“Great, Value for Money Hotel”

Comfort Inn Edmonton West
Ranked #45 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Stayed at this hotel while looking for a place when I moved to Edmonton. Room was basic, a little tired, but clean and functional. Staff were very friendly and helpful. They made my welcome to Edmonton a warm one. One downside of this hotel is that they do not serve breakfast like other Comfort Inn's. They do have Albert's Family Restaurant on site and are very close to fast food outlets and restaurants. A full grocery is within walking distance as well.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank islandyuppie

Reviewed 28 October 2012

We just arrived home from an overnight stay at the comfort inn west 100 Ave. We chose this hotel for it's proximity to West Edmonton Mall -- approx. 5 min away. I booked 2 rooms online prior to our arrival and when we checked in found that they had us booked in the wrong rooms. They put us in a different room with two smaller beds. The room itself was fine -- not too small but just a basic room. The bathroom wasn't as clean as we would like -- soap scum and hairs in the tub. We tried to have the rooms changed but they wouldn't allow it. For the price of the hotel I expected better service from the front desk staff and a cleaner room.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2012

The worst customer service I've ever seen!front desk staff were horrible and made no attempt to help when tv in my room didn't work!i politely told them that I would just cancel my room and went to truck.then I walked back in and asked if they could just switch tv with one in an empty room.he then told me that he went and checked it while I was outside and that tv was working but that he had allready booked the room to somebody else!so I had to go find another hotel!and to make it worse, they did a preauthorization on my credit card for $220 that takes "a couple days" to be credited back!WILL NEVER SET FOOT IN THIS HOTEL AGAIN!!! But if like horrible customer service, check this hotel out!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 26 September 2012

This is a great location if visiting the West Edmonton Mall. The hotel lobby was inviting and comfortably furnished and the staff very welcoming upon arrival. The room was very clean and well maintained. All staff we encountered were very friendly and courteous. A most enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Choose ground floor rooms with patio door access
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lucia B
Reviewed 13 December 2011

$10 to make use of the computer in the lobby!!!! Why don't they just start metering the water and charge extra for how long you're in the shower....

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank garbeth77
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Very good price for a really well kept hotel. Nice sleep and very clean. Good staff.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank quinton m
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I rented non smoking room and was given smelly non smoking room.
There was NO fridge or micro, TV did not work. Patio door had NO
screen. Went to f/d she was half a sleep as she did 2 shift and was
tired.She started telling me they have lot of complains and lot of staff
turn over, so haring all from her, I did not complain but left UPSET.

Room Tip: Check room before renting
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family