pool room. I went down to complain about the room, and was told that it wasn't water damage... Well lady I think I know what water damage looks like. So reluctantly she agreed to move me to another room. Room 519. This room at least had an intact ceiling. The windows were disgusting and the room was hotter then the desert. I tried to turn the temperature down, but that did nothing. All I could do was open up the tiny window to allow some air in. Absolutely horrible.

The one and only good part of this place is the location. it is within walking distance of pretty much anything downtown.

$10 to park
Disgusting rooms
Ceilings falling in
Awful smells from the bar

Overall a horrible hotel which should be bulldozed and rebuilt to a nicer hotel

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business