“Happy with the Accomodations”

Comfort Inn Edmonton West
Ranked #45 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Needed a a place to stay close to the West Edmonton Mall as a last minute arrangement. Was very happy with the location.
Check in staff was very friendly. Rooms are clean and newly renovated. Coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave in the room. Bed was very comfortable, had a great nights sleep. Ate breakfast the nexgt morning at the restaurant next door. Overall found the Comfort Inn to be as advertised. Satisfactory.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tr1pTraveler
Clement C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Thank you so much for your time to write us a review and tell us how we are doing. I will share your experience with my staff. We all hope to accomodate you again soon.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

We chose this hotel, as we have never had a problem with Comfort Inn's in the past. The staff were very cold and unfriendly. Treated us as if we were bothering them when checking in.
Room was decent. Bathroom was updated and nice. We found the bed a bit hard, but overall the room was clean and acceptable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank thradia2012
Clement C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Sorry to hear of your arrival experience. I will share your comments with the Front Desk team to make sure warm welcome is our top priority. At the same time, thanks for your comments of newly renovated hotels. We all hope that you will visit us again in the future. Thanks for your time to write us a review. Take care.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I enjoyed my stay here, the hotel is getting a lot of renovations done, so the rooms and hallways have a real updated feel. The location is great , on 100th avenue there is no shortage of closeby bars, restaurants and shopping, and you are about 5 minutes away from the big mall. All the furniture in the room was new, and the washroom was also updated, I found the front desk staff very friendly and helpful. TV, WI-FI and parking were all satisfactory, I would stay here again whenever I am in West Edmonton.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jimmyrozner
Clement C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you for writing your recent review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We just finished our furniture granite top. Hope you will be visiting us soon. We all would be happy to see you again.
Takre care

Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

Worst Comfort Inn I've ever stayed in. It's probably the only Choice Hotel in North America that doesn't serve free breakfast! The staff is not friendly at all. My friend went down to ask about options for dining and then the lady was on the phone so she didn't even have the courtesy to answer her and then she just told her you have a black binder in your room!! Room service doesn't start til 11 o'clock when it's written 8 o'clock in that black binder!! Parking lot is just terrible they didn't remove the snow all night! The rooms are kinda renovated but they don't have fridges are you kidding me!! They don't have elevators either. I don't recommend this hotel to anyone at all!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Medy79
Clement C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

I do apologize for your experience here and the impression that it left you with. Unfortunately, we cannot control of the continuous heavy snowfall when you stayed with us. Contractor did come and removed the snow after the snowfall stopped. We lease out the restaurant, so it is not managed by the hotel but I will sure to mention that to the restaurant Manager/Owner. If possible, please let me know who was the staff that your friend talked to so that I can follow up with the staff and make sure it will not repeated. We do have fridges at the property. If you mentioned to the front desk, we would be happy yot send you one. Regarding the elevator, unfortunately, due to the hotel layout and design, there is not much I can do about it. Thanks for letting us know of your concerns, so that we can see where we can improve.

Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Doesn't look great from the outside and Parkin lot is awful (snow wasn't removed) but the interior is newly renovated and it's nice! It's modern and clean, and conveniently located 3 minutes away from the west ed mall. Would go there again!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lunesouslesoleil
Clement C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay at our newly renovated hotel. Thank you so much for taking the time for the review. We all hope you will visit us again soon and we would be happy to accomodate you.
Take care

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I just spent six days at this property and was very impressed with the service. The rooms are clean, well equipped and the minor maintenance issues that I had were fixed very quickly. A free breakfast in the morning would have been nice, but there is a restaurant on site and several more within walking distance. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Dirk_ca

Thank you very much for taking your time to write and tell us how we are doing. I would share your comments to all my staff. We all hope to accomodate you again. Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Travelling on buisness staying at the comfort inn west end is great... Cooperate lodging rates are really reasonable. Clean rooms .. Great service at the front and the location is walkable to restauraunts .. Hooters is across the street and West ed mall is just a short drive away .. I highly recommend if your in the west end..

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Steven V
Clement C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thank you very much for taking your time to write us a review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We all hope to accommodate you again soon.
Take Care